Whats God Got To Do  Got To Do With It?

Whats God Got To Do Got To Do With It?

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

God's got a bad rep.. I am no one of consequence , i don't have the answers or cures Nor am I a philosopher I just thought i would write this I defend everyone who deserves a chance , why not God?

"
" What if God was one of us, just a slob like one of us".. lyrics by Joan Osborne.
Have you heard this song? If you are a believer does it offend you? As for me, it doesn't. Jesus walked miles had no money and I am sure he was not always a sharp dressed man..

Once upon a time God was one of us and walked the country side spreading love
and peace, healing the sick.. him and the sick''s  faith You have to have faith in everything for it to work.  No, I wasn't there I read about in the Bible. Is the Bible true? I don't take everything written in the Bible literally. I like reading the red print, these are the words of Jesus Christ of Nazareth a carpenter by trade as a young man.A 'fisher of men' during his last years. If you like metaphors you would like reading his words. He talked in parables. My reason for writing this is to say God is love, he is real for me. He  is not to blame for all the troubles and woes in this world. He gives us ' free will. I do what is right or I do what is wrong.

Reading Daniel and Revelations and many other books in the Bible give me cause to belief what it says as the prophesies are coming to pass. And yes, I do believe an Anti-Christ will be here soon. When I hear of a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine I know it will last six years then he will show himself .

Many of the evangelists of today have given God a bad rep. Pat Robertson says some ignorant and outlandish things. Others are in it for money. Many abuse their 'power ' using for wrong doings. No wonder so many of today's youth feel as they do. They hear this and that. Family has fallen apart. Children, many are left to fend for themselves at young ages. No school prayer. No praying at schools before meals. America is throwing God aside and he is not happy.America is not the country she once was in my opinion because of it. I don't blame him for any of my problems. I cause them. I believe prayer works if I persevere and have faith.

I don't know about organized religion-I have my own relationship with God and wherever two or more are gathered in his name he is there. So my neighbor and I could have 'Church'.

This is just a little thing I decided to write  to say, " Hey God, you're alright by me."
Please express your opinion if you read this. I do not judge or criticize anyone's beliefs or non-beliefs. We all have free will and choose our own path. And I respect that and you. If I I am now uncool...so be it.

Peace and love to all -



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


© 2012 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
Sorry about the song being gone- it was What if God Was One of Us by Joan Osbourne,

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Poor God get the blame for all things that go wrong. I believe in the free will system. We have been twisted up by liar and un-true stories. The good people of this world must gather and demand peace. Till we wise up. The free will we were given is in the hands of greedy men interested in business and self wealth. I like the poem/Blog. Made me think.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! I am familiar with that song, yep:) This is powerful friend, I love your style! xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chloe - this is cool strong stuff. You are a cool strong lady I can tell.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Did you read my mind? There is a vast difference between relationship and religion. Many religions tend to have a list of rules and regulations meant to control and basically earn our way to heaven. Too often ministers...especially TV ones...tend to preach a message of hate and judgement along with their own ideas as to what God wants or accepts.

I believe in a loving Father who doesn't expect us to be perfect but just to love one another and ourselves. (Love your neighbor AS yourself). And too often we don't love ourselves, so how can we love others we can see or God whom we can't see here? I believe we must each seek a relationship with God....by whatever name we choose to call Him. We were created as individuals and I believe we must each follow our own path of love.

Thanks for sharing this! Great job on standing up for what you believe. I really admire it and you, my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful Write full of Faith.

Jesus walked as one of us. Suffered for the sins of an unworthy world, and His Spirit lives in every repented heart. Jesus came to set the captives free.



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Poor God get the blame for all things that go wrong. I believe in the free will system. We have been twisted up by liar and un-true stories. The good people of this world must gather and demand peace. Till we wise up. The free will we were given is in the hands of greedy men interested in business and self wealth. I like the poem/Blog. Made me think.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1008 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2012
Tags: God, Religion

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan