The Secret of Gray Island.

The Secret of Gray Island.

A Poem by Pi Cee

Standing on the shore of that island so gray,

is a tall tower of stone with its writing

fading and sliding away.

 

This tower was once covered all in gold

not in the matter

but of words from the cold.

 

The water and sand have weathered it harshly

the bright eager sun tires it quickly.

But the tower will stand on,

with the knowledge inside.

And though- forever mute, and deaf,

will eternily look on with wide open eyes.

© 2012 Pi Cee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. stunning work ...
. profound and inspirational ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is Simplistic, and very profound The body symbolism here is volumous but can be quite misleading, Perhaps the embodiment of the soul, would be more of a Proper description. This is a Remarkable piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This reminds me a bit of Shelly's 'Ozymandias' because it describes and personifies (in some ways) an apparently ancient, mysterious relic in the middle of nowhere. I would agree that it could use more of a body; as it stands now, it seems like there should be more hints of the secret of the tower, and more descriptions of it. What kind of knowledge is inside of this thing? Who might have built it? Is it overgrown with vines and overrun by animals or entirely abandoned? Delving more into these questions and others by providing more info would improve this I think.

In the first paragraph, I think that you meant "standing on" and not "one". Besides that I didn't see any mistakes.

The first stanza sets the mood well, and the third one is a solid ending; I esp. like the last two lines. But the second stanza is where you could add more about the tower and the island and flesh out this poem a little bit. As it is right now though, it's still a decent poem imo but I just think that it has a lot of possibility if you were to ever come back and touch it up a little.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the imagery. I felt as though I saw the scene vividly in my mind


Posted 12 Years Ago


Like a mighty Oak Tree, it's feet planted surely in the soil and it's branches held aloft, it gazes, watches, every aware through the march of time. The storms may come, they may blow fiercely, but they shall always go, move on and calm share return. Forever a shelter for those others seeking safety from the gales that rage.

A wonderful poem about standing strong and remaining forever hopeful in the eyes of hardships. Thanks for writing Spicee!

Aaron =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice imagery here. I especially like the last two lines: "Though forever mute, and deaf/Will eternily look on with wide open eyes". Very nice use of words here!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012

Author

Pi Cee
Pi Cee

Parkersburg, WV



About
"Regardless of whether the answer of 'what do I mean to you' flatters me or not, such a question's only intention is merely for a shared understanding of one's place in another's life." "If I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..