Chapter 2- Dream or Reality?

Chapter 2- Dream or Reality?

A Chapter by Pisceslies

I was laying in bed, so late at night, when I heard a knock on the door. Quickly, I ran downstairs and looked around for some decent clothes to put on. The only thing I could find within reach was the royal blue dress I had worn the day before. It was loose, with no unforgivable zips or buttons. I could slip this over my nightie quicker than anything else. I looked through the peephole and there you were.
I wanted to faint. It felt like all of the blood drained from my body. My heart started beating faster than I'd like to admit. I'm not for sure if it was from anger, nervousness, or excitement. All three of which I denied I had. I opened the door and our eyes met. I felt tears instantly start to come. After so long, you were here. You came back to me.
"Hey"
Thats it? Thats all you had to say? It upset me that you didn't grab me and kiss me at first sight. I retaliated by becoming defensive.
"What are you doing here?" My tone was cold and harsh, yet calm.
The rest of the conversation was a jumble. I don't remember exactly what you said. But I think it went something like this:
"I know you wanted to hear this a long time ago, but you were right"
I crossed my arms and looked away. "Its okay. I got over it"
"How damaged are you?"
"What do you care"
You looked down "You hate me, don't you?"
You sounded and looked so vulnerable. More than I had ever seen you before.
Now, I could have lashed out. Screaming "Yes, I hate you, you abandoned me! You build up my trust and you tore me apart!"
But, if I had to be honest, you could murder me and I wouldn't hate you. I took a deep breath and responded to you as truthfully as I knew how.
"I... felt alot of... emotions when you left. Confusion, abandonment, guilt, and anger. But never hate. Never, ever hate."
"I wouldn't blame you, you know. I'm sorry."
For the first time in months I smiled. I was able to look at you, in your dark black eyes, and I heard what I had been waiting to hear for so long. It made me smile.
You took me outside and led me to your new truck. It was blue, but hard to tell the shade in the dark. It hurt a little not to see you in your mustang. It just didn't seem right. We drove around, in silence. Beautiful silence. It was so wonderful and terrifying just to be sitting next to you again. You took me around the block and back to my house where we sat in your vehicle and talked. I'm not sure how many hours we sat there. Sometimes it felt like it had been years and years since we last talked. We cried, you held my hand. You told me that you missed me. Sometimes it was like I had just seen you yesterday. We joked, and made fun of each other. It was heaven and hell at the same time.
We got out and you started admiring my little red sports car. It was decided between us that we would also be taking her for a spin. I followed almost the same route you did. I detoured just a bit, to make the ride last a little longer. I kept telling myself, 'just a few more minutes with him, I don't want to go home yet'. But unfortunately we were back to my front door all too soon.
You tried to invite yourself in many times. But I guess subconsiously, I was still a little reluctant to just let you back into my life, and my home. We hugged goodbye and kept that pose for a while, neither one wanting to be the first to let go. Oh god, I loved that smell. I forgot how much I had missed it. Nothing fancy, no cologne, just... you. I slowly let you go and looked in your eyes one last time.
"I'll be around" you said.
"You're never coming back" I responded. I'm not even for sure if that was a sarcastic foretelling, or a warning that I wasn't going to fall back into your arms like I had before. I went inside my house and closed the door behind me. Then I woke up in my bed. It was morning. I walked down stairs, and the dress that I had worn was in the same place, untouched.
 Or was it? After all, I hadn't memorized the way I threw it on the floor. Was last night real? or just a dream? There was no way to find out for sure. It wasn't like I could just call you up. It felt real. Oh how I hope it was real. Everything is so blurry, and right on the edge of my memories. Like it happened, and then it didn't.


© 2014 Pisceslies


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014