Mighty Chapter 1

Mighty Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabs

A little girl skipped behind her father's big steps deep into the forest early in the morning. They were going through a twisting path lined with trees that disapeared into the canopy of purple leaves. Cranning her head up, she starred at the canopy overhead with her large dark eyes, sure that it continue endlessly overhead because it let in only strings of light of the white sun on the hot day. Under the leaves it was cool and peaceful unlike the town she was in before. She loved coming into the pretty forest where heavy steps led to a rain of dew. 
She loved memorizing the different paths her dad took, escaping that scorching hot town where the patchy roofs left her squinting in her own house and the snotty people who threatened anyone for money with their ugly magical creatures. Averie watched the path they took. They went past the stripy rock,  took two turns, jumped past the knoty tree, changed path, through the long flowers, then looking up to the snap of a white twig she thought Yay! Today we are taking birch path. She looked up inhaling the clean air, thinking about the skinny white trees that burned fiery colours at the top, and the red and white animals that have adapted to that part of the forest. "Averie!" her dad called. She turned around unaware that she passed her dad. "We are going through a new path today!" he smiled widely as Averie's surprised look turned into excitment, the corners of her smile touching her ears. He quietly went through thick underbush, leaving a small dent where she dove into.
Fighting her way through the vines and leaves, she came to a little clearing still under the bushes. Her dad on his  knees crawled forward and beckoned her to follow.  They travelled in the little underpass for a little while longer , sometimes going through another prickly barrier of bushes to reach another hole. "Where are we going daddy?" Avrie asked inpatient to see what will be on the other side. "Look at these purple flowers" he responded touching the roof and walls of the underpass. "Daddy!!!" Averie laughed. Her dad always found a way to make her so curious. "There is a surprise for you on the other side :3" he said. "Now hurry up!" 
Picking up her pace, Averie followed her father for what seemed like hours taking in the beautiful flowers that glowed in the dark, guiding them to their destination and eating berries that grew under here. "Don't eat too many berries, or your stomach will glow for 2 days!" her father said patting his belly."Experience doesn't lie". Averie laughed.
They arrived at a clearing where the bush was hollow enough for her dad to stand up. "Now do everything I do, and follow everything I tell you ight?" "kk" she responded. Taking a couple steps back, her father sprinted to the wall covered in blue flowers and jumped right before dissapearing into the petals. Averie sprinted right after her dad. "Now grab the blue vine and don't let go!" he shouted. Her tiny hand shot forward to grab the closest one, and she felt the floor underneath her give away and butterflies filled her stomach. She glided forward fast, breaking through the last bit of leaves and gasped.
What she saw was breath taking. She was gliding down a small cliff that surrounded a field that stretched farther than she could see. She ate many carrots so she thought her eye sight was pretty good. But slowing down, she could see that what she thought was grass was actually treetops. Amazed at the beauty, she stretched her legs so that she could touch the tip of the tallest one with her second toe. The sunlight here poured itself over everything, and she felt its warm kiss on her face and back. She closed her eyes to feel the air slipping off her face, listening to the creatures of the trees sing their song. Re-opening them she saw to the side, a thin waterfall that seemed to trickle down the side of the cliff walls and up ahead another cliff. Flying creatures dwelled here. Shapes and shadows of all different sizes passed over head and glided off the walls.
Averie saw her father slow down up ahead so that she could catch up. "what you think little red?"  he asked. "Its so pretty!" she exclaimed. Her dad chuckled. "when i first brought your mother here, she said the same thing, after screaming about how she could of died and so on. But she wouldn't have, the trees would break your fall." he winked. "We're goin to land soon, right there on that clearing". he said pointing. Averie looked around once more. "Now....JUMP"
They landed on their faces in the soft pale grass. On their backs, Averie stared at the endless sky that starred back with cool blue eyes, the medium breeze clearing her mind. There were almost no clouds, but the few that were humongus. "What is this place" she asked. Her dad paused. " To be honest, I don't know. Your fa--Grandfather showed me this place a long time ago. Its always changing but at the same time never does. We use to race down those ___lines."he smiled. " he let go too early once and hung on to the top of those trees like a polar bear on ice".  The vines that had stopped a bit further away and to Averies amazement, started making their way back to the other cliff. "How are we going to get back?" she asked. Pointing to a nearby tree, she saw more hang gliding things attached to the very tops.."You ready to go to your surprise?" her father asked. "There's more!" Averie said jumping up. "Ye, but before we move on come here and take a look." her father guestured closer to the edge of the cliff.
Looking over the cliff, Averie got a better look at the part of the forest that had just crossed.


© 2012 Sabs


Author's Note

Sabs
not done yet sorry but please tell me what you think so far!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on June 14, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012


Author

Sabs
Sabs

Special Beach, Canada



Writing