Dear Me......

Dear Me......

A Poem by Yellow Butterfly


























Dear Me!

It’s been a while since I wrote to myself and wondered how I was doing.  I’ve been so busy with this and that I can’t seem to stop for anything.  I was wondering how I’m enjoying my time spending with friends and family.  Have I been so busy that I haven’t really had time for me? How can it be that I am as busy as I am, never know when to say no? I was wondering how I can help myself to slow down and to let go.  Letting go of all the trivial things I seem to be getting involved with from friends upsets to listening about problems put upon me by work colleagues too. Do I have any ideas I wonder, I could just pretend to be busy, would you?  

 

Oh me, it’s been refreshing telling you what you already know.  I’ve come to a conclusion about all other peoples problems, I have to start saying no.  It’s not that I’m not going to be around to help them anymore.  I’m just going to spend more time for me and do the things I adore.

 

Thank you Me for taking some time and reading my thoughts, sometimes life throws us out of sorts.   I’ll be in touch to let you know how I’m doing. For now I take resolute in knowing I’m back in touch with my passion and thats my writing.

 

Yours knowingly

 

ME!

 

© 2012 Yellow Butterfly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great idea, I wonder if I'd just confuse myself further....smiling here, muchly enjoyed! :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I wonder if you will reply...great idea..well executed.....had ME smiling

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we all go through this stage of life where we stop writing we start considering the mundane trifles of life to be some kinda irrefutable importance , we need to slow down during those times and remember we don't live for others all the time we do need some solitude , good write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is always good to keep in-touch with yourself, i like this very much! :) Well done!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thoughts in are heads and feeling in our hearts don't really come to life until we breathe them out and them life.
You have made my morning

Posted 12 Years Ago


Me me me me!... just for a change. Well done here... your poetry is expanding.
*bird*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good to write to yourself. I write poetry and important things in books for 36 years now. These book are reminders of who I was and where I was trying to go. I like the purpose of the letter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can understand this. It's hard to put yourself first and help your loved ones at the same time. Still put yourself first. I'm sure your dear ones will understand you & try not to come in your way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


We do get too busy in life and forget to slow down and enjoy that moments. This is a great way to make yourself look at what is going on and how to slow down and do the things you love to do. This is creative and refreshing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is so personal. I can identify with your internal struggles and attempts to put yourself first

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Me Love Me

A Poem by Kat Wildd