Invisible Veil

Invisible Veil

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee
"

If we are exposed to something often enough, our subconscious will recognise the message.

"

Invisible Veil



Translucent tales beguile a lemming populace

Politically spun stories only published to appease

Unaware every ten seconds hidden from view

Another child dies from a hunger related disease


Free will is an illusion of the so called academic

As all are ensnared within geographical bondage

Born culturally into customs and linguistic cells

Subjected to constant state and media jaundice


And if we are exposed to ideologies long enough

Our subconscious becomes susceptible to control

You may think we can ignore scheming information

But our minds register unseen in cerebral pigeonholes


The deception is far greater than you would expect

For at closer examination it is blatantly observable

Only a few hold ownership of the world’s mass media

Spoon feeding their agendas grossly disproportional


Too long have we tolerated this manifested invisible veil

Contentious in its nature and destroying basic morality

Designed only to protect minority self-centred elitists

Time to hold them accountable for this fraudulent banality


Copy @ Phillozofee 2017

© 2017 Phill Oz O'fee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You name it all and call them all out my friend. You are fierce and fearless and powerful. Your relevant, vitriolic rant pierces the skin of the Matrix and makes it bleed fraud. Masterful language and each line brilliant. “Too long” and every day worse. Today we bury more bodies. Do only the poets cry out? Kudos for your poetic artistry and for your important, undeniable statement!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have no words.....my voice is in my awe!! Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

media media media...irresponsible in so many ways...they are supposed to be our eyes and ears...but the have just become legends amongst themselves---and they spin things accordingly.

when i was young, we had Huntley and Brinkley and Walter and Frank Magee....and others, who simply reported the news. They weren't trying to be stars or make it up...
i like this poem and agree with it very much.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You name it all and call them all out my friend. You are fierce and fearless and powerful. Your relevant, vitriolic rant pierces the skin of the Matrix and makes it bleed fraud. Masterful language and each line brilliant. “Too long” and every day worse. Today we bury more bodies. Do only the poets cry out? Kudos for your poetic artistry and for your important, undeniable statement!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Call it systematic brainwashing or even mass hypnosis, many evil regimes in the past attempted to condition their people and today too dictatorships like in North Korea are doing it. But the disturbing thing is that its happening in countries known to be liberal and advanced to a greater or lesser extent and for the benefit of the elitist few, as you so rightly stated here. Thank you for this interesting and thought provoking writeup.

Posted 6 Years Ago


'Only a few hold ownership of the world’s mass media
Spoon feeding their agendas grossly disproportional.. '

Words, phrases used as only a thinker will: opinions, analysis.. used to the nth degree No sermon, no demons, no you will or won't but.. told, shared.. accept or not.

This poem, finely set, is for me, a four pronged signpost at a crossroads.. see where i'm making for.. choose, think, bother, seek.. or turn away. It's how it is, like it or not.. a destination without too much discretion .. or CHOICE. Perhaps.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your insightful review - you have caught the essence of the write perfectly - :-)
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Could have said far more but am apt to race away with words, trying to be concise!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017

Author

Phill Oz O'fee
Phill Oz O'fee

Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I am caught in a time spiral of confusion; that period we all experience between birth and death. Somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, lyricist and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..