Dream State Chapter 1

Dream State Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tsi
"

The first chapter of Dream State. Again, I know its not good.

"

       Chapter 1
 "The gunshots broke the silence. My footsteps crunched on the hard leaves that had fallen to the ground. I started running faster, unseeing, not exactly sure where the bullets were coming from. I fell to the ground, crawling throught the barrage around me, incredulous that I wasn't dead. I felt a single shot peirce my arm. The blood pooled as I grabbed my arm, crying out in pain. Another shot in my back. Then my leg. writhing and screaming in agony, I could no longer move. I saw him stand over me. I saw him aim the gun. Then I couldn't see anything but blood until I fell asleep. A sleep from which I would never awake." she finished, looking up at her friends. "How was it?"
 "Liv..." Lexa began "I think that was the best thing you've ever written!"
 "Okay, Lex, you say that about every story I write. Pick a favorite already." She laughed.
 The fifth period bell rang and they all stood up to go to lunch.
 "Not so fast, girls." they turned to look at Mr. Bixlen "What was more interesting than my lesson today, huh?"
 'Everything. Anything' "Nothing she quickly replied. 'Damn language arts teachers. Do they REALLY have to hear everything?' she thought.
 "You may go. I don't want to have to talk to you four again." They all shuffled out of the room.
 "Jesus, he should be a teacher on how to waste my time." Angie laughed. The rest of the schoolday passed without event.
       ~*~
 When she walked into her house that afternoon, no one was home. She stepped up her old steps, hearing them creak beneath her sneakers. She walked into her room and turned on the TV. She flipped through the channels, finding mothing that peaked interest. She grabbed her book and layed down on her bed to read. After about a half hour, She began to yawn and closed her book. She shut her already incredibly heavy eyelids.
       ~*~

 When she opened her eyes, she still couldn't hear anyone around. The lights flickered for a moment; then went out.
 "Another blackout?" she yelled. "Ugh." she climbed out of bed, still feeling asleep. Grabbing a flashlight, she trudged down the steps to the kitchen. After tripping on a few things, she reached the basement door. The tacky crystal doorknob glimmered slightly under the dimming light of her flashlight. She coud tell it was about to die. She turned the doorknob and pushed. Nothing. She tried again. Nothing."Open, damn you!"  She clutched the doorknob with both hands, flashlight in her mouth and foot ready to kick it open. When suddenly it burst open like a storm door in a gust of wind.
 "Wha-" a crash broke her confused exclaimation. A crash from downstairs. "Must've been knocked over when the door opened." she laughed nervously. "But how the hell did the door open..." she muttered breathily.She started to walk down the steps against the voicee that was screaming in her head. 'No! Turn around,  NOW! Do it! Just turn and bolt!' The flashlight barely helped anymore. Suddenly a hand grabbed her by the leg.
 Her eyes shot open and she sat straight up in bed. Breathily heavily, she stood up to go take a shower. When she heard a tap at her window.



© 2010 Tsi


Author's Note

Tsi
Ignore mah typos

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010


Author

Tsi
Tsi

Writing
Human? Human?

A Poem by Tsi


Dream State Dream State

A Book by Tsi