"Where Are We Now?"

"Where Are We Now?"

A Poem by PoeT4994
"

A take on the way the world runs.

"
This is where we are.
Greed and lust, our sinful rapture.
Hell embodied and captured under one name.
Humanity.
An abutment of follow media, structure to worldly conformity.
Kill yourselves day by day.
I see angels dying when we speak.
Our vocabulary is like cyanide.
Every cuss word is like another plucked feather, I myself have taken hundreds of angels out of the sky in a day.
Standing up to Bishops like corrupted authorities.
Who are we?!
To beat down the words embedded in our footsteps.
The same verses that lead us to where we are now.
Where we are now...
a nation of souls hocked up on brimstone and broken halos.
We inject Psalms into our veins, hoping the dust will clear once we get to Heaven.
But you can't party on Saturday and get right with God on Sunday.
It don't work that way.
"Yay, do I walk through the valley of the shadows of death,
I shall fear no evil for you are with me;"
Does not apply when you choose to live amongst the darkness.
And choose to be a lost demon within yourself.
Tell me, is this your idea of Heaven.
Because I sure ain't seeing it.
I hope the Calling is a lot more than crack pipes and sex fiends.
The Messiah won't be found in the barrel of a gun.
Or in the bottom of a beer bottle.
And I really don't think you are going to find any hint of Jesus in the back of a box of condoms.
So tell me...do you see the crossroads we are at?!
Standing here looking stupid, halos hanging from our necks like pendants, nominalization hanging from our skin like tattoos screaming our past.
You can't tell me we live for God when we try to find religion on the backs of the Devil's wings.
We are monsters, trying to pass off the way we are as a mental disability, as if it would make God go "Oh, well I guess they don't know any better, let 'em in."
Are you serious?!
I see ashes falling, all around us, making things darker every day.
I know they are there, because I contribute to the burnt scrolls lynching God by his own crown.
When will we change?
Please, tell me.
When will we change?
Because it's been a long time coming.
And we still scower this earth trying to find bibles in the shallow end of every unturned rock.
We fall...
to a ground too harsh to cry on.
I sure hope we weren't created in God's image, because where we are...I'd be sickened to look him in the eyes.
You can live with you eyes wide closed, or die with your eyes wide open, the choice is yours.
I've been trying to pry my lids open for a while.
The sun is starting to peak through.
The son, is starting to peak through.
And He has a face like roses.
And a voice like symphonies on a child's back.
He talks to me through his hands.
And tells me everything is OK.
I don't trust him.
I've seen the way we live.
And this world is like a person, wearing holy badly.
Crosses are signs of riches, Christianity has become a fad, and the commandments are recited as leverage.
Where are we now?
Open your ears and you will hear the thousands of falling angels crying out for help, asking why we did this to them.
Why we took their holy for granted.
And when you look around, you will find, we are standing in a pit too big to climb out of, decked out in flames and torture.
This is the beginning of the apocalypse.
And if you pay close enough attention, you'll see, we are burning souls clad with sins like patterns of fashion, melting against a canvas of mismatched decisions, and God is in the background, shaking his head.



© 2010 PoeT4994


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is a powerful write that i must say i agree with you wholeheartedly on. There is so much going on in this world and a lot of people choose to just walk around with their eyes closed. I loved this. The passion, the concern, everything was perfect. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is a powerful write that i must say i agree with you wholeheartedly on. There is so much going on in this world and a lot of people choose to just walk around with their eyes closed. I loved this. The passion, the concern, everything was perfect. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful!
I particularly like the fact that you have longer lines to this! A lot of people do not like longer lines in poetry, I personally do! lol
Awesome write
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010