My world

My world

A Story by Ellusive Rose
"

Forbidden Love.

"

"Cecilia!" called my eldest brother Aidan from across the meadow. I watched him walk towards me, while sitting in a circle of flowers that we had planted in spring of last year. He stood in front of me wearing the traditional clothing for a prince of the kingdom of Merringaurd. His appearence was important for he was next in line to be king.

 

"Good morning brother." I said as I collected the flowers that I picked off the ground. "I picked these for you today..." I handed him the assorment of daisys, tulips, and roses of all colors, "They a little wet from the rain of yesterday though....." Aidan was shocked and put his head down for moment. I wonder if I did anything wrong, maybe I should check to see if he's alright. I crawled over to him trying to peek at his face. Then in a quick movement, he grabbed my hand and pulled me against his muscular chest. What's wrong with him? Is he sick or something? Yes, it's true that this is very strange, but I can't help but smile and blush at the same time. What is this feeling deep down in my heart? The feeling of pulling him closer to my body? It's probably nothing....I hope...

 

"Don't do things like that...." he said gently as he burried his head in my medium brown hair. Eyes closed, he hugged me tighter causing me to blush even harder. My heart is beating so fast. It feels like it will jump out of my chest and run away. Just what is happening to me? Aidan mumbled something in my hair, but I couldn't hear it. I looked up with big brown eyes only to catch a gentle stare from his light brown ones. His eyes are really beautiful. It's like the color of my favorite candy, a milk chocolate lollipop. I don't know why, I just always liked them. The wind blew causing the flower petals to dance around, like little ballerina's. Another gust of wind blew causing them to fly away, but two we're left dancing their solo. Their choice of dance was similar to a par de deux. My hair blew wildly with the wind and with effort, I tried to kept from hittting me in the face, so I can watch the par de deux with ease, but to know avail. God's messager was on it's way again to do the job it was sent to do, but not without leaving me with my hair tangled and floppy. Aidan chuckled a little bit as he saw me trying to erase the damage, strand by strand.

 

"So you think this is funny?!" I growled at him. The nerve of him to laugh at me! This wasn't funny at all. I stood there trying my best to get it untangled. It wasn't working. I've had enough of this. I let out a loud sigh and put my hands at my sides. I looked at him, expecting to see him laughing still, but he wasn't. He just looked at me with eyes filled with an emotion, an emotion that is unknown to me, and smiled. What is that expression? I've seen him do it a few times, but I still don't get it. Stranger still, he only shares this look with me. He walked over to me and I looked at him confused about what he was going to do next.

 

"I always told you to tie back your hair...." he said. This caught me for a loop. I never heard him tell me that......Okay maybe a few times, but why do I have to do what he says? From his pocket, he took out a long red ribbon. Red.....my favorite color, always had been. Not even the King, Queen, or my brother Chase knew about that, but they never did care about things when it came to me. He tied my hair back with the ribbon. I blushed when he was close to me. There's that feeling again. He smells so good. It's smells like lavender like the ones at the other side of the forest. Has he been there? At Caleb's meadow? I moved in closer to get a better smell. It definetley smells like lavender though. Then I stopped myself. Why am I smelling him and what business do I have to do so? Then Aidan took a step back and stared at me. He smiled. "Do you like it?" I felt the ribbon at the back of my hair. It's a good size and it's red!

 

"Yeah I like it alot!" I said excitedly and spun around to find that none of my hair flew into my face. Not a strand was misplaced. I stopped and stared at Aidan. There's that same expression again. What is that emotion? I want to know so badly. What are you thinking Aidan? Aidan looked to the east, the direction of the castle. He turned back to me in an instant. I guess it's time to go home. He grabbed my hand and we started walking to the direction of the castle. I blushed, but why am I blushing?

 

At the castle

 

"Father we are here." Aidan said as he entered the King's chamber. Inside was Father( the king), Mother (The queen), and brother Chase( the second prince). Around we're a few servants and guards who were granted the permission to attend this discussion. To my surprise, my friend Genevieve, a servant of the castle was here as well. As me and Aidan walked in, I flashed a smile and shrug in her direction. I did this in hopes that she knew what was going on. Apparently she didn't because she just returned the gesture. Aidan pulled out a chair for me, I sat down, then he sat in the chair next to me. The King motioned for the door to be sealed shut. A guard and servant did just that. I knew those two. The son and daughter of a guard and servant who worked here years ago, before I was even born. The King cleared his throat before he began.

 

"My children..." he started in a loud voice, making sure that all of us can hear, "Tomorrow will be a big day for you. Tomorrow is the day, you will meet your betrothed." Wait, wait did he just say betrothed? Like as in fiance and marriage? I think he did. Hoo boy....

 

"What do you mean betrothed?" Chase said in a very calm but stern matter. I looked him over. He wore the same garments as Aidan, except they we're smaller. Chase is only 16 years old and is not as muscular as Aidan, Aidan is 17 being the oldest, and me well, I'm 15, the last born and I'm female, so don't look forward to me ruling this kingdom. All eyes went to the king, even those of the guards and servants which i guess if you were to count, were about 20 pairs of eyes. The king cleared his throat again. Is it me or does he need cough drops, a bottle of water, or something?

 

"I mean, the ones you will marry have been chosen for you." he continued, "Tomorrow, a ceremony will be held in honor of you meeting your betrothed." Chase nodded and the King and Queen smiled. Then they looked over at me. I smiled at them, making them feel reassured, but man betrothed? Why don't you just tie me to tree if that's the case. I looked over at Aidan, trying to see his expression. Who knows? Maybe I can get a feel for what he's thinking. To my surprise, Aidan looked annoyed and angry. What's this now? Why is he mad? Then thought of Aidan getting married came to me. He's gonna get married.....ok, but why does that bother me so? I tried to imagine the girl he would marry, but I felt a little pain in my chest. Aidan got up out of his seat and headed for the door. Not even a goodbye? That's so unlike him. The king called out to him.

 

"Aidan!" he called, Aidan turned back to the King, glaring at him. The king glared back, "We'll talk later tonight....." Aidan went out the door and closed it behind him. We all looked on and stared. I wonder what's the matter with him. The king clapped his hands causing us all to look back at him. "This discussion is over. Go and enjoy the rest of the day. Tomorrow is important." We all nodded and everyone exited the room. I stood there, taking in the information. Married....of all the rotten things. I wonder who i'll be married to. I tried to picture it, but why is Aidan coming to mind? I shook my head. I heared footsteps coming toward me. I looked up to see Genevieve standing before me.

 

"Princess Cecilia...." she said bowing to me. I stood up from the chair and put my hands on my hips. Genevieve always looked so pretty. Her long red hair tied back in a pony tail, and her white and gold outfit, really looked good on her. She been my best friend since the day I was born. I smiled at her.

 

"Hey Genevieve!" I said happily and hugged her, "You can call me Cecilia now, no ones watching." Genevieve smiled.

 

"Alright then, Cecilia..." she said happily then started to walk towards the doors, "Do you want to go into town and get some lollipops?" I flashed a grin and nodded. Alright! Milk chocolate lollipops, here I come! I ran after her and walked to the direction of the town.

 

In town

 

"Cecilia wait!" Genevieve called out as she tried to catch up to me. I was running with only one thing in mind, lollipops.... Genevieve was running after me, but she was alot slower than I was. Lollipops....Lollipops...Oh my delicious lollipops~. I was singing through out the whole run. Wait for me lollipops! I don't know what happened. i guess i wasn't paying any attention, but I tripped on my dress and fell flat on my face. Genevieve caught up to me and gasped. "Cecilia! Are you all right?!" I sat up and moaned. Did it look like I was alright? Genevieve came and squatted next to me. I smiled.

 

"I'm alright...." I said. A thought came to me. Maybe it was from the fall, but maybe I can ask Genevieve about that sensation I felt with Aidan. Genevieve helped me up off the ground. I looked at her. Maybe she can help...."Genevieve....I need your help on something...." Genivieve looked at me seriously.

 

"What's the matter?..." she said seriously. I waved my hands. Don't want her to think that it's anything bad.

 

"It's nothing serious." I explained to her, "It's just that I get a weird feeling whenever I'm with my brother, prince Aidan. I just want to be next to him...." Genevieve stared at me, then busted out laughing. I stood there stunned. To think, i was being all cool and serious and she is laughing. What am i? The town jester? I started to walk away from her, when she put a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at her annoyed.

 

"Sorry for laughing." she said with tears in her eyes, probably from the crying. She then looked at me seriously, "Let me guess, you blush when he touches you?" I nodded. Is she psychic or something? She continued, "Do you think about him often?" Once again I nodded. She's good.....She sighed, "One last question....Do you want to hold him?" I nodded again. That's it! She has telepathy! She let out a sigh again and then smiled, "Cecilia.....nothing's wong.....you're just...." Spit it out already would ya?! "You're just....in love, that's all." Wait, what? In love?

 

"With whom?" I asked her in disbelief. She smiled and shook her head. I stood there waiting.

 

"With your brother, Prince Aidan of course!" she said excitedly. My jaw dropped and my face became bright red. Ooh my face is my favorite color....nice. I shook my head. There's no way.....right? But it's starting to make sense. The feeling I've been getting, the blushing, the thoughts, all of it. My face was getting redder. Nice! Genevieve looked at me concenered, "Hey are you alright?" I didn't move, I don't think I'm even breathing. It's hitting me hard, the realization of reality, I'm in love with my brother! Oh boy.....this is bad! First marriage.....now this. What am I going to do? And secondly, does Aidan even love me back?

 

"Hoo boy, hoo boy....." I said pacing back and forth. Genevieve kept up with me, eyeing me carefully. I stopped in front of her. "What am I going to do?!!!" Genevieve put her hand on her chin and started to think. Well can you think any faster?! Genevieve put her fist in her hand.

 

"I got it!' she said. I stood there waitingly for her advice. "Why don't you just embrace it?" I looked at her shocked and began to snap at her.

 

"What do you mean embrace it?!" I snapped her. Calm down.....breathe Cecilia, breathe. Genevieve smiled.

 

"I mean just go along with it." she said non-chalantly, "Nobody has to know, so there won't be any problems right?" As stupid as that sounds, I had to admit she had a point. I let out a sigh and she patted me on the shoulder. "Just go along with the marriage and everything will be fine..." I nodded. I guess i have nothing else to loose. With that we laughed and went off to buy the lollipops. Yum...

 

Later on at midnight

 

"Ugh..." I said grogilly on my bed. I sat up and stared at the wall. I have to use the bathroom.....I got up out of bed and walked out of myroom, with my long night gown flowing behind me. Ugh I shouldn't have eaten those ten lollipops with Genevieve. Two would have been just as satisfying. I walked down the hallway till I reached the bathroom. It might be awhile before I come out.

 

1 Hour Later

 

"That's it no more lollpops.....well at least for two days." I said holding my stomach and stumbling to my room. I looked at the door to the King's chamber. it was open partially and....the light is on! I don't know why, but I guess i was curious, I went over to the door and peeked throught the crack. Wait is that Aidan? What does he want with father? I watched the whole event take place.

 

In the King's chamber

 

"Father please reconsider the marriage!" Aidan said with his fist on the table in front of him. The king glared at him. Aidan flinched.

 

"No....Why should I?" he asked him curiously, "Hazel is a fine princess. You'll love her, i promise." Hazel....So that's his betrothed. My chest was tight, but this time I knew why. Aidan put his head down and everything is silent. Then he came back his eyes with that expression again. The king raised an eyebrow.

 

"i'm already in love with someone else...." he said quietly. That took me aback. My eyes were starting to tear. So he was in love with someone all along.....It was foolish of me to think other wise.... The King got up from his chair and stared at Aidan. Aidan looked at him.

 

"You mean your sister Cecilia." he said sternly. Aidan looked up shcoked and I stood at the door wide eyed. What does he mean me? It's not possible..Well it is possible. Take me for example. My heart skipped a beat as I awaited for Aidan's answer. Aidan looked away from the king.

 

"How did you know?....." he said quietly. I put my hands to my mouth. He does love me.......And I love him.....So can it be possible? The king put his hand on his shoulder. Aidan looked up.

 

"I know lots of things, my son...." he said calmly, "And I know that you will make the right choice. You know that your love for her is forbidden in this kingdom...." My jaw dropped. What do you mean it's forbidden? That can't be! The king walked around the room. "This kingdom looks down on things like that. If you were king and had that love, people would revolt and take power away from us." I started to cry and Aidan was silent. It was a fleeting hope....It can never be....Aidan banged his fist on the table.

 

"Then I will confess my love to her." he said sternly, "And if she returns my love, we shall leave the kingdom and start a new life...." I do love you Aidan and I'm with you all the way. I shall wait for you to say it with your own words. I ran back to my room and closed the door and fell back asleep, waiting for the day to arrive.

 

The Day of the Ceremony

 

"I'm so tired...." I yawned. I guess staying up that late did a number on me. I can't wait though, to hear Aidan's words. There was a knock on my door. I wonder who it is? "Come in!" It was the King.

 

"Cecilia, I have a favor to ask you..." he said closing the door behind him. I looked at him strangely. What does he want?

 

"Yes, what is it father?" I asked him while I brushed my hair in the mirror. The King cleared his throat.

 

"You're brother, Prince Aidan, is going to give you an offer as I'm sure you overheard last night." he said. I stopped brushing my hair. Wait how did he know about this? How did he know I was there? "How I know is of no concern......What I want you to do is decline his offer." I stared at him confused.

 

"Why?...." I managed to say. The King looked at me seriously.

 

"Aidan is going to be king." he started then continued, "I can't let him be detured from this path, by this distraction. This is where I need you to come in and make it right." With that he left the room, leaving me alone to make a decision. I mean, leaving the kingdom is pretty harsh and Aidan doesn't get to be king. All because of me....Well I know what I have to do now....There's another knock at the door.

 

"Come in!" I called and in walks Aidan. I stared at him.

 

"Cecilia, I want to talk to you." he said and led me out of my room.

 

In the meadow

 

"What do you want to tell me brother?" I asked already knowing what he was going to say. He cleared his throat and took a step towards me.

 

"There's something I wanted to tell you for a long time...." he hesitated, he reached for my hair, which had his red ribbon in it. He smiled as I stared into his eyes. "I...." he started then looked away in embarassment. I grabbed his face and turned it to face me.

 

"I....." I continued for him, prompting him to say the words. He held my hands in his own.

 

"I....had been in love with you for a while now." he said with difficulty, "If you love me, will you leave the kingdom and live a new life with me?....." I looked down and he looked down afraid of my answer. Then I ran up and kissed him on the lips, with my hands around his neck and me on tippy toes. He was taken aback, but understood my answer and kissed me back. His hands around my waist, holding me tightly to him. The moment was magical. We pulled away after some time.

 

"Does that answer your question?" I asked smugly. How was I going to abandon the one I love. I know I'm being selfish here, but we all have to be a little selfish sometimes. He gave me that look and this time I understood that emotion. It was love for that special someone. Love for me. He smiled and lifted me up above his head."Whoa!"

 

"Yes, it does!" he said excitedly and with that the both of us left the kingdom to start our new journey.

 

The End.

 

My World

© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm... Yeah. I kind of knew how it was going to end after the first few paragraphs. But other then that... it was sweet. Very sweet. So.. good job writing this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh, I am sorry, but ew.

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwww this one made me smile!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this writing a lot!!!! Please continue writing!

~Weaza~

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2009
Last Updated on July 3, 2009

Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..