"Emo Girl"

"Emo Girl"

A Poem by PoeT4994
"

Started with the line "She has a face like bleeding mascara." It just took off from there. And I felt I would throw a message, that is personal to me, in there.

"
She has a face, like bleeding mascara.
But a little darker.
She's that chick in the back doodling, jamming "Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me ."
That black nail polish that shows her personality oh so well.
Those eyes, that shine like D-days.
Glazed over with ashes from all the times she's burnt herself to bits on the inside.
Flipping a razor blade in-between her fingers like poker chips.
Her arms look a little something like war torn streets in the ghettos of Poland.
She crawls, just on the edge of self-hatred, and thinking she's too real for the people around her.
That girl, standing at cross roads every waking moment of her life.
Confused, shaken, looking for a split second of clarity amongst the heaps of old memories junking up in the corner of her frowns.
Her lips, taste like tears and bitter thoughts.
Chapped finger tips, breaking braille across her skin.
Writing bibles on her upper thighs, because every time she's tried to let a guy make her feel whole again, she wanted him to think that she was something holy, something worthy of more than what's about to happen.
She has nightmares knotted in her makeshift dreads.
Screaming into the depths of her roots.
She is in pain.
And just needs someone to see her.
To REALLY see her.
Bright, like lightning bugs shooting roman candles into streetlights.
To see her mind, and know it's like sparks beating the crap out of light-bulbs that float above her head.
So that they keep on running.
She has a heart, like never ending waterfalls pouring into my hands.
She has a smile, like rainbows.
If you stick around long enough to see the end, you'll find something worth your while.
The girl in the tattered converses and soul to match, I'm waiting.
I'm here, with arms waiting for you to accept someone else.
I know, you have intelligence that can speak distances outstretching canvases of highways.
Footprints make masterpieces.
And I know, that you're not crazy, you're just too real to comprehend.
To that guy, who has a passion for that girl, like hearts gasping for second breaths that have been mocking them ever so tediously.
Be there for her.
You never know when she'll give in to what real love is.
Because she needs it.
So many of these girls go unnoticed.
Disregarded like waste baskets.
Half thought about, and a portion even smaller cared about.
I know what you feel.
Jamming to
"Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe."
Blast that music girl.
Blast soundtracks into your soul.
Carry theme songs with you where ever you go.
Break sunrises over your bed.
Hold moonlight slivers over your head, and cry.
I know what it's like.
Bleed, bleed till I HAVE to hold you up.
Till your legs wobble like old roller-coasters that no ones visited in years.
Break down your walls, one rusty teddy bear at a time.
Lift your hands towards the God you don't believe in and shout acceptance of his name.
Shout acceptance of my name.
There's something higher than this.
Something called life.
Live it.
Breath it.
Breath me.
Breath us, and smell what strength feels like.
We will hold trains back, with this immovable force we carry in our pockets called trust.
We will take all that alcohol you've drank, and grease runways with them, so when people come crashing down from their mile high thought processes, they'll really hit home hard.
All those pills jingling in your stomach like rejected Christmas presents, we'll throw them at Father Time, and tell him that you still have another 80 years in this world.
Take my hand.
And skip till your feet sing "Breath Me".
Hug me, till you cry from joy.
She has a face, like angels clapping.
And to this girl, I just want to say, somebody cares.

© 2010 PoeT4994


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoy your use of language. It had my attention captive the whole way. Your way of words is just something. The truth but subtle. I like the way you create :)
Emotional yet descriptive.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel like I've heard this before..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you did a great job describing the stereotypical "emo" girl, and the fact that you used the song breathe me by sia just made it a whole lot more fun to read :) you did an amazing job capturing all the feeling and emotions that you wanted to portray, and i really enjoyed reading it :D

on a side note, one line that you wrote,
"The girl in the tattered converses and soul to match, I'm waiting.
I'm here, with arms waiting for you to accept someone else."
in every book, poem, or story that i read, theres always some shattered souled, forgotten girl with a heart of gold, with some guy waiting for someone just like that to hold in their arms. but ive decided that in real life, its not like that. the only "emo" girls that get guys are the hot and slightly whiny annoying girls that like to complain about their "problems" and stupid guys fall for it because the chick is kinda cute and i guess it makes them feel like theyve got "emo love" (which alot of the stupid teenagers i know like to talk about) , but then it only lasts for about a month then they move on. and the girls that are really hurting inside and all they need is someone by their side, just fake it and pretend that nothings wrong, and no one pays attention to them cuz they come off as just too plain or really obnoxious, all because they are just trying to cover up how lonely they really are.

buttttttt sorryyyyyy for ranting like that, hahaha it just happens sometimes and i hope it didnt bother you. and dont take it that i didnt like or am harshly critisizing you poem, cuz im not, i really liked it. anywayzz im gonna end this probably too long review haha. great write :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


WONDERFUL!
One of the best! EMO girl, interesting topic to write about, easy to judge a book by its cover! Its whats in the inside that counts!
Excellent
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4442 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..