The Little Things

The Little Things

A Poem by Richard
"

do you ever remember being in love and you have a new purpose and the little squabbles are daily life, they happen, but they make up the essence of being with that person ...?

"

I want my wife to recognize my small efforts.
For example, yesterday I swept under the lacquer-stained armoire we found in that old man’s trash. What was his name? Hugo or Django?
It’s not so important because I love you anyway. But take for instance last Wednesday when I made a trip to the farmer’s market the night before it opened and camped out in that tree-house shaped like an egg that that man from BC made for the kids..he was in the news it was incredible actually.
I woke up with nails in my hands and bruises in my pelvic region. I think I had a mosquito bite the size of Spain on my right elbow. We laughed about it anyway. But, anyway, I got you your cinnamon raisin biscuits and The Daily Telegraph, because, well, I’d do anything for you.
All I’m saying is next time you threaten to walk out on me �" remember the little things.

© 2013 Richard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

aww... hehehe... this was cute and emotional. :) loved it. :) good luck richard. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, what a committed and passionate story

Posted 10 Years Ago


Richard

10 Years Ago

thank you. It's very opposite to yours hah ... whereas yours is very realist and moral mine is sort .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on June 16, 2013

Author

Richard
Richard

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



Writing
birthmark birthmark

A Poem by Richard