space

space

A Story by Patrick JL
"

"

So Dad and Pat had brought home an old Junker of a car. I don’t know what they paid for it but whatever it was; it was a bit much. It sat in the yard on its wheels until they dad and Pat rolled it on its side to get at the heavy running gear. It seems they were going to strip this derelict and sell the metal by weight. They would make some cash and slap each other on the back.

 

Kerry was 6 and I was 7 and the car out-aged us both by many many years. But it was complete and in our yard and on its side.

 

This was too much for small boys looking for a day of adventure. We crawled onto its top which was now a side complete with doors. One was opened just enough to allow us entry into what would become our space craft. All day long we flew and did battle for the known universe.

 

At dinner time Mom called us and with a feeling of being a bit trapped we tried to evacuate. The upper hatch door was pushed a bit opened with great effort and Kerry was un-ceremoniously shoved out.

 

When I started out the door or upper hatch slammed shut. Trapping my fingers. As I screamed at Kerry to open the door he was pulling all could. The biggest problem was he was standing on the door trying to open it.

 

Kerry wasa only 6 so go figure.

 

All this took place in 1957 in Spokane, WA. USA. No broken bones needed to be reported and the universe was safe again. Dinner was great! Though eaten with very bad hands.

© 2017 Patrick JL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on May 31, 2017
Last Updated on June 12, 2017

Author

Patrick JL
Patrick JL

PDX, OR



About
I have been tolded I should write. Of course this was by folks, bound by civilization, to baste my ego. They insisted the cyber ether was the place to begin. This seemed as good a place as any to .. more..

Writing
NOTHING NOTHING

A Story by Patrick JL





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5