Beautiful Darling

Beautiful Darling

A Poem by PinkOtterSquash

You speak so softly to me in a language only we know to be true. The music of your voice liberates my soul and gives my heart wings. You are the most beautiful creature God has ever created and knowing you has made me believe in this dark ominous world around us. Your presence soothes my aching head, flogged with such poisonous memories. You are the melody to my life. And I don’t want to miss a moment of your time here on earth for I know you will do great good to those who deserve it the most. 

As your fingers caress the ivory keys with an aching tenderness, I finally know where I belong. And when you pound out those chords I can feel the room dancing in time with my heartbeat. The passion behind your sad eyes only reaffirms that I’m not the only one to feel as if they are wandering this earth alone, in a blind stagger, always searching for that ultimate truth. We are kindred spirits longing to cling to one another in anticipation for the storm that rages outside every door we’ve ever known. I believe in you and the goodness that lies within you. I see you for who you really are and I so desperately wish you could only see yourself through my eyes. For the flame that burns in you is the warmest I’ve ever felt and you deserve so much more than you allow yourself to feel. Never in my life have I been awestruck the way I am around you. I wish I could feel the world the way you do. 

The reason I can’t get you off my mind is because I’ve glimpsed the magnificent world surrounding you and it feels so safe and so right. Things just aren’t as bright or colorful without you and a reality where you aren’t present makes my very being cry out in anguish against the demons and horrors that plague a person into never experiencing the love they so desperately deserve. I know you’ve loved before but not in the way that you should have. The love you’ve received wasn’t true to it’s very core and the women you’ve known intimately never held you the way you needed to be held. Don’t turn away from me when I look into your eyes and into your soul. You don’t need to hide your fears from me. You’ve been running so long from the pain, the broken bits of your life cutting into your feet with every step. I see past your smokescreen, overwhelmed with doubts and hurt. You are safe here with me. You can stop running.


I see you. 

And you are beautiful darling. 

© 2016 PinkOtterSquash


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on March 22, 2016
Last Updated on March 22, 2016
Tags: love, heartache, passion, longing

Author

PinkOtterSquash
PinkOtterSquash

MN



About
Things I identify with: ADHD paired with lovely crippling anxiety and depression Animals in general... The color pink Alcoholic family members Scorpio ENFP Middle child Oddly optimistic Mo.. more..

Writing
Him Him

A Story by PinkOtterSquash


Cold Cold

A Poem by PinkOtterSquash