Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Brandon

                                               Prologue



            Where dreams seem real and time doesn’t exist a slave stands over his dead master. Tre’Horlan, one of many Titans enslaved to the service of the Gods, stands over the body of the High God Ruffnar the Keeper of the Balance.  Breathing deeply and encumbered from huge gaping wounds Tre’Horlan stood over his defeated master with a pride he had never before felt. The Titan’s completely shaved head shimmered in the light with the smeared blood upon it. The long, blonde and braided beard that hung only from his chin was now matted and contorted from the battle that ensued. His thick, silver battle armor barely prevented, and didn’t in some areas, the blood from staining his snow white tunic. The thick and dark red blood poured off of his massive sword like a gentle river off of a canyon. Excitement and confusion began running through his mind like tiny sparks of energy through his brain. Excitement that he managed to defeat what was believed to be undefeatable but confusion for what was he to do now? The one thing that kept him and his peers enslaved was now destroyed. Freedom was theirs but so would be death once the other Gods caught wind of this abomination. He knew deep inside they would now have to keep fighting if they were to survive. His companions stood around him in complete awe. If he ever had a chance to seize the moment and gain their trust enough to lead them into war now was it.
            “My brothers, I have slain that which would keep us in chains! They told us they could not die and that we could never win against their strength; yet here one lies with no life left in him! TO SUFFER UNDER THEM WE WILL NO LONGER! I bid you my friends, my family, fight along my side and help me free our people! Let us be the rulers of this world and this time! They will doubt us and they will laugh in our face but now let the ground shake and skies darken as we’ll proudly roar from every mountainside…WE…ARE…TITANS!” roared Tre’Horlan as he lifted his bloody sword into the air and the explosion of Titan excitement exploded around them. Battle horns began bursting like cannons as the drums of war began pounding through the wind like the thunderous march of the Apocalypse. Weapons of great destruction began swinging around the Titan’s heads and clenched fists found their way towards the sky. This was a proud moment for the Titans for now they fought for their own cause rather then because they were ordered to; and who better to lead them then Tre’Horlan the General of the Titan Army. Tre’Horlan resumed to tending to his wounds, using powerful healing magick to attempt their recovery, when one of his Captains approached him.
            “My lord, this is surely a mighty victory for us all, but how do you intend on defeating all the Gods? Once they have heard about this heresy they will form together and annihilate us all” worried the Titan Captain. The General did nothing at first to even show he had even heard his companion. Deep inside he knew the Captain was right but there had to be a way around it. Quickly he raised his head, now showing signs of deep inquisition, and he rested a mighty hand upon his Captain’s shoulder to speak softly towards him.
            “Then I will distract them as we thrust our weapons into their gullet. You see, the Gods are partial to their putrid creations of the earth. Heavenly politics cease completely when one of their pathetic races is in danger” growled Tre’Horlan. He turned his head momentarily towards the fallen God and pulled off what seemed like a chained orb from around his victim’s neck. “So we will unleash a foe upon their precious pets that the world hasn’t seen in quite some time” snickered the Titan General. The two Titans laughed proudly for a minute and then joined their peers in the blood induced celebration.



© 2009 Brandon


Author's Note

Brandon

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on June 23, 2009


Author

Brandon
Brandon

Columbia, MO



About
I am a 26 year old male out of Columbia Missouri. I've been writing and dabbling amongst other creative outlets since I was very little. Fantasy is my area of expertise but I also enjoy horror and sci.. more..

Writing