Life Is Like A Wheel

Life Is Like A Wheel

A Story by Pauline Kate Hunter
"

AM Group Limited is proud to host this group and provide users with multiple resources to facilitate sharing ideas for greater good of humanity. They have a preponderance of citizens from South

"



I was raised as a City girl, where life’s phase moves and develops fast, where people are very busy with their own concerns and having many industries and relatively few poor people who are unable to buy the things they need.
Being the youngest in our family, I never really experienced the struggles in our life, which made me happy. I never saw how my parents labored to put our family to where it is now. Having all the luxuries I am privileged , as the youngest, I didn’t put any great effort to have what I want.

Although, I am fortunate in life, my family especially my parents never forgot to remind and teach us humbleness and being able to help those who are in need. They thought us, to be appreciative of the blessings we have, and we must learn how to share it to others. Because life is a like a wheel, sometimes you are well-off and sometimes it is the other way around. My parents constantly reminded us, that being rich, is not about how much you have; but how much you give. Somehow when you give, you’ll be happier.

My inspiring story began when I became the wife of a Carpenter, common to the knowledge of everyone, material blessings was not included in our life. From the city, when my husband has no construction work, we are very active in our church duties. One time we were assigned to different rural areas, some in remote areas to spread the words of God, and to introduce faith to the people.

My life had a 360 degrees turn, I had to do all the chores by myself, and all the privileged I had when I was young, were no longer available. This life was my choice, and I believed God has His reasons. I have no regrets, despite all my physical and sometimes psychological hardships, I have piece of mind. The inner joy I have, cannot be equal to any amount of money.

Being unfamiliar with this simple life, I had to be wise and be very frugal with what I have. To be able to have enough and make ends meet. I had to be thrifty, when buying our necessities, especially food.

I love to go to the market, for me, it is my time to relax, I feel like I am privileged again, because I am able to choose what vegetables I like, fruits to buy and if the budget permits, I am able to buy meat and fish. The market place, where people gather, the noise of the vendors convincing the buyers of how good their product is, energizes me. And when I am able to buy what I want at my own asking price, I get the feeling of fulfillment.
But since I am in a rural area, the vendors are really not business men or women, most of the time, the products they are selling are their own crops, and had to travel a distance from a mountain or even cross the rivers just to get to the market. At the market, they lay their products on top of a cloth or a sack and put it on the floor. So, imagine me, while I am buying in the market, and bargaining, I have to bend my knees and sit, to be able to choose what I want, which is not a big deal for me because I really enjoy it.

One time, my brother and I had a chance to say our regards to each other. He told me he had recently joined a group called IAM Group limited (Ltd.), Yokohama, Japan, that helps in fighting poverty. Joining this group made him aware that so many people are slaves of poverty, and there are so many things we can do to help them.

I also proudly shared to him my experiences, and when I told him how I bargain when I go to the market, he said to me, not to anymore bargain the price of the produce of the vendors. Since, they come a long way and they don’t earn that much, in my heart and mind, I know that is the case, but the feeling of being able to get what I want at the price I want, makes me happy. But it made me realize, that my brother is correct and I felt ashamed, I also remembered what my father taught us, that being rich, is not about how much you have; but how much you give.

Somehow when you give, you’ll be happier. Since then, I never bargained any of the produce I buy from the farmers in the market, with a smile in my face and in my heart, I say thank you, for the healthy and nutritious foods that I am able to serve to my family. I feel glad now, although I am not bargaining anymore, but seeing the face and smile of the vendors when I don’t bargain and immediately agree to their selling price, makes me happier.

IAM Group Limited, Yokohama, Japan is a loose group of Christians worldwide with the idea of bringing back basic giving and sharing. Joining any similar group will create awareness of simply educating everyone in need to eliminate causes poverty. They welcome all contributors from anywhere in the world.

© 2014 Pauline Kate Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate the view of the writer to help poor. It is also praise worthy the ability of handling the tough situation. But I little disagree with the opinion of the writer for not bargaining with the vendors. It is true vendors are poor. They need help and sympathy. We have to bargain with them sympathetically when needed to train them as a good businessman as bargaining is an integral part of business. If we readily meet their demand then they will be downgraded to the class of beggar instead of elevating to the respectable level in the society. Not only that if they enjoy privilege this way then they would be greedy and corrupted which is more dangerous than their poverty.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

969 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014
Tags: LifeIsLikeAWheel, IAMGroupLimited