To be Or Not to be

To be Or Not to be

A Poem by PoeT4994

To be or not to be?

That is the question.

To be is to live out your existence.

Not to be is to simply exist.

But to be means you are what you are.

But to not be means you ARE being something other than what you are not being.

Things can only be what they are.

If they could be what they aren’t they wouldn’t be being what they aren’t they’d be being what they are.

So the question isn’t to be or not to be.

The question is to be or to be something else.

But no matter what you are still being.

Know this.

Know that no matter what you are a miracle.

Dr. Manhattan of The Watchmen said

In each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive, meeting, siring this precise son; that exact daughter…until your mother loves a man …and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you…(it’s) like turning air to gold…thermodynamic miracle.

To be or not to be?

This world does not have its head on straight for it views this phrase all wrong.

The question seems flawless to most, and here’s why…

Because so many people try so hard to be what they are not.

To be or not to be is a question worth being only because you’re too busy being what you aren’t to realize what you are even if you can only be what you are as opposed to not being what you are which would be being what you aren’t.

Which is impossible.

To be-lieve or not to be-lieve?

That is the real question.

Because it’s not a matter of being or not being, it’s a matter of believing that you are what you are, or believing that you are what you aren’t.

© 2011 PoeT4994


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 21, 2011