Coastal Rambling

Coastal Rambling

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee
"

Getting out ... bliss :-)

"

Coastal Rambling



Oh to breathe

Most deeply

The gorse’s

Sweet aroma scent

And enjoying

Every subtle vibrancy

On a sun-drenched

Bright calm event


For I discovered

There is nothing finer

Than being

On my own

And vigorously

Go just rambling

Along the tranquil

Coastal stones


Observing

Natural equanimity

With a comfy

Pair of boots

I soak up

Creation’s richness

As I transverse

My shoreline route


Thus welcoming

Inner introspection

As I wander

Quietly alone

In smooth

Stride contemplation

Helps me heal

And feel atoned


Copyright @ Phillozofee 2019

© 2019 Phill Oz O'fee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sounds like the perfect day to me. Nothing heals the soul like time spent walking along the seashore. Your words flow so beautifully and wonderfully insync with the photo. I feel a calmness come over me just reading and gazing at both. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Picture is an area along the SW Coast Path (Dorset) - Happy you liked my write - thank you for your .. read more



Reviews

There are some inspirational writers who try to tell us how to reach nirvana, etc. But here you do the "SHOW instead of tell" thing in divine fashion. This is a perfectly-crafted scene of finding one's peaceful place & I am there with you thru the entire journey. This is an excellent message to help people disconnect from the non-stop chaotic BS in the world . . . a perfect message for our times (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

To go off a'ramblin' alone is a divine experience - yes - an escape from the 'BS' - thank you my fri.. read more
As always, each word is so carefully chosen and placed. There is no wasted syllable and as the reader I am carried through each stanza and into the next word by word very fluidly. Each line and choice of line break also brings with it it's own urge to linger(if that makes sense) making the reader pace themselves, not moving through the poem too quickly.
In short, it's fluid yet slow and thoughtful like a leave floating quietly down a stream.

The rhymes are also done very well and unobtrusively.

I love the word choice of “sun-drenched”. It is visually provoking. I am in wonder at your ability to pack lines with meaning like “sweet aroma scent” and “bright calm event”. You know exactly what words to use.

I can't decide if line 6 or 7 is my favorite of stanza 1. They are both fantastic!

The poems use of “rambling” in the second stanza and the title is genius. Not only does it create the visual of one walking(perhaps climbing) over stones, but it also suggests the speaker is in some sort of “rambling” thought(perhaps even out loud ramblings) and gives a much deeper insight than simply traveling along the coast. I also find your use of the word “just” well used. Usually I have a hard time finding the word useful in my own writings, but you used it in a way that enhances the stanza.

Besides line 6 of the second stanza, I would say my favorite line in this stanza is line 2. Something about the simple way it's stated is appealing to me.

The third stanza is I think my favorite because it made me think of walking along a coast myself. “With a comfy/Pair of boots” is my favorite because I can imagine walking in my own boots. The word choice is strong in this stanza, especially with “equanimity”, “soak”, “Creation's”, and “transverse”.

This last stanza is an especially calming ending that kind of makes me as the reader feel tranquil and at peace with the poem as a whole. “Quietly alone” I find to be an intriguing line and “smooth/stride contemplation” is good word choice. The last two lines I really like because this poem reminds me of the wholesome feeling I get when walking along a coast and the idea of healing and atonement is about being whole and at peace. I think it's a great way to end the poem.

I really enjoyed reading and analyzing this poem!



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

My goodness - I am slain with humility at such a complimentary review. Thank you so much for your en.. read more
H L Rose

5 Years Ago

My pleasure😆
Beautiful imagery in your words. This also has a lovely, calming feeling. There might be nothing more peaceful to me than sitting quietly in nature, just observing and breathing in the surrounds.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like the perfect day to me. Nothing heals the soul like time spent walking along the seashore. Your words flow so beautifully and wonderfully insync with the photo. I feel a calmness come over me just reading and gazing at both. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Picture is an area along the SW Coast Path (Dorset) - Happy you liked my write - thank you for your .. read more
The blending of the picture to your painted words are simply beautiful. Your stroll along the waters edge forever showcased for all to see.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Thank you Cherrie - so please you enjoyed my share... :-)
Your posted image is glorious and I love your lines. Walking alone can be exhilarating, brings such freedom. Nothing better for clearing the cobwebs. Beautiful work Phill. A pleasure to read.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Glad you for liking the write and the pic Chris - bless you...:-)
Beautiful photos and good words shared my friend. I need a year near the sea. I enjoyed your description. Thank you Phill for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

I am blessed that the sea is not far from my door .. thanks for sharing your thoughts and review...:.. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Very calm energy from this write. Nicely written. I can really envision myself in that tranquil setting, taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of the ocean. Especially alone, as you mentioned. It's nice to meditate on one's thoughts and feelings.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Thank you Stephanie - it is nice to 'go-it-alone' for a day (or more)! Bless you... :-)
Winderful and i agree nothing better to clear the mind and soul- nature never makes mistakes and no picture it paints is ever the same - nice to also share with someone who appreciates your silence- 🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Many thanks for your review and lovely comments... :-)
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Pleasure Is mine🌹

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 8, 2019
Last Updated on January 8, 2019

Author

Phill Oz O'fee
Phill Oz O'fee

Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I am caught in a time spiral of confusion; that period we all experience between birth and death. Somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, lyricist and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ray Ray

A Poem by Ghost