Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Brandon



            In an era of darkness and destruction, when the land was spoiled by creatures of the night, four young brothers from one of the many tribes of Ohria stood proudly against all that is evil. What started out as brothers seeking revenge for their dead family turned into a small militia; then into a massive army ready to plunge their dark enemies into the whence they came. Though very young, the brothers lead this army in every clash against the growling, gruesome and destructive creatures that sought out to destroy everything they loved and cherished. Many had died but with every fading sun and bloody night the united tribes grew more and more prosperous. Orcs, Goblins and Trolls lay slain under the heavy metal of man’s triumph. Dark and red blood stained the green grass and the moldable brown dirt that carpeted the rumbling earth. The few blood crazed creatures left fled to the either the deserts or the nearby Kranal Mountains in fear of an inevitable demise.
            Every man, woman and child ran through the fields of bodies; setting the creatures aflame while they sang and dance from songs of triumph. The older males of every tribe gathered in one large mass and drank from their ales and bellowed into the night sky stories made into songs of war and battle. For the first time in hundreds of years man was released from the bleeding grip of the vile creatures from under the darkened earth. Their children could now make families without the worries of a raid or pillage. Lovers could mold together under the night sky without the fear of rape and slaughter. Man could now unite together under their glory and monument their prideful history without fear of their memories being defaced and defiled. This was a very proud moment for the tribes of Ohria and they had the four brothers to thank for it.
            The four brothers never swayed in their campaign against the evil that terrorized their kind. They stood proud and unyielding against the tyrants of the dark if not for themselves for the lives of the very people who danced amongst them. While the tribes celebrated; the leaders of the tribes came together to discuss their now prominent future. They unanimously agreed that they should unite under one kingdom but not one king. The leaders agreed the brothers that united them against the dark should lead this new kingdom and they should call it Ohria after the land it was triumphed over and so it was. The kingdom was divided into four parts of which each brother would govern on their own.
            As a representation of their new leadership each brother was given a magically enchanted weapon created by none other then the very ancient sorcerer Sazaar RuHein. A helm was given to Saxton the lord of the north, a breast plate to Reimis the lord of the south, a shield to Yogan the lord of the east and a sword to Mockrin the lord of the west. None other then Sazaar knew of the unimaginable power all four items would possess if brought together under one wielder but to no fault of his own one would discover this secret. Lord Mockrin was envious of this power and brought the concept to his brothers. The brothers refused the idea and mocked their brother for even considering such a treacherous dream. Mockrin quickly grew angry with his brothers and secretly formed an army to rise against his brothers and steal the items for his own. All four brothers came together once again in great battle and Mockrin’s army couldn’t prove fatal enough against the might of the other three. Soon only Mockrin and a few of his elite soldiers were left standing. Though such a very small group they could not be thwarted from their position so the brothers consulted Sazaar for assistance. Sazaar helped the brothers trick Mockrin into accepting an amulet as a peace offering but little did he know the power behind it. Upon holding the amulet Sazaar removed Mockrin’s soul from his body and the amulet absorbed it; banishing him into the realm of the damned. Since that day Ohria has stood divided once again and an evil death begins to breathe once more.



© 2011 Brandon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Already amazing foundation, Brandon! Very interesting, I want to know more. I will certainly be reading on . . .

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2008
Last Updated on July 23, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Brandon
Brandon

Columbia, MO



About
I am a 26 year old male out of Columbia Missouri. I've been writing and dabbling amongst other creative outlets since I was very little. Fantasy is my area of expertise but I also enjoy horror and sci.. more..

Writing