Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Periastron317
"

Some stuff about me and what I'm doing.

"

The story I've started here is set in the future, and based in our shared history. The fall of the Roman Empire is a fascinating story that has gotten a lot of media attention. I've always been equally fascinated by the thought of what happened next. What did it feel like to be a member of the Roman military, stationed in far off Britain, when the supplies stopped coming? What about the child of that soldier, seeing the remnants of where they came from? The dark ages are what this story is really about.

In this world, there was once a thriving empire across the stars, connected by wormholes. Like all empires, it didn't last. The old civilization left remnants, such as stable Gateways connecting some groups of star systems, ships with fantastic technologies that can no longer be made and legends of when things were brighter. And as has happened many times before, in this world people will try to rebuild that glory.

The style I'm going with was inspired largely by the Saxon Chronicles, which I highly recommend.

Now about me. I'm a physicist who loves space and occasionally works in it as an industry. In high school I wrote sometimes, and was told that I was good at it. That was over a decade ago, and I never tried real creative writing since. But I've been thinking about it.

As of now I have one two page introduction. There will, over time, be more, and what's there will change. I'm doing my work publicly because I think it will help keep me accountable. I hope you enjoy watching this journey get started.



© 2018 Periastron317


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on May 10, 2018
Last Updated on May 10, 2018