Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Nikki-Lee

I heaved a sigh and dropped myself onto the edge of the bed.
I could hear the distant mumble of the TV coming from the lounge room and the occasional chuckle from my husband as he enjoys his delicious serving of glazed spare ribs and roast vegetables with his glass of red from the wine I had been saving for a special occasion.
My beautiful satin gown lay crumpled on the floor in the corner of the bedroom along with my new lingerie which I was going to surprise him with later in the night.
The candles which were earlier creating a romantic flicker on the walls of the dining room had now been extinguished and now the only flickering of light portraying on the walls was now the blue glow of the current crime show with was airing on TV.
I had now showered and wrapped myself in a fresh bath sheet, regretting my plan of a special, romantic evening for the man I married.
‘Such a stupid idea’ I mumbled to myself as I tightened the towel around me and sighed again.
I heard his phone ring shrilly. The TV then went silent and I heard him answer the phone and walk towards the study.
Another business phone call.
I heaved yet another sigh then decided to get up and change into my sleepwear since, after all, I wasn’t going to get anywhere tonight.
I returned my towel to the rail and stared at my naked reflection in the ensuite mirror. Firstly I noticed my slightly bloodshot eyes, red from trying my hardest to supress my tears. My eyes followed to my messy hair which I had hastily tied up when I had stepped into the shower, and then my eyes ran over my body.
Did he perhaps no longer find me attractive any more? We had been married for three years and together for two years before that… had he become bored with me? Did he still love me?
Did I still love him?
No, don’t be silly. I shook my head at such a thought. I’m just upset, that’s all.
I turned from the mirror, grabbed my sleepwear and changed before climbing into bed.
What a horrible night. All that effort, all that planning…..all that hope…
I heard him laugh from the study.
‘Glad he is enjoying himself” I scoffed to myself and curled up into a ball.
It has felt like forever since we had done something romantic as a couple; he is always so busy with work, I hardly see him at all.
I heard him finish up his phone call as his footsteps neared the bedroom. He pushed open the door from its ajar position and walked towards the shower, dropping his phone on his side of the bed.
“So that was my client” he started talking to me, naturally assuming I wasn’t asleep and would be happy to listen “We will be meeting up in a couple of days to discuss some big issues, so I’ve invited him here for dinner.”
I sit upright and look at him. “You’ve invited him here? For dinner?”
Ok, so I was listening, but I wasn’t happy about it.
“Yeah,” he started undressing to step into the shower and gave me a big grin “I know that you will cook a great meal.” He turned on the water and stepped into the shower.
I blinked. Was that a compliment?
“I mean, if you cook a big meal he will be here longer, and the longer he is here, more alcohol I can pour down his throat and the quicker I can close this account.”
Nope. Not a compliment.
He chuckled to himself “He’s such an absolute sucker this guy”
“Oh” I slumped a bit. “Is that so? Well it should be an easy account for you then.” I returned my head to the pillow and closed my eyes. I hated when he brought his work home. It seemed as though he was doing it more and more as of late.
He went quiet as he started focusing on his shower, probably playing over what he will be saying to this client in his mind, making sure his spiel was perfect.
I was drifting off to sleep when he climbed into bed next to me. I felt him slide close to me and my heart jumped slightly.
Tonight may have gone to hell, but this is it. This will make up for everything. Tonight we will have passionate sex and rekindle our love for one another and then he will hold me and-
He squeezed my a*s in what he thought was a loving gesture before rolling over and going to sleep.

I hate this night.


© 2014 Nikki-Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on March 22, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014
Tags: Husband, wife, married life


Author

Nikki-Lee
Nikki-Lee

Writing
Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nikki-Lee