Lilly's chronicle

Lilly's chronicle

A Story by Patsy
"

Part reality, part fiction - Lilly's love life...

"

Lilly’s chronicle


Beginning of December

Lilly is quite proud of herself today. It's still morning, the dishes are washed. It's her day off and she's got the house all to herself. She plans on making herself a great cup of coffee and maybe start a fire; for it's a little bit more chilly at this time of year compared to last year. She makes her way down the stairs, puts down her cup on the computer table with a grin on her face. She starts up the computer, and while it's preparing for internet, starts the fire. In a few minutes she won't feel the cold anymore.

As she sits down at her computer, she logs on her favorite e-mailing site. She's new at this kind of hobby but recently made a new friend. She knows that the red notice will be there. She will have mail. And she's right. She sighs all ready cause it's always a delight to read his e-mail. His choices of words, his beautiful flow through out his texts and his charming compliments have warmed her heart a little more everyday. She would actually not need a fire at this moment to feel warm.

So this e-mail is even more touching than she ever expected. She's starting to have real feelings for this wonderful man. She knows at this moment that she has to answer back with no fear, for she must listen to her heart pounding.

"Cher Robert, (she answers back) ...."

After a few general lines, she takes a deep breath and she writes with no restraint.


(...) If I was 5 hours away by car from you, I would jump in mine right now and call you for instructions. If I was 4 hours away, I'd be a state away or two from you. If I was 3 hours away, I'd be checking my map twice for my next exit would be quite close. If I was two hours away from you, I'd be calling to say I'm almost there. If I was one hour away from you, I'd see the same lights and sky line as you have seen them for quite some time. If I was 1 minute away from you, I'd be coming around the last corner to your street with high anticipation. If I was 30 seconds away from you I'd be knocking at your door with my heart pounding away. And if I was 1 second away from you, I'd see your face for real, for the first time. No hurricane, no army of ten thousand, no God or any of his or her rules could keep me from throwing myself in your arms and kissing you like there's no tomorrow... That's how I really feel about you...



As she takes a deep breath and prepares herself to click on -send message-, the phone rings. She snaps out of her inspiration, back to reality and starts making it up the stairs to get the phone. As she approaches the ringing disturbance, she just decides to let it ring. A tear has appeared in her eye and she hates having to hide her sadness on the phone.

She whispers to herself... - If I was at least 6 hours away from you... by plane ... with maybe a change of plane ... from a different country... and with a lot of arrangements to be able to go there in my situation... -

Those last lines didn't sound very good anymore.



The computer stayed on for the rest of the morning. Lilly went on doing some laundry and watering her dying plants. When she got to pass in front the computer again a little later during the day, she canceled her unsent e-mail. Disappointed that she hadn't been brave enough to have sent it...

To be continued...

© 2008 Patsy


Author's Note

Patsy
I am of French origin so forgive any spelling error - don't hesitate to correct me...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story, you really had me going , I want to know who was on the phone :)). I enjoyed reading this, I was gripped.....dying to know will she won't she send the message. Can't wait for the next part.

Posted 16 Years Ago


What can I say? I love the story line. I had to wonder when the phone rang if it was him calling to say, "Hi, I am headed out the door. Give me directions and I will be there as soon as time permits.". Then I had to wonder if it were her husband. I loved the unanswered phone. It could have been anyone. You can still go anywhere in the world with this. I sit in anticipation to see where it goes.

I am of American origin and I spell like crap because I am a rotten speller. You forgive me and I will forgive you, ok?

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very well written and a excellent start to a great story. Can't wait to read more. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 29, 2008

Author

Patsy
Patsy

Born in Montréal, Canada



About
I write out of inspiration, or when I am shocked by good or bad news... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spider! Spider!

A Poem by Tania Leigh


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain