Math Alert

Math Alert

A Story by Patrick JL
"

"

From the time we crawled out of the green ooze oh so many 10’s of thousands of years ago it took until 1835 for us humans to reach a population of 1 billion.  That’s billion with a “B”.

Assuming your average and the muggers let you live until your 80, your heart would have beat about 3.3 billion times. And yes this includes all those fast times at Ridge Mont High.

Then around 100 years later in 1935 we us-in’s got to 2 billion.  I won’t use the “F” word here but that’s a whole lot of baby making going on!

Somewhere about 1975 we got to 4 billion and while I was a part of that count I don’t claim any part of the planning. Or lack of it. Will the fun never stop? (Thanks Mom and Dad.)

We are now at about 7 billion and still     er        a     “counting.”

I wonder if this human experiment will end up back in the green ooze?

© 2017 Patrick JL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

For clarity. This should only be read by those that give a s**t.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on August 19, 2017
Last Updated on August 19, 2017

Author

Patrick JL
Patrick JL

PDX, OR



About
I have been tolded I should write. Of course this was by folks, bound by civilization, to baste my ego. They insisted the cyber ether was the place to begin. This seemed as good a place as any to .. more..

Writing
NOTHING NOTHING

A Story by Patrick JL