Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Latrice Young

There she was, standing in her usual place as she did every morning, watching the sunrise from her front porch. A beautiful site to wake up to I suppose. She never changed her routine.. The same thing every morning, Her first cup of coffee she drank while reading her magazine on the front porch, All bundled up in her warm flower printed robe. The dog max laid next to her feet as usual, unless he saw a squirrel running by he'd run after it. My morning also started as normal. Shower, breakfast, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, going to work. The same routine as any other day. About 7:30 I made sure to feed Whiskers, turned off all the lights and headed to my car.  A sudden scream burst through the morning air. I looked around to see where the scream was coming from, until I heard it again. Realizing that it was my neighbor screaming I quickly ran over to see what had happened. I quickly yelled "Hello?..Is everything ok?" Then I heard the scream again. "Hello...Are you alright" I yelled once more. "Come in, come in" a sweet innocent voice cried back. I walked into the house hoping i wouldn't see a dead body on the floor. There she was, standing on top of the chair, pointing to the spider that had apparently taken over her kitchen floor. "Please, can you please kill it or pick it up and put it outside, I hate spiders, please.." I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. The thought of someone screaming at the top of their lungs over a spider that you could  barely see. "It's ok, its ok, I have this under control." Grabbing a piece of paper towel I smashed the spider to its death. "Thank god, I thought I'd die" She said as she stepped down from the chair. "You screamed so loud, I thought someone was hurting you or worse" "I'm sorry if I scared you, Its just I hate spiders" "You must hate spiders pretty bad to scream like you did" "Again I apologize, I'm Naomi, its nice to meet you" "Brandon..It's nice to meet you as well." "Well...this is a little awkward" "Yeah it is" I smiled, looking around trying not to make it as awkward as it felt. "Um.. So I better get going, I have to be at work in 20 minutes" "Yeah..right ok...I'm sorry if I scared you" she replied while walking me to the front door. "Its ok , I'm just glad your ok."  "Thank you Brandon for coming to my rescue" A smile slowly formed through her lips. "No problem Naomi, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day." As I walked out the front door, I knew from this moment on I had to have her.


© 2021 Latrice Young


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on May 26, 2021
Last Updated on May 26, 2021


Author

Latrice  Young
Latrice Young

Phelan, CA



About
Hey Everyone, I want to thank you for stopping by. Let's see what can I share with you all about myself..Well I am an introvert by nature, I kinda live in my mind a lot, I do come out of my world at t.. more..

Writing