Professional Girlfriend

Professional Girlfriend

A Story by Patricia Hernandez
"

Its short, merely a paragraph. Fun to read, quick!

"

I sat in the taxi, fidgeting with the seam of my dress and thinking I’d rather be home in my silk pajamas than here, on my way to this activity; which suggested disaster. It was part of my job, listed in my business card as “professional girlfriend”. It was a great paying job, but a hard one to explain to your family. Tonight’s client was Mr. Gregory Smith. I was early to his cocktail party, almost an hour, so I tricked my driver to into circling around the block, 3 times. The price displayed on the cheap monitor kept escalating, and left without option; I climbed out of the taxi, and paid him off, walking myself to the hotel. There he was, my client. I had luck, for the men I dealt with were not of an ugly demeanor. There was something, a 6th sense, which kept me on alert; you never knew what could go down in a billionaire’s party. As for my client, he was having a blast, introducing me by the name of Iris Hill, his girlfriend. All had been so far in order, somewhat successful; we even threw in a kiss just for show. His family was pleased by his choice of girlfriend and viewed him favorably. To say the least, we were the talk of the night, until Mr. Smith’s brother Josh came in with his buddies. Totally frudk, my ex-boyfriend called me by my name “Amanda” all the meanwhile  one of his friends came forward asking: “Juliet?” and I couldn’t help a little ‘oh s**t’ escape my mouth as my current client hugged his brother, my current ex-boyfriend, whose friend hired me last week. This just got interesting…

© 2014 Patricia Hernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on May 2, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014
Tags: story

Author

Patricia Hernandez
Patricia Hernandez

San Juan, Puerto Rico



About
I am a person, i find myself to be quite interesting and funny, but others might say otherwise. Unfortuantely I am a teenager, which means I'm either too old or too young to do the things I want. I li.. more..

Writing