Chapter One: "Delusional"

Chapter One: "Delusional"

A Chapter by Christoph Poe

Anamolia

Chapter One: "

The first year of four began on a microsecond. The crossing streets beamed of neon lights, flashing and dimming as machines slowed the time, and we, my people, were capable of witnessing the vibrant numbers pass illuminated across the Capital city.

.000002

.000001

.000000

Our ancestors celebrated the dawn of the New Years, but that was a time when the Sun still thrived--still heated our human bodies, and I watched those numbers pass as if they were the sun--as if they emitted light or hope.

"Miles, are you okay?"

My twin sister placed her hand across the polished aluminum table and on my wrist. My gaze was hardly interrupted, though she'd be the only one that'd see any hint of it if I had shown any.

I pulled my wrist against my chest, and crossed my arms, the crowds cheering, drinking their bubbly drinks in celebration of...nothing.

"I'm fine, just bored."

Above the capital tower, the numbers sped back to hyper speeds--time traveling as it was into the future. Time was simply an illusion, I thought, a measurement of life that came from our ancient ancestors.

She heaved a breath. "I should have known you'd get bored. Does nothing excite you anymore?"

I should have said nothing. My eyes rolled as I peered down the balcony onto a silver street, technometric ribbons and graffiti streaming across the crowds, floating through bodies before they finally disintegrated. There was never a mess to clean.

"Fly Racing excites me," I spoke in the dullest damn voice I could find, my head resting on my propped arm.

Her husbands voice came. "Should I even acknowledge your sarcasm?"

(To be continued)


© 2013 Christoph Poe


Author's Note

Christoph Poe
So I'm slapping this together to see where it takes me. I have a brief idea for a four book installment, but first I need to see if it has any potential, initially, before I waste too much time on it. Feel free to be blunt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013
Tags: God, religious, time, travel, future, futuristic, millions, years, new, twins, sister, meeting, beginning


Author

Christoph Poe
Christoph Poe

Tuscaloosa , AL



About
(I got this!) My name is Christoph and I'm from backwoods Alabama. It's really boring here, but the scenery is always gorgeous! I can't complain because its probably this environment that's brough.. more..

Writing
RECOIL RECOIL

A Poem by Christoph Poe


Hallow Hallow

A Poem by Christoph Poe