The Average Teenage Ideal of Love Gone Wrong.

The Average Teenage Ideal of Love Gone Wrong.

A Story by Rachael
"

More of a rant meets a theory sort of thing. Been a while since I actually wrote anything worthwhile...

"
"There's no feeling like wiping the dust away from an old love letter. Nothing quite as bitter, nor as sweet."

The love of ignorant children is always quick to come, and quick to leave. However, you and I were supposed to be different. Of course, as ignorant as I was, I believed every lie that freely flowed from your luscious lips, like a river of insipid poison always smothering me and pulling me into the depths of a false love. Ironic, isn't it? That now you would chose another over myself. The exact thing you've sworn against for so many years. You said you could never gain the strength to love another. I'm not completely innocent, either. I've dirtied my hands with others despite promises made. We had our ups, and very rarely our downs, but wasn't that supposed to be what made us perfect for one another? Sharing every detail of our lives, we supported each other in everything. Promises mean nothing to me anymore, this is one heartbreak I've been dealing with for years. You pulled me out of my depression and helped me see a true glimmer of hope. Now you've practically dragged me back in, violently trashing my tender emotions upon the rocks. Every single sweet moment we held became an empty void, and I've been forced to forget, or suffer in remembering. I've tried to tell myself many times that I've become a better and stronger person, but once you break through my shell you'll discover I'm still just fragile as I've ever been. I wish I could be like you, moving on without a care in the world. As though the years we shared never existed, as if I never played a role in making you who you were. We were once as close as two people could possibly be. Be it nicknames, cute love letters, poems, kisses, hugs, stories, we had them all, and you're willing to throw them all to the wind in hopes of something seemingly sweeter. It makes me hate you! Oh, my emotions begin to boil in jealousy and anger at the very thought of you! But then, I read through the very first letters we ever exchanged and I fight my tear ducts to the death in an attempt to hide my true weakness. The fact is, I don't want to show it but I still love you. No matter what you do to me, I refuse to forget. And if by any chance you ever stumble upon this piece of miserable writing, you'll know who you are. This isn't my form of begging for you to be back in my possession, because I know that would never work. It's simply my way of showing you how distraught I am without you. I'm not desperate or hopeless in the absence of you, but I hope on everything that I am that you're feeling this pain somewhere out there, too.

© 2010 Rachael


Author's Note

Rachael
Could have been longer, but I just wasn't into editing it. I like this piece just the way it is. By the way, I came up with the quote myself, I just felt it would work better if I started it with a classy quote. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you. I understand what you're going through, and here's to hoping it'll end up alright. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it it's really good and makes me look back at something that happened to me...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010

Author

Rachael
Rachael

Jamestown, NY



About
After every extraordinary experience I've had, I'm finding now that I'm just an average high school student. My eyes have seen hurtful, saddening, and cheerful things for nearly 17 years now. I'm much.. more..

Writing
I miss this. I miss this.

A Story by Rachael