Maybe

Maybe

A Story by Nathan Mann

I wish that I could go back in time and tell my younger self that everything gets better, but I'm not a time traveler and I've never really been good at lying anyways. I would like to say that by growing up having everybody I tried to lean on slip away has made me stronger and more independent, but it's only torn me down and made me numb. If I could tell you that the first girl I fell in love with loved me back, I would probably be a happy person. I don't know what it is about me that makes people leave, but I'm sure that they all have good reasons. My mom, brothers, countless friends, and so many people who for some reason I though cared about me. Maybe they did. Maybe I'm the weird one because I'm willing to do so much for the ones I care about. Maybe they lost interest. Maybe they thought I didn't need them. They obviously don't need me. I probably did something to have this life, and I'd really like to know what. I'm just going to keep hoping things will get better, they can't stay like this forever. Maybe somebody will give me the long, uncomfortable hug that I need and maybe they'll stick around to help me out. Maybe I wont die alone.

© 2014 Nathan Mann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on January 27, 2014

Author

Nathan Mann
Nathan Mann

Grass Valley, CA



About
It's getting better all the time more..

Writing
1000 1000

A Poem by Nathan Mann


TV TV

A Poem by Nathan Mann