The Challenge

The Challenge

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee
"

Thoughts of a greater love ...

"

The Challenge




Laws laid down

Before the dawning of insanity,

Keep a divinity of order

Throughout the cosmos.

 

Non dimensional tranquillity

In an eternal quantity,

Where purity itself was cleansed

In unconditional love for all.

 

Inconceivable to imagine

A minuscule rift of chaos,

Would vent such devastation

Through a Man of Clay.

 

Millenniums of tears

To patch this wounded multi-universe,

Fell short of ancient standards

And so, the gauntlet passed to One.

 

The enormity of the challenge

Was an unimaginable concept to the Man of Clay,

Not so to the chosen One

A predestined sacrifice, to restore the balance.

 

Phillozofee @ 2008

© 2017 Phill Oz O'fee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

pretty and nice to read, you now how to write about this again and again, and give us more! but in universe there is no balance; it might be a wishful thought finding it, your man of war is here and there and everywhere maniacally manically minifoldly active. soon there will be a change I believe. and what do you think?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey Phillozofee. Thanks for the invite to read.

A bit too esoteric for me. I find: divinity of order, the of a bit odd.

The message I get, and this is just my take, Man, temporal beings, are screwed up (out of balance) and can't save ourselves, needing the the chosen One to restore balance

::yawn::

I rarely comment on the theology preached in poems, but I'm in a mood.

Just maybe unconditional love isn't something that rains down on humanity from the tears of some sky fairy. Maybe, like Mary said in the Gospel of Mary Madeline, the realm of God is within all humanity, and it's up to humanity to bring it forth. Maybe unconditional love isn't divine at all, but merely a choice we can make just by making it.

I do like the term, Man of Clay which calls back, of course, to the man fashioned by God after the first human beings he made ran amok and had to be destroyed. Implied in the story, of course, is God had to smite all the women He made as He made Adam, then making the more obedient model not raised from the mud, sparked with breath of God, but pulled literally from the body of Adam, not unlike Athena sprang from Zeus, to never be a true equal.

I do go on, huh?

Nice poem. Make a great day, unless you have other plans.



Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Deep as always Phill, but oh so thought provoking...The man of clay and the prophesied sacrifice of Jesus are both references from the book of Daniel. I find this piece a little puzzling and I am requesting an explanation of text (please)
You write in parables and trying to decipher them is a challenge in itself, not sure if that is a good thing or not when you are writing for others. The audience you are aiming for does not dwell here, I believe your targets are more by way of theology students who would lap up the challenges you throw into the inner circle with such expertise and gusto...
Helen :-))

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is neat! ^^ It kind of makes me think of God before all Creation, like... creating us, mankind, was a really tough challenge (and looking around, I can see why) and a burden, but regardless, God still loves us. Your poem really makes me think and ask questions. I really admire how your work can do that. :)

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

pretty and nice to read, you now how to write about this again and again, and give us more! but in universe there is no balance; it might be a wishful thought finding it, your man of war is here and there and everywhere maniacally manically minifoldly active. soon there will be a change I believe. and what do you think?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1159 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on April 23, 2008
Last Updated on June 7, 2017

Author

Phill Oz O'fee
Phill Oz O'fee

Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I am caught in a time spiral of confusion; that period we all experience between birth and death. Somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, lyricist and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..