Lilly's chronicle - 3 -

Lilly's chronicle - 3 -

A Story by Patsy
"

Part reality, part fiction - Lilly's love life...

"


End of the year - time to reflect



Lilly is still on vacation. It's been crazy these last few days. There's been too many partying, too much food and drink... She just wants to be outside today, burn some calories, exercise... She gets dressed in her winter coat, puts on those big Sorel boots and goes for a walk in the country side where she lives. It's about zero Celsius, sunny day, fresh powdered snow on the ground. She breathes in the wonderful fresh air. What a great move she'd made this year moving further north... Away from the city, away from all the noise, the smog in summer, the high stress environment... And away from her ex-lover...

 

Montreal was fun, but now she really needed peace and quiet in her life. So while walking, she decides this is the perfect time to think about this last year. What did she learn, what was painful, what was fun, where is she at?...

So let's see... As she pauses on the bridge where the little creek passes. She stares at the crystal clear water slowly running between the rocks and dead branches... Perfect silence is all around her. Not the kind where you don't here anything at all, just the sound of nature...

 

Soon enough those little chickadees, black head birds, spot her... She should have brought some bread... They're so fearless this time of year and will come directly in your hands to get something to eat. - "Sorry you guys, forgot the bread" - she says to to the three of them... After staring at her for a few seconds, perched in the little tree next to Lilly, they get it... and fly away with their distinctive wavy flight pattern and loud chirp... - "So where was I"... - she thinks out loud...

This year had been quite a big one for Lilly... Passing a few interviews for her permanency, moving, shaky love life, choosing to avoid certain friends... Wow... No wonder she felt so tired recently... - "And I'm 36 now"... - she thinks to herself. Some younger woman she briefly crossed in the recent days had called her a - nice lady - ouch!... That sounded bad...

Lilly felt that she was getting to a point of her life where some younger people think you're just... out of it and old...- They'll see how fast it's gonna be for them too soon enough! - she thinks to herself, with a smile on her face. The thing is, Lilly didn't feel much older than in her twenties... just wiser. She had learn that she was a strong woman, very much in touch with her emotions, with absolutely no need to play games with anybody to get attention or to get her way.

 

She learned this year not to waste any moment with any kind of detours, whether it's about job, family, friends, loved ones ... and possibly future lovers... - I just have to be me - She really knew who she was, what she liked or disliked. She would keep on meeting people and take them as they are, never get upset at people cause they don't think like her... She remembered a phrase of a newly found friend, a wonderful touching man... He barely knew her, yet he could tell her that she was probably the most sensitive, passionate, true person that he had ever met... Wow, that felt good... And he was right... That's who Lilly is - that's who I am... - Stay away or avoid people who will take advantage of you or try to make you look stupid; don't pretend to be a wise-a*s, just - BE -. If you do make mistakes, deal with it, apologize and move on... If you get rejected, that's life...

So as Lilly makes her way back to her little house, she realizes that she has a piece of nature all to herself now... She has about three hundred trees on her lot, she's got access to the little creek in her backyard... She's got little birds and squirrels all around... She has pure water to drink, fresh air to breathe... And she's about 40 minutes from Montreal when she needs action.... She earned all of this.  She deserves it... It's been a good year after all...

 

And then she thinks about her loved ones... - I'm lucky, I love my life. Nothing can scare me now... "Happy new year to me" - she says to herself while going up the stairs to her place... - Mmmm hot chocolate and a nice fire...- And that's what she makes for herself...

 



To be continued...

© 2008 Patsy


Author's Note

Patsy
I'm more French so forgive any spelling mistakes...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love this character... she is wise beyond her 36 years... the story continues and it is excellent ... i cannot wait to read more...

Posted 15 Years Ago


lilly's reflections are true to anyone at the end of the year -- wanting to see where life has brought them. knowing now that she is 36 and feeling a bit distant from the 20-somethings gives a bit more insight into her vulnerability in the romance department, whether lilly recognizes it or not remains to be seen. there are several directions this piece can go in, and now i anxiously await the next one. keep up the good work. i am really enjoying this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Another great installment! I like the way you write, it's very creative. I want hot chocolate now, even if it is about 80 degrees, haha!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


Three hundred trees! And a stream! Ach, where did I go wrong? Living in crowded England the likelihood of the average 36 year old owning even one tree is very low. Lilly seems VERY lucky to have this option to change her life. Time and space to think in a natural setting -- luxury!

All the three chapters I've read of Lilly have proved interesting for different reasons and they have all set set situations up and left me wondering what next? But, so far at least, you have not developed any of the threads. Having said that I am still curious to see where this will go.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2008
Last Updated on April 4, 2008

Author

Patsy
Patsy

Born in Montréal, Canada



About
I write out of inspiration, or when I am shocked by good or bad news... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..