Protect and Serve

Protect and Serve

A Poem by Mr. Deft Diction

Lock in and take your weapon off of safety....

run up on an innocent vic and ask them

what have you done lately?

Flashing metallic credentials at the usual suspects,

which they suspect won't be a problem if

he was to meet his untimely death.

Even if they blow the life out of his fiancee's breath.

Even if harm was happening on the right,

they wanted to shoot left.

Even an innocent man in the wrong place can be

too much responsiblity for another man to accept.

Right?

So, lock in and take your weapon off of safety....

instead of fifty, it would've been a hundered shots, maybe.

Vigilante-style,

is that a pistol he's reaching for?

Maybe.

Raise your piece and FIRE!

FIRE AWAY!

Three men versus a back-up call,

and fire away is the first thing they say....

then spit on a soul newly seperated by

excusing deadly force as consequences of a

thugs actions.

What happens when those actions are just

those of a regular guy?

What happens now that they took another life?

They just pop the badge back on,

holster their pistols

and talk more s**t.

Even though the testimony was non-descript,

they still remembered they were the victims.

I guess serving a man with fifty shots is better than

them doing the paperwork

and hauling us off to prison.

Another taunting victory goes to....

the NYPD.

© 2008 Mr. Deft Diction


Author's Note

Mr. Deft Diction
Remember the story a year or so ago about a man named Sean Bell, who was killed by police after leaving his own bachelor party, early on the morning of his wedding day? Three men tried, three acquitted. You tell me who should have guns.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah man, I got to tell you, this was off the chain. I really liked it. The cops say they don't profile. They will pull you over for wearing a cowboy hat cause they think you might be a Mexican. And everybody knows that Mexicans drive around high and illegal right? Its that kind of crap that makes cop haters. They are all on the take anyway and crooked as the crimals they claim to be protecting the public from. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah man, I got to tell you, this was off the chain. I really liked it. The cops say they don't profile. They will pull you over for wearing a cowboy hat cause they think you might be a Mexican. And everybody knows that Mexicans drive around high and illegal right? Its that kind of crap that makes cop haters. They are all on the take anyway and crooked as the crimals they claim to be protecting the public from. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that was intense. Should be featured in an article or magaizine or book on this situation. Anyway, I udnerstand, I don't like police at times either, I agree with what you have to stay. But personally, I would hate to be a cop. I always thought it would be nice to be honored because of your uniform and gun, but I had a friend who was a cop for fifteen years, he said it was the worse job ever. And when he had to shoot a man high on drugs, ready to kill him, he was the one off the force. I guess in this situation it is different, who knows why? Thank you again, for a good read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No surprise there ....
The police...need only say " I feared for my life"...and they are "WALKING"
and...I'm not talkin' the green-mile.
A private citizen....can never get away with "fearing for their life" as justifiable reason to shoot a gun ....nor will it EVER vindicate them in a fatal shooting.

I cant help but think back on the "Diallo" case....( 41 shots on that one )or that guy that was ssexually abused in a NYC precint bathroom.....who was an innocent immigrant who spoke no English.

the number of shots is just ....excessive deadly force gone haywire....!!! after a few shots...and seeing these cats had NO weapons...why the heck...keep pumpin' shots off like youre firing back at 10 people??
No matter what the case.... the police were never fired upon !!!! So whats up with that ????
Like Diallo......had his back to the officers...and hands up in the air with a wallet in it !!!!!!!!!!
( I wrote him into my poem "Restoing Of Kings" )

Or "Malik Jones" ....a young man here in Connecticut ....killed ...( I believe he was shot around 20-30 times) ( had NO weapon) ...the officer ....NEVER did a day in jail. His mother ( powerful woman and voice...yet fights that war )

Never mind all the Hurricane Carters....and Mummamis ..
( theres a guy who goes to my church who my pastor ministered to regularly in his prison ministry....he was released after servig 27 years by DNA evidence..for a rape he NEVER commited !! But hes not....Bitter...Broken...or mad...the mans been touched by God... for real...amazing man.I think he got some millions on that ...but for real not a bit of anger in him.

It just makes me sick... something about "lifetime-apppointment" of supreme court judges.
not unlike "tenure" of teachers in the public school system....it makes incompetant teachers immpossible to get rid of....
likewise ....these judges are in the back pocket of city & state officials... district attorneys ....etc anywhere the money flows like milk n' honey.

( sidenote: a strip-club is a bad choice for a place to start the covenant of marriage)

sorry so long....



Blessssssssssssssssssssssss




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

in face of a 50 shot shooting i dont know. no opinion only a judge's decision nothing clouded by emotion. should it been a jury with the clouds of emotion i dont know. was it law i dont know. many dont know the whole truth. now that this is over maybe now a suit of wrongful death charges. civil case.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah, I saw this in the NY Post and it was headline today about the acquittal.
The man shoulda been gettin sized and suited for his tux not his coffin. Unarmed
and this is a good write about it
'Is that a pistol he's reaching for?
Maybe.
Raise your piece and FIRE!' Powerfull lines
It only takes one disgruntled, racist bigot cop to get it started and the rest fall
in line it seems and the cover-ups mock our intelligence. Like they think
we don't know. Nice write, way to step up and speak out and educate.

J.P.O.et



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My throat is thick and I can't swallow. This packs such a punch that I am breathless. Mechanically, your delivery is flawless and your imagery is impeccable. Thoughtfully, I am truly ignorant to many things of this world. Including how such atrocities can take place.

Judgement for any reason is a crime against humanity. I do hope you didn't know this man for the sake of your own heart, but then again I don't know this man and my heart is broken. I'm so sorry...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!! I have to agree with this.
You got your point across very clearly. That was nicely done and showed much heart for the innocent- The defenseless!
Great Job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2008
Last Updated on April 25, 2008

Author

Mr. Deft Diction
Mr. Deft Diction

Morrisville, NC



About
“HI, BABY! HOW ARE YOU?” KAYLEE RAN FULL SPEED INTO A CROUCHED AUNT TABITHA, KICKING A LITTLE WIND OUT OF HER AMPLE FRAME. AUNT TABITHA IS MATTHEW’S STEP-SISTER, AFTER THEIR PARENTS.. more..

Writing