Nightmares: Khepri Hears All

Nightmares: Khepri Hears All

A Story by Pluviophile
"

(This is story 1 of the Nightmare series.) (The following story is of a true nightmare that the Author experienced one night.)

"
Nightmares. We all have had them and some even detrimental to our lives. However it seems that only some of us are ever able to remember these unpleasant dreams. I am sadly and fortunately one of those people. It's often best that I tell these nightmares the night after having them, unfortunately this one was from a while back so I apologize if I don't remember every detail vividly.
I remember exactly where this particularly thrilling dream started off. I was in a huge open room that seemed to be a level of some sort of skyscraper. The level was rather rich looking in design. The furniture was all white, and there was even a white counter crescent shaped bar with polished white stools in the back of the level. In the front of the level there was what seemed to be a waiting area for anyone. Neatly and organized couches lined up perfect with their pure blank coffee tables. 
In the waiting area of this level, there were what seemed to be about thirty or so teenage boys and girls in a surprisingly organized panic. One of these teens, happened to be myself. I could tell because for whatever odd reason this was a nightmare where I could see myself in a third person point of view. I was located around the right side of the room by a table with what seemed to be an organized group, and a girl that I was very close to. She seemed of Spanish decent. Now this, is where the base of the nightmare ends. (Read the first or second ending)
[Ending 1- Uncontrolled/Non lucid] (Meaning I had no control)
Out of the about 30 worried teens present, it was pretty evenly split gender wise, if not exactly half and half. The half that were male was the half I sadly got stuck with. I don't honestly know who came up with the idea, but some moron thought it be a fantastic plan to take the elevator that takes you to the top of the skyscraper. They were going to do this thinking that it would save them from whatever the threat was in this skyscraper with us. Oh boy how they were wrong.
I was forced to get in this damn right side of the level elevator. The boys all pulled me in as the doors were closing slowly. I remember seeing the poor Spanish girl that I must of been dating on the other side of those closing doors.. She was in tears and begging me not to go. It didn't matter. I got pulled in and the cold steel doors closed. Every boy silent as stone, seeming non human to me as I stood there terrified to what was coming next. Anxiety running through my mind non stop as we ascended, finally reaching the top floor.
For whatever horrible f*****g and idiotic reason, every boy but me ran out of that elevator as soon as the doors were barely open. All of them at once, running and screaming, happy as can be. Apparently thinking their plan had worked and that we were all home free from whatever the threat was. I even saw a few go behind the bar on this top level and start popping corks and smashing wine bottles, causing a lot of noise..
In the entire picture of this scene, I could tell something wasn't right. This probably being due to that I wasn't moving very much and I seemed frightened. Low and behold, I my instinct had been telling the truth. Every boy stopped. Frozen. The room went from sounding of a loud college party to an abandoned grave yard. Then it started. A small and light humming noise, almost like the sound of an elevator coming back up slowly..
It didn't take long at all for every boy to sprint with silence to a hiding spot. What the hell were they thinking with this so much " genius " plan. We were stuck on the top floor and had no way out except that elevator.. or the roof. I myself, ran to hide under the right side of the room's furniture set. More specifically I slid under a white and very low to the ground coffee table, silent.
The doors opened. What happened next is truly something I can only attempt to describe to you, you will possibly never feel the fear and heart stopping emotion that I did. Out crawled on all six legs the evilest looking version of a scarab you could ever see. It was about 7 or 8 feet, hell, possibly even 10 feet tall and was completely charcoal black. The worst part happened next. As it entered the room slowly and menacingly, it had a deep and mellow toned laugh that made me shrivel up into a fetal position under that table. 
There was a slight noise behind the bar where I had seen two boys hide before the doors open. I figured that one of the must of pushed over a glass or something to make the slightest noise.. and then the scarab said something in a " you're not going to make it out of here alive " way.
" You know, you shouldn't be making all this noise... I can hear every..little....breath...every... little.. step... you.... make. Aha ha, ha, ha , ha ha. "

His voice was bold and confident to where I knew If I even made one slip up, I was f*****g dead. That wasn't the case though sadly... On the side of the elevator and behind one of the couches close to me, there was a photo booth. Why a photo booth? Beats the hell out of me. I remember though, a small boy running in there to hide as fast as he could. He had been one of the boys that looked like while everyone else was messing around, terrified and stone walled. 
This boy had fucked up royally and I couldn't help but cover my mouth to hold back the sad little moans I was making from knowing what was to happen next. And surely it did slowly. Turning quick from the direction he was heading, the scarab crawled over the couch, over the table I was under, and my heart stopped for a good three seconds as he did this. After crawling over the last couch before the photo booth, I saw the scarab open the current and heard him say these words.
" Ah HA. Little boy shouldn't of been crying AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "

This was the saddest part of the whole first ending experience. The boy cried but only for about 2 seconds before I heard flesh being ripped and a quick scream turning into gurgling of blood... my body had gone from wanting to cry to wanting to give up. I sat there coldly and unable to think or move. I had just heard a young boys gruesome death that I thought I'd never forget. 
The scarab, apparently satisfied with his meal.. entered the elevator again and descended to who knows where. This is where the dream didn't make sense to me.. It skipped right into the last scene of this first ending. It was myself, and a girl from my elementary school days, on top of the roof. She was very scared so I told her to try meditating while I'd work on getting us saved. My plan from what I remember was to throw a wine bottle with a note reading S.O.S over the side of the building. Hoping it would land and break making someone notice it, and if we were lucky, read the damn note. After I throw the bottle over the edge, I wake up for the first time from the nightmare.
[Ending 2- Controlled/Lucid]
After having such an awful nightmare, I woke up rather happy and comfy in my parents bed, remember that I'd passed out on it since my bed was unavailable that night. I remember getting up to get some breakfast, but then still being extremely tired, heading back to bed almost 10 minutes after awakening.
As I was drifting to sleep, I had the weirdest thought I usually never have. There it was though, and it was something along the lines of this:
" This time around, we're gonna have it end my way *soft laughter* "

Surprisingly enough.. I was back at the beginning of the dream. However things seemed SO much different. I was honestly a little startled when I noticed that I had conscience and control over my actions in the dream... I was still in a third person view at first, but I was confused to how I knew that I was there and that I could control the situation and story at my will. The power felt amazing and I used it the way I knew would get me a better ending..
The way it started off this time was slightly different as well. The setting and theme of the level we were on looked entirely the same, but this time I was with an organized group of six. On the left side was myself, the Spanish girl I was supposedly dating in this dream, and some random chick. On the right, there was two males and female. One of the males seemed to work really well with me for whatever reason.
On the table in front of us, we had a map. It must of been a map of the building, because I remember making myself point at it, and then having the Spanish girlfriend look at me smiling. I told them our plan was to take the left elevator this time, since I myself knew the right one was to end in possible death and a horrid show.
Now. Listen closely because I don't want anyone getting confused to this part. I'm still rather interested in it myself to this day. As all six of us entered the left elevator, I remember seeing across the room to the other elevator. The doors on ours closed just as slowly so I got a perfect view of what must of been DREAM CEPTION. No but seriously, I saw a boy that looked unclear, reaching out to what seemed from behind, a really upset girl. How f*****g crazy and neat is that? I experienced seeing that since I knew of it I guess.
Anyway, back to the second ending. As the doors shut, I knew that Khepri had to of been on his way up to the top floor. By knowing this, I told the other five that we had time to take off our shoes, praying that by doing so, we'd lessen our chances of making noise. Our elevator seemed to take forever to reach the bottom lobby, but it finally did. 
Now you gotta remember, as we're reaching the bottom floor, that poor boy upstairs is probably getting eaten and the scarab is probably distracted. Anyhow, the doors opened slowly and stayed open. Possibly from one of the other five holding the " Open " button on the panel. Just as we had planned, we used sign language as if we were navy seals to tell each other who's to go first with their group. Two groups of 3, one would head to the farthest side and hide behind an oval looking plant holder, and the other team would hide behind the closer one. 
I remember signaling intensely for his team to go first.. it was strange because sense I had control over the dream, I had control over the feeling. I could feel myself worried about my two girls on my team, more for the Spanish girlfriend. Since I had this worriment, I made his team go first out of the elevator. They successfully reached their hiding spot. We went next slowly tip toeing to our position. All was going to plan perfectly.
Then I remember it. I had control over making this happen. I guess my mind was thinking " everything is going to smooth, let's give ourselves a challenge. " With that thought, the humming noise of the elevator moving was getting loud and louder ever so f*****g slowly..  I made his team go first through the revolving front entrance doors. He was smart and made them all get into one individual section of the doors so they'd all get out quicker just in case. I remember making his character make THEM do that. Freaky.
Then our turn came, we quickly sprinted for the revolving doors this time however. We did so because as we were getting out of the building... I swore I saw him smirking through the crack of opening elevator doors. Laughing softly knowing he was defeated by me this time. This is the end to the second ending.
-----------------------------------------------
Theory of mine: Alright guys, so this is assuming you've read both endings to the nightmare. Right? Yea. Good. So basically you remember how I threw a bottle over the side of the building in the first ending? I had this crazy theory that, WHAT IF, from throwing that bottle over the edge in the first dream, when it landed, it made noise for kephri to leave the top level and come down to us in the second ending!?
-----------------------------------------------
Authors Note: If you ask me, this was one hell of an experience and thrilling nightmare for me. Possibly the first time I'd ever lucid dreamed and I hope you enjoyed my sharing of this experience :)

© 2016 Pluviophile


Author's Note

Pluviophile
[Nightmares is a series I've created that will allow me to share true nightmares I've had in the past, and of the ones to come in the future.]
[The Story has TWO endings]
[I hope you enjoy it and please ignore any grammar problems.]
[Keep in mind this was a personal experience, so don't be judgmental pricks about it please <3]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on September 24, 2016
Last Updated on September 24, 2016
Tags: Nightmares, thriller, first person, monster, god, evil, dream

Author

Pluviophile
Pluviophile

About
Heya! Firstly, I guess I'd better introduce myself. My online name or handle is Pluviphile and I'ma streamer on twitch (However there's tons of varions of this name) If you'd like, you can just call m.. more..

Writing