MIseryland

MIseryland

A Poem by Richard

There’s nothing to reach for when you’re dying inside..

 

There’s no Eden with grumpy trees that stretch out and extend to you dwarves who tickle you and tell you everything is hilarious. No green apples that grow into pumpkin chariots with little men for wheels who spin yarn into heaven. However, they shoot their bows up into the air anyway. Like life is some kind of joke. It’s no joke when an arrow lands in your hat.
There isn’t even a broom to ride home on; you have to walk. And when you feel worthless, as I do, you’d rather not. All you get is carpets that lie to you.

Looking into the chariot, though, of a fat king in the road who has his a*s wiped by the same dwarves who laugh like everything is hilarious, I see gold on the seat.
Meanwhile, back in Miseryland, I’m dying to eat. As awfully deprecatory as things are though.. .I appreciate the gesture of the friendly MOOKS who invite me in some days for hot mud. It’s not like cocoa. In fact, it tastes like purple dizzying fungus grown under the moat in the castle of Sebastian the Symbiotic Frog Duke. But, it’s not about the taste or quality of the mud, it’s the gift. It’s about the gift and it’s about the purely selfless heart. I once heard a tale from a friend of a friend through a wall of a friend’s second cousin’s ear (Even if it was during the great ear ‘mites of 1403) that there is a Sorcerer who lives up on Harpy Hill. This is not just a Sorcerer! I heard he has the power to cure frostbite and sadness.. Of course, friend’s second cousin is known to be wrong from time to time.
However, I decided I would see this healer. After I finish renovating the Royal Palace with new carpets. Carpets that lie. Carpets that eat your soles. Carpets that lie to you..  I may be irascible but I’m not erasable. 

© 2013 Richard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like we have the same muse. Have you seen her? The last paragraph is perfect. I love the feeling that I am standing on my head- your writing gives me that feeling. Also, I think this could do with a bit of formatting. It makes it easier to read. Spaces and such.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Richard

10 Years Ago

ah, I like what you're suggesting actually ... and that does make sense .. I tend to be very meticul.. read more
Elizabeth

10 Years Ago

Ha! Right on :)
Richard

10 Years Ago

hah :)
Wow...this was like Alice in Wonderland on steroids. I mean that in a good way, by the way. You have an active imagination, my friend. I could see this expanded into a short story, or even something longer. "Miseryland", I like that. Even though I have never done it before, this feels like some rouge acid trip or something. Interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Richard

11 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much that's really thoughtful actually because some of my favorite writers are peop.. read more
Richard

11 Years Ago

and interestingly at the time I was very low and depressed when I wrote that thing .. but you might .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013

Author

Richard
Richard

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



Writing
birthmark birthmark

A Poem by Richard