Media

Media

A Poem by Fay

The media was a way to bring the world that spun around us under a tiled roof top and condensed into a 16 by 12 box. Sports was on channel eight, news in the mornings, and entertainment on at every hour. It acted like glue amongst families, sticking them together better then a tub of Elmer's glue. The media opened hearts and tugged at heart strings. It educated us about global warming and the poverty in mid Africanain countires .it presented us with our presidents view on Israel's struggles ,and the weather for the next week.Over time the media transformed from a vessel that reflected the world,into the world itself.the media decided creating the news was funner then reporting it .social media became an obssesive disorder and entertainment that served as a dessert after a long day of hard work,became the three course meal that people spend their entire day watching .

Enjoying the media is not shunned.watch your history channel, and please enjoy the soap operas.but that has become the only entertainment that people know of, what happened to hobbies? What happened to sports?to family time that didn't consist of sitting around a couch ,eyes sewed tight to a bunch of puppets.? Where did the real entertainment go,the karate classes, the picnics in the park,and book clubs.all sects of various activities have bin washed away like abandoned shells at shore,because the media has seized the title as ultimate entertainment . Studies state that before 2005 use of the television was 40% lower then now.poeple spend 4-8 hours on a average work day watching television. Now that's a mass amount of time to spend sitting lifeless on a couch staring at a screen,
Aside for the media abducting the hours of ones Day that could be spent stimulating the mind ,the media influences us immensely.what one sees on television creeps into their mind and comes out to play in their day to day life.
Ask yourself these questions ..
Do you ever "just try out " the awesomely highly dangerous stunt ,from that werewolf movie you watched? Do you just NEED that sparkly bag that the movie actress was flaunting? Do you find yourself in a braided bun that your favorite supermodel rocked! Have you ever attempted to walk model-like in an attempt to imitate those ramp models in fashion shows? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then that is the media sneaking into your calendar and telling you exactly what to do.influencing you,and NOt for the better.

The media affects the way we act and think. It has a profound influence on the behavior of its audience .
influence is inspiring ,only when it comes from a reliable and trusted source,but When people try to imitate something they had seen or heard, are they capable enough to distinguish between right from wrong? Teenagers imitate their role models like blind mice following the stench of spoiled cheese. The media entertainment industry highlights the vulgar and fractious acts of these celebrities whom the young people idolize. because they are heroes in the youth’s minds, they are still celebrated despite the bad behavior they have been showing to the public. People now believe that cheating on a spouse or divorcing because "the spark just isn't there" is acceptable,since their ' friends' on the media are doing it and like evrything else on the media,they are romanticizeimh it. high school children are having intercourse before they have even fully developed,because in the movies they watch ,they teach them that if you love someone you make love to them.
it is highly unlikely that you love this boy you met two weeks ago,so please put your shirt back on and play with your barbies.
Another negative influence of media is eating disorders. A significant number of youth nowadays are suffering from eating disorders attributable to the flawless characters they see on the media,.the characters that are airbrushed,starved ,and situated in the right lights and angles to look as thin and beautiful as they can.
The youth view them and are conned to think that this is beauty since these characters are the desired ones.they starve and binge and starve once agian,so they can resemble the unaitable beauty of the media. The steady rise in eating disorder amongst teenagers are a direct effect of the media.
Televison is readily available to children, switch the channel and their half way into a rated r movie. they end up watching and learning things, which are not suitable for their age. They get exposed to indecency and inappropriate acts. They become wrapped up in a different world�"a world of fantasy.Their mind is exposed to filth at a young age altering their view on the world in a corrupt manner
changes in the behavior and outlook towards life are attributable to the negative psychological effects of media. Changes in cultural religios and moral values have been observed. Many people believe that what is depicted by the media is true,just, and the very best option out there , this alters their judgment and causes altercations.they view a Christmas episode edition and the egg nog and sleigdeers whisper the utopia of catholic life ,scrubbing away their beliefs in Judaism.
Source: the mirror effect by Drew Pinsky
media effects and society by relize berth m Peres
ETTII book
The media used to be the bird that loyally delivered the letter to the people.now it has become the wild goose that chops up the paper, dips it in die, and then shoves it down our throats.
So,eti,es they don't get the letter from the source.amd the foolishly fabricate their own fables. And throw it into our waiting arms.
they feed us spam letters when essentially we need the medical bills and the notes from the old friend.
The media morphs suidide to murders
Custody to abductiom.
Amd divorce into blood. Battles
The media acted as a channel to tell the people occurring events in the world,and we then retrieve this information and form our opinion like putty .
But FOx,CNN,NBC and ABC vent to their channels placing already sculpted putty into our hands. The news they deliver have bin embellished with opinionated details. There is one event,but multiple different stories. The media was supposed to be the fourth branch of government,the unwritten one.where their job was to keep track of what the other three were doing and report it to the people,so the citizens can judge it accordingly.now all we have is a media with an opinion,amd a habit for creating the news instead of reporting it.
(Jessica Ventura)
The media reports false hood,
FOX,CNN and NBC, spent two hours reporting an arrest with complex erroneous details .just in order to be the first one to report it and maintain the most viewers.
Throughout the day they changed the details .the FBI were enraged and condemned the media for doing this. The rush to be the first to report the event ,has so thoroughly swallowed up the principle of being right.
(New York times)

Aside for erroneous details on arrests, the media is responsible for mass misconception amongst american citizens.there is a widespread belief that Americans under 50 years old fear .they are never going to see their security benefits.the chances of this happening is as close to 0 as the number .00001
and that's pretty close to 0.
The media could correct this false popular belief by merely insterting a few undisputed facts about social security whilst reporting FAKE statements from politicians and interests groups.
"Social security is more financially sound than it has bin throughout most of its 71 year history "
There you go fox.
(Mark weisbred)
Aside for the false information they spoon us .the media also does not give us the news that is vital for us to hear.News is only considered news when reported .a deathly disease in Nigeria could be plaguing 90% of the population?but if ABC decides that Justin Beibers bangs are more important,we are not informed about it,the news is not reported ,and is therefor not considered news.
There can be a civil war in New Zealand,a roaming t-Rex in Columbia university, and a rare dandelion discovered in kamakatchka that cures leukemia.but if it is decided to not run the story,the story shrivels on the vine ,dying long before it can be called news.
Flip through the news channels .they all have different heads and different sets behind them,but are babbling off identical news.they report the same things in order to maintain viewers .if fox is reporting something ,NBC must say it too.
They view the news channel as some entertaining talent show,a competitive race for the biggest audience.
They have the lives of six billion people in their palms, and they ALL decide to speak of Kim kardashiams s nose jobs, while their are monarchs in North Korea starving children.
(Craig gunn)
The media is magic. The entire plane earth all condensed into one screen. It is also toxic,the way the entertainment abducts your mind without you even knowing, influencing your opinions and mindset .and the news giving us all the wrong information. Although it is enticing one. Must know the dangers of the media and take caution while watching it.

© 2015 Fay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015

Author

Fay
Fay

Writing
Mis carried Mis carried

A Poem by Fay


Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Fay


Painted home Painted home

A Poem by Fay