The Coffee Boy

The Coffee Boy

A Story by Patricia Hernandez
"

A clumsy girl who spends her days at a coffee house, even though she hates coffee.

"

Ever since she moved, her daily routine started and ended here. It was quitter ironic, that every day she went to this coffee house, and she hated coffee. Maybe it was their free Wi-Fi, or their out-of-place British coffee boy, but she spent more time here than in her excuse for an apartment. It had been so far; she sat there, either working or procrastinating. For three months she continued her habitual visits.

“You know… if you’re going to abuse of our free internet, the least you could do is buy some coffee.”

“Nop, the least I could do is nothing. Besides, I don’t like coffee.”

“She said whilst sitting in the coffee house. Lady, the wholly purpose of this store is in its name. Coffee.” The coffee boy was right next to her, completely violating the unspoken rules of social behavior, but she didn’t mind, plus, he smelled like soap and foreign cologne.

“You’re the first person to talk to me since I’ve arrived here. What is it with people and their tendency to be antisocial? You know, I was in an elevator, and I said ‘Good morning’ and nobody replied. The guy in front of me was listening to music with some noise-canceling headphones.” While she blabbered, the coffee boy stretched his arm and flipped the Open sign. “The lady behind me was arguing with someone over the phone. These two ten year olds were playing with their phones and the man taking care of them was texting. That’s when I realized that society is so-” The sign on the door read Closed, and she felt her face getting red. Being the klutz she is, she stood up too quickly and the table almost flipped. “Sorry, I will- I’m gonna. Leave. Sorry” She dropped her phone and when she bent to get it, her head hit the table. “Sor-” Her hair was clinging to her face. While she pulled it back, her hand hit the low- hanging light. “S**t-” It swung hitting the side of her head. “I’m Sorry I bothered you, I- Here, sorry for wasting your Wi-Fi. I’m… I’m-”

“Stop apologizing, love” He laughed. “And please, stay”

© 2014 Patricia Hernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014

Author

Patricia Hernandez
Patricia Hernandez

San Juan, Puerto Rico



About
I am a person, i find myself to be quite interesting and funny, but others might say otherwise. Unfortuantely I am a teenager, which means I'm either too old or too young to do the things I want. I li.. more..

Writing