The Goodnight Kiss for Wishes in the Morning

The Goodnight Kiss for Wishes in the Morning

A Poem by Pi Cee

I aspire to be something in somebody's eyes. Something they see as magnificent, perfect, beautiful, maybe even elegant. To only get better with time. I want to be a lover, friend, something chosen and not forced upon them. Something cherished and amazing. I wish not to change, but I have yet to find my true person. I need to change to do that, I need to live, and grow. So upon finding this person who is supposed to be me, I will certainly blossom into the person I've been destined to be.

Me. Should be someone I like, a better version of I. But Myself should be present in both I and Me,. So Myself would have to include the good of I and the not so great of Me. So what Myself, I, and Me really need to be, is Myself. All really who my self wants to be, just at a loss in figuring out how to make that obvious and all versions separate at the same time. I believe one day, the right setting, I'll piece together the little parts of me that compliment the person I'm trying to become. And in that moment I'll put into motion the possibly long process of becoming my true self, the self that shines without effort.

But this other person, whose eyes I wish to shine in, I doubt actually exists. Though I have hope. This person will be far better in the flesh than in my dreams, for the fact of them being everything I need and only possibly want. In my dreams, I obviously have seen how everything works out, how everything progresses. In "real" life, it should happen and be a completely original experience. It should be a journey of new discoveries, and not a treasure hunt for the perfect jewel. This person may immediately see my faint shine, or they may wait until I fully glow to realize and show their own feelings. The only thing I can possibly know now, is that the person who saves me from ignoring my own light, will have for me the precious rare gift of unconditional love.

I once had a solid idea, or at least as close to a solid idea as I could have about the way my future would pan out, and fade, and softly end. I had the perfect vision of my soul-mate. But now I've realized that you can't ever plan correctly for the future. The person I am now is all that matters in this moment. And the person who I hope will one day grace my life will only ever be who they are in that moment. So if it happens it happens. I'll still dream and hope, but things will happen the way they'll happen on their own.

 

© 2013 Pi Cee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice..... this is quite a piece. Powerful and haunting! So much to want, so much to hope for, a push and pull vibe. Life is like the ocean, my friend, you ride with the currents, in and out, or try to fight it and get nowhere. This poem really strikes me, really makes me feel and that is something few pieces do. A dream, perhaps, but a great dream to chase, at that.

And, by the way, you are already something in the eyes of another and something magnificent, too. You are a very gifted and brilliant writer. Very, very beautifully done.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

This has been one of my most cherished reviews.



Reviews

what a compelling list of wanton expectation...so heartfelt and thorough
i would like to think that he is somewhere out there just waiting to discover you
this is an honest portrait and a touching write, well done!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Thank you, so much. I think he's already discovered though, I'm just waiting for him to realize it. .. read more
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

smack him upside the head with a fresh tuna!
Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Haha, I'm not sure that'd work as well as it sounds. But thanks for the advice! Heh,,
Perfect. This is completely and utterly what I want in a lover as well...this is unconditional love, this is the real thing, you know what you want, feel it with
the emotion you wrote it with , bright strong powerful, and with gratitude, the universe will manifest it for you, for me too. We can not hold to tightly to any one person, for they have free will, but with this as your mantra and with an open heart
your love will come surely as the dawn. just believe and love, and be grateful for what you have now. ( hopefully by now it will have already manifested and you'll say silly poet, I have already found him! her!)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good story. Two people must overcome a lot. Marriage is part one. Part two is getting along sharing the same space. Those nasty habit show up in time. I enjoyed the story. Made me think. Good to sit down and discuss marriage. Each of us have a different view on what it is. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Coyote. =)
Great work.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Marvin

11 Years Ago

Yes I read it all
I can't say anything that hasn't been said already. This is a wonderful piece and I think everyone can relate to it, no matter where they are in life. Even if they already think they have achieved what you've described here, they'll still see this as a part of their past and the road they had to travel to get where they are.

Although, I must say that I don't believe anyone can achieve this because the road to achieving this point of self-visualization is basically never ending.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Well then I hope I took the right directions, because I see a light. Thanks for the review, this is .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. beautifully written ... so very earnest and magical ... i truly wish and hope and pray that you meet "the one" soon ... or ... when the time is right for you ... and i'd love to read his review of this piece whenever it happens ... i think both you and i shall be around for that ... my heart says so :) ...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I think so too. Thank you so much.
...

11 Years Ago

. you're very welcome ...
I absolutely love this. I relate to it completely. It's as if you have pulled out the words from my thoughts exactly. You have expressed in this work what every woman wants in her life and I was a bit teary as I read. Never stop dreaming and thank you for sharing with us :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

Thank you, but I couldn't even if I wanted to (which is far far from). Thank you for stopping by.
agreed for the majority of it. i often feel alone and unimportant, wishing someone would come my way and show me i'm worth the effort, so i could show them what i'm capable of.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Invisible

11 Years Ago

well thanks, coming from you that definately means alot ;)
Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. I mean it.
Invisible

11 Years Ago

and i am glad
Very real, very heartfelt. Great narrative and description. Keep up the good work. It reminds me of the song "Utilities" by the Weakerthans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rSzFIUjFWE

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
I'm not sure if I'm way off on this, but...you want imperfect perfection, or perfect imperfection. Even if I'm wrong, I like it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pi Cee

11 Years Ago

That's precisely my dream. Thanks for getting it. =) I greatly appreciate your reviews.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1917 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Author

Pi Cee
Pi Cee

Parkersburg, WV



About
"Regardless of whether the answer of 'what do I mean to you' flatters me or not, such a question's only intention is merely for a shared understanding of one's place in another's life." "If I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..