Darkness & Light

Darkness & Light

A Poem by Piperjillian

The wizard behind the curtain seems to be not a wizard at all, but a lowly man spinning nonsensical tales, mourning the loss of a soul.

The soul that was but is no more left broken and shattered dreams on the floor, whence from the shards a new life appeared, a life of unknown that the lowly man feared.

Into the darkness he tried to retreat, but alas the demons he realized, were just as much all locked inside.

Figments and fragments tortured his mind, soaking half truthes that no one is kind. Giving him reason upon reason to never again trust, finally wishing his was the soul that had turned into dust.

He thought he was ruined, confined by the dark, self pity, self loathing, life was a question mark. He was convinced that no one would care, he thought he deserved to put himself there.

There was such a person who did give a care, she thought that he could be lifted from there. 

Independence, self reliance, she was sure, would give her the life she envisioned for her.

Something was missing of that was no doubt, but what was the thing she was going without?

Romance was not in the bargain she sought to ensure, just comfort, to be heard, and of feeling secure.

Her worry, her shyness, her backwards way, caused so many others to not want to stay.

Her feelings were caught, her emotions a mess, to her it was as if being caught in a net.

She found for a time to settle her mind she could quiet the rush by just being kind.

Her kindness and caring came upon the lowly soul, who wouldn't know kindness compared to a toll. That toll he was fraught by, not wanting to pay, nor willing to part with his dismay, concerned another ember would fade.

She fanned the flame she lit a spark, she only wanted to brighten the dark, awash with the bright was too much to bear, he wanted to run, to just not be there. He squashed the spark, he doused the flame, the brightness the lightness, brought no heat to the day.

A sigh of relief there seemed to be, though tensions were high, there was a horizon that gleamed.

The brightness that was sought, many thought was just a dream, but there had to be something real it would seem.

Nothing was to come of the tracks in the snow, they were melted away by the rain meant to grow.

The storms had there moment, but then as they are, the memory fades as clouds uncover stars.

Winters passed as seasons go, cycling through as if they know.

She thought she would never hear from him again,she thought that he was in the wind. He said when she answered that he understood if she wanted him to go away he would. She smiled, shaking her head, I'm always here for you she said.

She gave her kindness,compassion and love, only too wary of this strange new world.

Something had changed, it wasn't all or nothing again. Bland and polite it just wasn't right, the air here was stale, no darkness or bright.

Dynamics were changing, it was hard to define, true conversation she could not find.

Where words were the treasure of stories untold she found that she was still not bold. Her stories were faded, this caused duress, she wished she wasn't still such a mess.

Rest, relaxation was what she'd, need, but those were elusive to one with crest nor creed. One day at a time that was all she could spare, hoping one day that a sign would appear.~

© 2015 Piperjillian


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on October 23, 2015
Last Updated on October 23, 2015
Tags: girl, love, nonsense, pain, depression, loss, unknown, darkness, dark, light, bright, care, kind, kindness.comfort, security, feelings, emotions, worry, shy, soul, relaxation, relax

Author

Piperjillian
Piperjillian

About
I am a little self-conscience and prefer to stay mostly anonymous. I would really love positive or constructive critisism of my stories and poems. more..

Writing