'  [ I hateeverythngaboutyou, ily. ] ' [ Chpt 5.]

' [ I hateeverythngaboutyou, ily. ] ' [ Chpt 5.]

A Story by ThereWasBloodEverywhere
"

Please read ! : D i tried to make this chpt kinda short.. ish.:) REVIEW!

"

Around 10'o'clock the next morning, with much testing and confusion, we had found out that I didn't need to breathe. After last night I had transformed so much I didn't need air anymore. My skin was also getting colder by the minute. I thought that maybe I was actually dying. But after a week my tempature evened out and I was stone-cold. Well, to them anyway. To me it just felt normal. After our first attempt to kill me, when I awoke Ronny hit me in the head with a amp. Actually thinking I might have been a zombie. Deej fainted and David threw up for some reason. When I got up David and Ronny ran out of the room screaming. I was dizzy and tried to explain to them I wasn't dead.

     "We would have been charged with murder, so, you being a freak saved us." David flashed a hopeful smile.  
     "We could use this as a advantage, eh?" Ronny had brewed coffee for everyone, except Deej of course. "We could have bar-bets on how long he could hold his breath for!" So optimistic.
     "That'd be great! Then maybe you could sell him to the freak-show after!" Deej said sarcastically.
     "Screw off homo! If anyone's getting sent away it's gonna be you."

I hadn't left my bed since. I hadn't talked much either. It looked like I was deep in thought, when, in reality I couldn't think straight. Whenever I tried to think of one thing it got blown up and filled with every thought I know. Making it freaking impossible to even instruct my body to do basic motor skills. I don't think I even blinked. Since I didn't need to breathe I couldn't even use that as guiding point. Crap. I was pretty sure it was getting worse; lack of sleep I wasn't sure I needed. I think it was after the third day I realized one of my eyes were open. I only had a brief glimpse of the never-changing egg-shell white of the ceiling.

     I was aware of the people around me. The sounds. The TV. Deej often left. They talked to me for a whole week, thinking that I was depressed. Only on the 22nd day was I finally able to make sense of their words.
I had finally gotten enough focus to be able to blink whenever I wasn't distracted. David was the first to discover my ability. Sadly, we've developed a system of blinks. 1 blink yes. 2 blinks no.
Everything was going slowly. After a month and a half I had gotten use of my head, kinda. I was able to nod and make some sounds. My head was still a landfill of the crap my mind was throwing up. It was a continous struggle.

I swear to god I had more space to think. Like, my mind was expanding. Thoughts weren't just random things taking up space. I could see them more carefully. But better yet, I could feel more things. Like, whatever noises I heard, I could feel. When Ronny made David and DJ laugh (by mocking me) I could feel different . . . vibes. Their emotions were pumped into the air, like heat waves. I could see differently, too. I could see every crack in paint, every crack. I could feel every thread under my body. I could see the air particals floating in the air. I could see the dust particals too. Everyday my senses increased. When they ate I could hear them cutting, chewing, digesting. I breathed in through my nose, smelling everything on this floor. When Ronald and Deej left, which they often did, I could smell their clothes from across the room. Piecing together from the scents of where they could have been. David often talked about Ronny to my body. He was wondering if him and Deej were doing stuff while they were out. While they were here, they acted like they always had. Ronald still  driving DJ crazy and them beating on each other. And they only ever left together if they were getting something to eat. Usually Deej smelt like perfume, the park, and food. While Ronny, the w***e, usually smelt like sweat, clone, and different people. David didn't like to leave me completely alone. He had started to keep a journal on me. Writing down my achievments, like moving my entire hands now, and my symtoms. Like, I wasn't hungry or 'thirsty' and I didn't need to use the bathroom. Or, maybe I was starving and I had wet myself so many times, I wouldn't be able to tell. It was like every thought in my head was on papers and a huricane came by and blew them across a huge field. And I had to sort them, each and every one of them. It had taken me this long just to get my very basic motor skills together. I was focusing on getting my legs to work. I got my hands, below my knee's, and my head to move. It was motivating. Like being a infant learning how to walk.
I loved my eyes. They could see every molocule of everything. I was staring at David while he complained about Ronny, I could see his pores, his skin stretch when he talked and every shade of brown in his eyes. It was very pretty. Very fasinating.

About 13 days later I could talk. I didn't even realize I was thinking out loud until they all stared at me. A huge smile spread across my face. My voice sounded cool. It sounded like angels bell's ringing. I loved it. "I bet you thought we'd let you sing now, eh? Too bad you sound like Katy Perry. Ha ha." Ronny commented first.
David told me my voice sounded pretty sick. And that I could probably master screamo now. David and Deej stayed by my side for about 6 hours straight while I told them what was happening. Not talking about my 'gifts' just yet. Ronald thought it was boring and that I was just being a p***y. The next day I could sit up. It was excellent. I still had some minor trouble with moving all the muscles in my face but I was getting around to fixing it. One nerve at a time.
Along with my other super-heightened senses, I had gained another remarkable gift; I could read minds. In a certain way, of course.
      Example: one night while Ronny was out, David confronted Deej. He asked him if there was anything going on between the two, I could hear the air shift ever so slightly as Deej turned to me. I guess he was checking I was asleep. Mabye I wasn't supposed to know. He took David into the other room.
      At first he was telling David that Ronny drove him crazy, and that's when it first happened. I could feel his thoughts. I could tell when he was lying. It was extremely blurry though. Like, if he was talking to someone he was mad at the vibe of his thoughts were pointed in that direction. If asked why he was mad the reason would play in his mind. Awhile ago he had been fighting with Ronny outside. He had been thinking about it  when he came upstairs. The sense of frustration and lust came to order itself into my view. The exact words were hard to decipher, but eventually the mood would point it out.
Deej had something on his mind involving lust and Ronny. But somehow the two just didn't go hand-in-hand. He told David that there was too much going on right now for him to understand. David begged for him to explain, while in his mind he was pissed and sad. He wanted to strangle Deej because Deej knew that he had wanted Ronny. And yet he was letting this happen.
Why wasn't I allowed to know?
Ronny was coming back up stairs. Eating ice-cream.
     "I just want to know."
     "I know but, you wouldn't understand."
The thoughts were getting pretty violent.
     "All I want to know is if--"
     "You wouldn't understand!"
     "How do you know if you won't even try--"
     "F**k off. It's none of your business what or who I do my s**t with--"
     "But you know I love him! You stupid, cheeky b*****d!"
Ronny came through the door, music blasting from his head. "What's up motha f***a's? Any messages?"
David shook his head. He wanted to cry. But he held it in and was looking for a excuse to leave. Trying to make a decision of who he wanted to bring with him. He was considering telling Ronny he loved him. But roughly saw the hold scenerio play out from a sadistic point of view. Deejs' head was too mixed-up to give off any signals. I opened my eyes. Ronny threw his black skater-hat off in my direction and started to play-wrestle with DJ. Which made the touching and teasing over-flow David's mind with very negative thoughts. He said a small bye and walked out. I closed my eyes.
     "So, . ."
     "So what?"
     "David asked me today if there was anything going on between us."
     "Pfft! You wish you could get me."
     "Oh please. In your dreams."
Short silence.
     "Why would he care, anyways?"
Silence.
     "You are so clueless. And brain-dead. And a moron . . ." Teased Deej.
"And handsome, a rockstar, sexy . . ." Continued Ronny. "But what's your point?"
"He kinda sorta has . . . a thing."
Ronny laughed. "Yeah, I bet he does. Anything else, inspecter?"
"No, not like that. He has a thing for idiotic, moron, brain-dead--"
"Handsome, sexy rockstars? Really?"
"Yeah."
This caught Ronald off-guard. He thought back to our last gig, where himself and David made-out. He did enjoy it but he thought that that's just what friends did. He had confusion, realization, curiousity, and lust cross through his mind. Eventually he had guilt. He didn't know what to do. He actually didn't want to hurt David. Maybe he was actually developing feelings for something besides himself and the mirror.
"So, whats the news?"
Ronny shrugged cooly. Like these type of thoughts never crossed his mind. "I dunno. It's, . . . I dunno. Trailer Park Boys is on tonight, eh?" He wasn't even trying to distract DJ. His mind just wondered there on its' own.
"Yeah," Confusion clouded DJ's mind. "I guess it is."

They watched TPB later, well, Ronny did. Deej was trying to figure out the situation. He wanted to know what Ronald was thinking. He was playing out scenerios that even he thought were inaccurate. Then his thoughts drifted out and formed into thoughts about music, the band, the gig, then me. He had a vibe of me and something else just bouncing off his skull. I couldn't figure out the exact point that had to do with me. Jealousy was draped across the thought of me. He had a vision of yelling at me. Of yelling at Ronny. Of screaming at David. I didn't like his thoughts. Did he always think like this? It seemed pretty new. Had a lighter vibe to it.
I switched to Ronny's.
He was thinking about Randy and Mr. Lahey. The two gay characters on Trailer Park Boys. He tried not to think about how much they must love each other and tried to focus on how much pot was on the show and how great it would be to have it all. Eventually his thoughts were about commiting. He didn't like these thoughts. He wanted to concentrate on the show. He was very sad all of a sudden. I think he was going to cry.
"This is boring. I'm going to the pool. Up for it, shrimp?"
     "Umm, sure. Will he be okay?"
     "Yeah, course he will. You'll be fine, right?!" He shouted at me.
     "Fine, fine. Ditch me, d*****s."
Ronny mocked my voice. "Blah, blah, blah."
     "Great impersonation."
     "Whatever. Are you going to?"
I wasn't sure if I could get up. My mind seemed very calmed. I pushed my luck farther. I sat up. Yup. I threw my feet over the edge. Yup. I tried standing up.
     "You look like a robot."
     "Thanks."
I stood up. The sheets I wasn't aware of fell off. I didn't shake. My knee's buckled firmly. I moved slowly. Taking it one step at a time. Something entered my periphial vision. I dove for it before it was anywhere near me. It was a pair of shorts. "Hurry up homo."   

After the first couple steps I was alright. I wasn't used to being around different lights. The elevator scared me a little. Going down 9 floors. I liked the pool. It was pretty decent-sized. With a hot-tub on the side. I went there immediatly. It felt unbelievably relaxing. The smell of clorine was a bit strong but nothing too bad. Ronny had immediatly gotten everyones' attention. Even from the gym that was separated from the back of the pool. They all stared. Mostly oldies there and a few young teens. Ronny looked good in his shorts while I thought mine were a little too long. Just brushing past my knee. Ronald decided the pool was too cold and sat beside me. Deej was just swimming about the pool. A few eyes following his graceful motions underwater.
Ronny stretched his arms. Closing his eyes and completly relaxing beside me.
"So, heard you loved me." He said very casually. As if talking about the heat of the pool. I looked at him. Baffled. He looked at me and a huge smile spread across his face. "I'm just messing with you. God, don't have to take everything so seriously."
I splashed water at him. Smirking and closed my eyes. "You so did not just do that." My smile grew wider. The little diva hated his hair getting wet. He put my head underwater. Like it would matter. I stayed there and opened my eyes. Every single bubble was amusing. I spotted Ronny's legs. Got close and bit lightly on his shin. He grabbed me by the hair back to the surface.
"Kinky little mofo!"
"Well don't put me underwater then."
"Dont get my hair wet then."
"Your sucha priss."
I splashed more water at him. We had a mini-war. Laughing and ignoring the rest of the guests. DJ shot a look in our direction. He was jealous, but not about me and Ronny. It was something else.
The girls that were posing themselves to get Ronny's attention were thinking nasty thoughts about one another.
After a good couple of hours in the hot-tub it was back up to the room. Deej said he'd meet us up there. He wanted to lift some weights first.

     Me and Ronny had a good time. We hadn't talked in so long, it was like we were kids again. We watched 'The Dark Knight' on the Pay-Per-View thing. It was a intense movie. Very good. Around 11:30 was when Deej came back and around midnight when David came back. There were two beds and one couch I wasn't really aware of. I had claimed a bed since my stay. Me and Ronny crashed together around 3.
     This was the night I discovered something new. If I touched someone while they slept (he had elbowed me in the face so I positioned him differently), closed my eyes, I had almsot a clear vision of their dream. He was a deep person:

     The dream took place in a library. It was a huge library. I think I was going around as Ronny. He was younger, maybe around 6 or 7. And for some reason running around this library. It looked like a library mansion might have in it, it looked personal. He was running through isle after isle after 10 isles until he reached a comfy hair facing a bright fireplace. A sense of happiness ran through him. He started shouting but couldn't understand the words. But he was joyful non the less. When he got to the chair he ran infront of it. In the chair there was a skellington wearing a robe. The lights dimmed and the skellington moved. Pushing Ronny into the fireplace. He was crying. He fell through the fireplace and was falling down stairs. At the bottom of the stairs there was a room. He walked in and tripped on his first step. Landing on a table. There was a person in the chair across infront of the table. A wicked witch-looking woman grabbed his arms and held them down. She laughed very loudly, menacingly. Holding Ronnys' hands down and bringing up a axe. He was frozen there as she came closer. Laughing. Mocking. Ron was absolutly terrified. But he didn't move, like a abused child. They knew it was going to happen. He begged and begged for her not to. Then she raised her weapon and chopped off his head. His young head rolling on the floor. She lifted his head to face her, he was still crying. "Why, mom?!"
    
    That was the end. I opened my eyes to see Ronny sitting up in a cold sweat. He was shaking, I was shaking too. It was still dark out. He looked petrafied. Eyes very wide. "Ron. . . Ron? You okay? Talk to me. Talk. Ron talk."
He was breathing hard, eyes wide and horrified. Shaking his head. "Don't call me Ron."
A relieved sigh escaped me and I wrapped my arms around him. "It's okay man. . . . . It's okay." I cradled him.
     "No, no, man. I'm fine. I'm fine." He tried very lightly to get me off. He wanted to cry. He was thinking about his dads' skull and his moms' face. "Were you watching me sleep or something?" He tried to make a joke, trying to distract himself more than anything. "Yeah, cause, you know, that is what I do. I stay up all night just to watch you sleep." Truth was I wasn't tired at all. I kissed his hair. He was still shaking and I don't think he had blinked just yet.  He was deciding if he could trust me or not, not to tell the others about this. What a ego this kid had. So much pride.
I kissed his forehead. My cold skin dried up his sweat. "Thanks, man." He whispered. He wanted comforting. He hated having this dream. I liked being able to read his mind in a way. "What was it about?"
     "What was what about?"
     "Your dream. Wanna talk about it?"
Damn. I blew it. He thought I was being a p***y. "No. It was a dream about, your mom. It was just so scary. Nothing really." Well my mom did die; crap, I forgot to send flowers.
 He wanted to cry, but was on the verge of keeping it together. As long as he was safe in his friends' arms nothing could go wrong. I had never seen this side of Ronny. The scared little-boy side. The near-human emotions side. I kissed his head again. It was soothing. He tried to block out the memory of this dream. A tune entered his mind, putting it at ease. He remembered his mom would sing it to him when he got scared. It was 'Flamando'. I think. It went something like this: There was something in the air that night, the stars to bright. Flamando.  

I gently hummed it. At first he was a bit freightened on the 'coincidence' of us both singing the same song. But eventually he drifted back into a dreamless sleep in my arms. I brushed my hand up and down his arm. Just barely giving him goosebumps, I could feel that he felt safe, knowing the big-bad vampire was watching over him.


In the morning I was watching cartoons, still with Ronny in my embrace. I had managed to sit up more, barely even stirring him. I hadn't slept a wink last night. Maybe too much sugar. David had crashed on the couch and was just waking up. He was a bit froggy at first. He had dreamt he had a vengance on a whale in Florida. Interesting. Then he saw us. He didn't like the thought one bit. Thinking I was turning against him too. But he showed a smile and silently bared through it. "Morning Draven, how'd we sleep?"
     "I slept fine. Ronny rolled on me in the night and I haven't been able to get his fat-a*s off me since. Ha ha."
David laughed too. Adding a 'whatever' in his head.

When Ronny finally did get up David had left to get breakfast. He yawned and stretched. Obilvious to the fact that I was there. When his hands stretched and twirled about, he hit me in the face. Finally enknowledging my presence. "Hey." He whispered tiredly.
     "Hey."
Ronny grabbed onto my arm like it was a teddy bear and fell back into a dreamless sleep.

When Deej woke up around ten he came over and hit Ronny with a pillow. Looking exactly like a little brother waking up his big brother on a Saturday morning. "Screw off," He whispered. Not like his usual reaction, in which he would have called Deej multiple curse-words and probably would have tackled him to the ground.
"Make me!" He challenged very childishly. Without opening his eyes he gave Deej the finger and told him to go watch Dora count to 5.
Deej was just looking for a fight. He was in a great mood this morning. For a reason I couldn't pin-point. I threw the remains of room-service pizza at him. He bounced onto the bed. "C'mon! Ron! It's time to get up, Ron!" Ronny smiled his mischeiveous grin and pounced after Deej. Both of them landing off the high bed and onto the floor. Ronny had Deej pinned with his arm behind his back in less than a minute.
     "Say your a little b***h!" Ronny laughed.
     "No!" Deej tried to struggle out of the grasp.
     "Say it or I'll lick your ear!"
DJ struggled and kicked playfully. Refusing to say he was a little b***h. His mini-muscles doing him no good pinned under Ronny's boney knee's.
I wasn't quite sure who had won, all I knew was that we had a free buffet downstairs. And I was starving.

Clean clothes and a shower never felt so good. The other two said they didn't need a shower. Or that they needed to get dressed. So in the huge lobby overflowing with couches, big chairs, and people, Ronny and Deej were in shirts, shorts and robes. While I was actually dressed, sorta. We waited in line for almost 5 minutes. This was supposed to be a 4 star hotel. Christ.
We joined up with David. As soon as the waiter took our drink orders we bolted to the buffet. I scarfed down almost everything I could get my hands on. The other guests looked bewildered. I was already on my fifths (of everything) when Ronny asked me if I was hungry. Without missing a mouthful I smile at him smugly.

An hour or so later, after the chef practically kicked me out, I still wasn't completely satisfied. I think it was a thirst more than anything. I raided the mini-bar and drank everything in it. David was probably gonna b***h at me for running up the room-service tab, but money was never really an issue. After I drowned my useless lungs with tacila and the last of the voldka, I barely had a buzz. And I had drank atleast seven bottles. I was pumped, suddenly. I was jumping from foot-to-foot. A huge smile swept across my entire body. I was just so happy. So excited. I don't even know why. So there I was, bouncing from chair - to bed - to table - to top of TV - to just about every surface off the ground, and thats when Deej and Ronny came in. I was stalled. My anxiousness was overwhelming. I knew what I wanted, and I think my self-control was wearing through. All I could smell, taste, and see was their sweet, juicy, delicious blood pumping into the air. The vibes were irresistable.
I was so, edged. Like, being on the top of the CN Tower, looking down, and knowing if you fall it wouldn't hurt. It was scary, but in a freaking unbelievable way. I wanted to jump. I was thirsty, now I understood. I don't even think I was hungry to begin with.
These two were my jump. And I felt like a dare-devil. I knew I should think that I shouldn't even consider ever drinking from these guys, but somehow along the way I kinda lost my sense of right and wrong. In Deej's mind there was a sense of jealousy somehow. Still didn't know what he was jealous about. Maybe he should die. A voice inside my head suggested. I tried to cancel it out. But a part of me thought about his blood. Within fractions of a second all of me wanted blood. I let out a snarl that must have been building up inside of me since I was thirteen. Deej and Ronny's eyes were huge with freight.
Ronny was pulling Deej slowly back out the door. They ran and closed the door. I let out a howl. The hunt was on.

     Screams were everywhere. I had already clawed-off some maids' face. Well, she shouldn't have gotten in my way. Wow, the murderous voice was coming back into play. Free-falling down the 9th floor. It was exhilerating. All eyes in the lobby focused on me. Some screamed. The smart ones ran. I was getting closer and closer to this fat security man. He had seemed oblivious to the fact that the lobby was quiet in silent fear. Within milli-seconds I landed on his head, hearing a satisfying crunch and crack of his neck, then his spine. I must say, I landed very gracefully. My eyes felt more natural than they did before when I changed. Like, regular human eyes. My teeth though, I learned an hour or so ago, were toughening by the day. And at the moment, when my teeth were supposed to morph into fangs, they didn't. Very much, anyway. I guess my natural teeth were getting tough enough to chew through bones. I smiled, brillantly. Flashing my mug at everyone in the room. I screeched. Looking around and laughing at the colourful and fearful faces.
     I don't know what took over, but killing all these people didn't seem so wrong. I snorted and sprang for the closest, biggest couch. Lifted it easily and sprang across the room. Cramming it in between the doors. And repeating the process numerous times until the doors were completely blocked. I turned on my heel and stared at my prey, at my toys. I was wondering where this came from, but that evil part of me used me like a dummy. I started talking, I couldn't make out the words, but the voice knew what it was saying. And
     
A gun shot.

Utter shock. Something was flicked into my stomache. I looked around. A clerk was holding a rolvolver with a fat, sweaty, shaky hand. Accidently dropping it. Looked at me once more. Then fainted.
I tore off my shirt. Exposing a body that wasn't there last time I checked. A beautiful body. Amazing. And a few inches left of my belly-button was a small scratch. Like the kind of scratch a aggitated kitten might leave. Searching the floor I saw the bullet. It resisted my body. My body resisted the bullet. I smiled and picked it up. Chomped down on it with my teeth and it snapped in two. Then flicking both pieces away. I scanned the silenced room.
In the front row my attention was caught by a small girl holding her mommy's hand. A doll in the other. I recognized this girl from the subway. After I had attacked Deej I had scared her on a ecalator. Her eyes watery and wide with horror. My face drew a blank. Not so much my face as my mind did. Something about this little girl, made me want to stay the way I was before. But I liked the power. But the hormone-type voice amplifying it's voice into my head, while slaughtering my conscienous almost completely. The voice wanted blood, and death. Screaming. Mourning. It was willing to take me over to make the suffering happen.    
I hated it when people, or anything, told me what to do. And I didn't want to be it's puppet. It sensed this would happen. Stop, you killed all those people, not me. It's your fault, not mine. Stop resisting and we can fix this. The stupid voice seemed to whisper. It was getting control over my brain, not so much my brain as my emotions. I was exploding inside. That was the straw that broke the camels back. The pin had dropped and the war was on. I doubled over. It felt like it was scratching its' claws on my insides. I started hyperventalating heavily. Struggling to sit up. My jaw jacked open so wide it felt like it was going to snap. Someone touched my shoulder. Gently pushing it. "A-are you okay, mister vampire man?" I turned over, seeing the little girl with a doll clenched to her side. With much, much self-control from having a human this close to me when I was like this. I clenched my teeth together, avoiding a scream, I smiled. "Oh, okay." She smiled. Her mom tugged her back into her arms within nano-seconds. The climax of this fight felt tiring. Ending, for now.
You should have killed her.
Shut up.
I knew I had won this one. But the victory didn't feel like justice. I stood up, I could hear sirens. Alot of sirens. Damnit. All eyes still trained on me. I looked around, nervously. And whispered an appology. Leaped, and took the tape out of the five visible cameras.
I couldn't smell Deej or Ronny. It took me exactly 6 1/2 seconds to get back to the room. Write down an address and time, stuff it inside David's guitar, and ran to the top of the building. Having to only get through one padlock I was on the roof. This was a very high and centered building. I could see the CN Tower. Huh, cool.

Escaping from the city was easy, knowing what I planned to do next was the hard part. For now I walk about the islands. Sneaking onto the ferry, of course. I started to regret having torn my shirt off. But it didn't matter. It was summer and I was hot. I was pacing around this 'Haunted Lighthouse' when I started remembering the good old days. One of the first that came to mind was when Ronny was sleeping over at my house when we were 14. He was telling me about the time one of his exboyfriends invited him over.
     ". . . he said I could come over in twenty minutes but I'd hafta leave after an hour, before his dad came home. So I said no because it just sounded like a booty-call." Of course, being a little 14-year-old, I found this hilarious and couldn't help but try to swallow the Pepsi I had in my mouth, but failed, and it ended up squirting through my nose, everywhere.

Staring at the Lighthouse I smiled. Remembering these memories was awful. I walked away from the lighthouse.

For the next couple of hours I found myself lying in a open field next to a spiral maze. Listening to kids and parents alike giggle and laugh. I closed my eyes for a long time, just listening to the birds flying way above, and the crickets chirp about me. For the longest time I didn't think of anything at all. It wasn't until about eleven'o'clock a night guard was jabbing me with his foot. "C'mon, boy. Up you get. Time to go." I could hear his thighs rubbing together from the other side of the park. I rolled over and tried to ignore him. "Oi, you," he gave my side a kick. I could feel his expression, he was starting to get scared that my skin was harder than his boots. "Kid! You have three seconds to get up. . . One. . .Two." He tried not to hesitate too much. "Three. Alright, Launder 89 found a kid. Around 2nd maze five. Over." He murmered into his radio. A breeze flattened the grass momentarily. I let out a deep breath. I didn't want to move from this spot. Just kill them. Why don't you? You wanna take that risk? The stupid voice had a mirrored point, a scenerio in through my head where the cops did come and take a look at my mug, which was probably all over the news by now. If they could somehow contain me, I would be brought to jail. Probably killed.
I heard a cart and 3 sets of feet come off of it. "This boy won't move."
     "Is he injured?"
     "Oi, boy. Are you okay?"
I remained silent. "Turn him over." Hands tried to flip me over. I was too sturdy, it took all four of them to turn me on my back. "You! Are you okay?"
     "Maybe he's deaf."
     "Maybe he's just another street punk."
They mumbled about themselves for awhile, trying to decide what to do, while I battled the same problem. Just kill them, your a vampire, their human. Barely worth anything. Shut up.
I got to me feet and started running. Running and running. I heard them fire bullets and put the motorized cart into full-gear, but it was useless. I was too fast.
Reaching the other side of the farthest island, the city didn't look too far away. I wonder if I could walk on water. The thought gained my whole attention. I imagined myself like a super-hero running across water because I was just that fast.
I walked about half a mile from the brim of the shore, and booked it. The first 12 steps on the chilled water went fantastic, but after that, it went downhill all the way. I fell aburptly into the water, it took me by surprise and I wondered why I didn't just test my luck and jump half way, and swim the rest. I know why, cause I'm an idiot. I sighed, took a false breath and plunged under the deep dark waters of Ontario.

Day Two. Tomorrow was gonna be day three. I had to get there by tomorrow. Would they even go? After what I've done. After what I've put them through? Yes, of course they would, wouldn't they? The address I stuffed in David's guitar was a small place a couple of hours away from Toronto; Belleville. I had a step-uncle there at one point, and if I'm correct, he still should be alive.
I wished more than anything that I could read my ex-bands' minds' from here. But, I guess we're just too far apart. Or maybe they were just blocking me out.  

I traveled at night, running as fast as I could, a medoicre sketch of me plastered all over newspapers and on TV's. With the 5 inch fangs that didn't exsist and the donut-sized blood-shot eyes that were obviously mine. " . . . Second attack in the past month and was registered at the hotel he hid away at under a false name. As far as we could gather, he had followers, of which left the building prior to the rampage. He is assumed to be seventeen or eighteen, and has a severe medical condition unknown . . ."

Wow. That's . . . accurate. I guess.

I found the place, small crappy place. But, what ever. It was around seven'o'clock when I knocked on the white-ish door. I could hear light snoring from the second floor. I knocked louder. Nothing. I ran to the back of the house and spotted a micro-wave-sized bathroom window .It was kind of dark out, I guess. It'll do.

The house reaked of shampoo and soup. A froggy feel to the place. 'Jimmer', my uncle, was oldish. 57, lack of hair and didn't remember me. He was lean and gullible. He believed that my parents called him up last month and told him I was coming because of their jobs. He believed that he let the front door open  just for me. He believed I was just a normal little teenage boy. A normal teenage boy who liked girls, video games and music. Well, that was part of me, so it counted, right?

He had to work that night, so he left me alone. Alone with surround-sound system, 42-inch screen and a crappy computer. He left me twenty-bucks for pizza when I told him I might have a few friends over. He assumed it was something for school, even though I didn't go anymore, but, whatever. Before I knew it, it was nine-thirty-two. I had destroyed a pillow I didn't realize I was munching on til it was gone. I was nervous. Wait, scratch that, I was super-duper nervous. I didn't know if they were gonna show up, or if it would be a set-up. For the police to take me away. Would they really do it? I don't think Ronny would, or DJ, or even David. But judging from the hell I've put them through, there was no way to tell.  

It was 11:00. They weren't coming. If they were, they'd already be here. They're leaving me, alone. Monsters like me should be left alone. I was starring at the door, I had been for quite awhile now. I got excited whenever I heard a car within a four block radius. I kept smelling to my extent, just to find a sliver of what might be a chance they didn't forget about me. Eleven-thirty I starting crying. I was alone, not completely, I had Uncle Jimmer of course.
When it boiled down, he was all I had. But wasn't even close to what I wanted. I wanted them back. They were my dysfunctional family. Mine.
I wanted to fall asleep. I wanted despretely to fall asleep and not wake up, ever.  

I watched TV that night. I watched it until 3:30 and thats when I started praying. My mom always said if I was having trouble sleeping that praying to God would help me. I missed my mom. I prayed and spilled my guts out to an empty house until 5am. Thats when I was so exhausted from crying I thought I might actually be able to fall asleep. But I was still a monster, a blood-sucking monster. Who couldn't fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried. So I put on a Spider Man or Bat Man movie, I have no idea, rested my head upon a pillow.
Waiting for something that wasn't going to happen.

It was 6am when the best noise I've ever heard snapped me outta my state; someone cocky telling someone no taller than a twelve-year-old to blow him side-ways. And someone nobble-headed to tell them both to shut up. My mind sped up and I was at the door faster than lightening, I swear it.   
I just about ripped the door off its' hinges, and my mind blew up. It was them. They saw me, I saw them. DJ looked absolutely awful, red eyes anew. But I loved him. David looked very stressed, like a parent who just spent three days at a Chucky Cheeses' with two sugar-crazed kids. But I loved him. Each passing second make my grin grow wider, and wider, and wider until I couldn't stand it and gathered them together for a meaningful hug. I know I shouldn't have seen it, but as soon as I moved I saw them flinch from my sudden movement. But it was FINE. They were here, I was here. Alive-ish and kinda well. It was the best feeling of my life when I felt their hands on my back.

We walked into my uncles living room and they unpacked their stuff. As soon as David's head hit the pillow he fell asleep instantly. Deej's feet were dragging across the floor due to exhaustion. I lifted him and his bag off the ground and set him on the arm chair. His luggage twice as heavy as him. That left me and Ronny. Even though he was dead-tired, yet excited, he still managed to look dashing. He smiled and me a smooth smirk, and my grin still hadn't vanished. He was losing his balance. After about two minutes I gave up our wanna-be cool-guy greetings and embraced him. He gave a exhausted attempt to push me away, but eventually gave in. "I love you, man." I whispered, my voice breaking. I hadn't talked in hours. His eyes were crossing over. I was practically the only thing holding him up. I laid ourselves on the couch, him in my arms. In his mind he despretly wanted to say it back, but was too tired. I kissed his forehead and ran my fingers through his hair. He was asleep in seconds. I prompted myself up, laid back and smiled. I was the luckiest guy in the world. I stared at them each throughout the early morning. Peeking in on their dreams. David had dreams about us all on a farm and we had to hide people around the barn. Hmm. Deej had a nighmare, I'm pretty sure he'd had this dream before.
It took place at a theater. He was watching form the front row and seemed to be the only one there, but it wasn't unusual. When the curtain rose puppets started moving about. At first it was singing and dancing. Then, in the middle of the preformance, all of the hundreds of wooden puppets looked at him. Some of them had filled the audience seats. They all looked at him, he screamed as they pounced on him and started stitching his insides with sewing needles and thread until he looked like a puppet too. A human puppet. He was lifted onto the stage by someone above handling the strings. The strings made him dance as his blood flooded the stage.
Deej woke up suddenly. Looked at me and smiled. He missed me. He missed me alot. Ronny was cold, so I held him tighter. His dream took place in Africa. It got a little exotic so I tried not to focus on him too much. It was a bit hard but I managed to reach all of them. I liked the feel of their skin. How soft it was. How warm. How vibrant. How full of life, promise . . . blood. I instantly retreated my hand when I realized it was going for DJ's neck. Stupid instincts. I'll surpress it to my very limit. I wasn't going to lose these guys a third time.

David slept in for hours in a nice deep sleep. A smug smile plastered across his face the whole night. It was about 2pm when Ronny stretched and woke up. He smelt like coffee and donuts, along with sweat and anger.  Non of them had had a shower since we left. "Ahh, dude. . .  Why does your place smell like soup?"
     "I dunno. It's my uncle, he's . . weird."
     "Must run in the family."
I smiled and squeezed his shoulders.
After a few minutes I broke the silence. "I, uh, didn't think you were gonna show up."
His mind snapped. He felt insulted. "What? You didn't trust me?!" Ronny instantly standing up.
"It wasn't just you, it was them, too. After all the s**t I put you through . . . I just assumed . . ." I trailed off. His mind went deep red sprinkled with black. He took major offence to this. More than I thought he would.
"After everything we've just went through! Trying to cover your a*s! After all the threats, the interviews, the traveling, the things we had to do to make this dissapear! AND YOU DIDN'T THINK WE WERE COMING FOR YOU!"
We had a very long and intense fight that lasted nearly two hours. Waking DJ and causing David just to gather a blanket and pillow and escape up stairs. Deej tried to be unbiased, but soon he was shouting too. The fight was about trust. Apparently 'trust' was a huge thing with Ronny I just hadn't realized before.
When he was starting to wear down the conversation took this course with me yelling:
     " . . How could you not trust me?!"
     "I do trust you!"
     "Just not with the big things."
     "Your being a p***y."
     "I helped you with the biggest thing in your life!"
     "What was that?"
     "When you came out of the closet! I held your hand and told you everything was gonna be okay," I let that simmer into the air for a second, then continued. "You were scared that your parents wouldn't want you, and that we wouldn't love you."
He let that sink in. I had hit a nerve. In his mind he was thinking about his parents' reaction. One that we hadn't talked about before. One that he never told us about. When he told his mom she cried and blamed herself. Holding Ronny and appologizing. He asked his mom what his dad would say, she said she didn't know. When his dad found out he hit him across the face with belt. Screaming that it wasn't right or natural. Ordering that his son be normal and cease to be like that ever again. The fourteen-year-old Ronny tried to hold his ground and explained that it wasn't as easy as just reversing his physical attraction to a human. His dad screamed, and hit him again. That was the first time, as far as he could remember, he cried himself to sleep.
     I hugged him and appologized sincerly. "I'm so sorry, man."  
He shrugged me off, still trying to keep his cool. "It's cool man, it's cool." Deej was giving me a look, he had never seen Ronny show any type of weakness. He was gleaming inside, finally proving to himself that Ronald did, infact, contain tears. I didn't like the thoughts brewing in his head.
     "Deej, could you give us minute?"
His smile only twitched downward slightly. When he walked past Ronny he stated just loud enough for him to hear; "Wimp, real men don't cry."
Ronalds' head snapped up instantly, anger pumping through his veins . . . his warm, luscious veins . . . .
"What'd the runt say?!" He jolted forward. DJ stuck his tonge out at him. I held him back.
     "Here, let's take a walk, or something . . ." I usherd Ronald out of the house, his back towards me, still being taunted by Deej.
     "Your soo dead little man." Ronny promised through clenched teeth.
     "At least I'm a man."
Before Ronny could take a lunge of air I picked him up over my shoulder and ran until we hit the woods.

This small didn't have much in the line of forestry. But it would do. We passed a memorial for a teenager, with three skateboards making a cross. I bowed my head in respect. Getting deeper into the woods I let Ronny down. "Are you okay, man?"
I was nearly out of breath. Which was beyond beqular. I nodded while panting. "Yee, I'll . . I'll be fine."
     "You don't look too good, lack of me, right?" He flashed a grin.
     "Yes, cause everything revolves around you, I forgot."
     "Damn straight."

We walked in silence for a long while, me kinda reading his thoughts. Him gazing at the stars. Even with the smile on his face he thought about what he was going to do to Deej when we got back. Then he started thinking about David. Big, macho David.
     "Do you think David still likes me?"
I sceamed. His question had scared the crap out of me. Then I laughed.
     "Easy there, I was just asking a Q."
     "Sorry, I was, deep in thought. Umm, I'm not sure. He's always like, loved you."
     "Ronny stopped and shook his head. This was news to him. But he kept his cool. "Oh? Well, who could resist alll this. I am, how the French say? Perfect?" His mind was blocked up. Too many things were going through it at once. Just like that one night we stayed up in the hotel, and that was the night I discovered I could peek into peoples dreams.  

He thought back to that night as well, when we watched Trailor Park Boys. When he watched how much Randy and Mr. Lahey must love each other.
     Ronny colasped. Fainted, more like. I picked him up and began to chake him lightly, cooing his name. I could hear his blood pumping. The wind began to speed up. The tree's seemed to bend over me. Testing me, trapping me. I heard a rabit snap a twig in the distance. I snapped as well. I could feel my eyes roll to the back of my head and my mouth begin to water. My throat was so dry, on fire. I looked down at what laid unconscious in my dead hands. My human instincts were screaming. Eventually the wind seemed to yell louder than the voice. Ronny's head fell back, exposing his beautiful, flawless neck.
     I remember when we used to go to all the raves we could afford. And when we left I would show his the 4-5 phone numbers I had gotten and he would crane his neck to both sides and show me all the hickey's he had gotten one way or another. And after we got to my place he would brag about the hickey's he got other places. He always won somehow.

But now he lay here at my mercy. I hadn't fed in, awhile.
Two parts of me were fighting;
The one part reminded me of my vow from earlier: I'll surpress it to my very limit. I wasn't going to lose these guys a third time.
The other side reminded me that they loved me and would want to help thier friend out, right?

A breeze picked up and some kids were walking by, probably out hunting or whatever kids do nowadays. There was three. I had a choice. They were getting closer. I leaped high onto a tall branch, watching them. They were talking about some kid that was going to 'get his face punched in'. I smiled. Arn't they tough. I could probably scare them. If I wanted to . . . and I wanted to. I reached into Ronny's pockets and pulled out a lighter.  

 

© 2009 ThereWasBloodEverywhere


Author's Note

ThereWasBloodEverywhere
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is kind of short? Lol.
I like the concept, it's interesting, but you have some grammer errors like puncuation and run-on sentences. overall though it is really flippin spiffy.
Nice. Well, keep it up.
Have a good rest of the day! :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 12, 2009