Athena

Athena

A Chapter by Angel
"

Athena's beginning.

"

 The drive was long and tedious. My back ached and my stomach growled after hours of being on the road. I pulled into the nearest gas station and got out. My hip-length, brown hair blew in the wind. I brushed it out of my face, annoyed with nature.

The sun was beaming down through the thick clouds. I sighed, finally standing felt so good. And I had made it to the small town my store was being built in. Calumet, Michigan.

I had a few more miles before I made it to my new apartment complex. Which was smaller than my old one in Texas, but big enough for me to live in. Sunshine Apartments is close to my store and apparently the oldest shop there is called Quick Fix. Which is also only a couple of miles away.

I quickly got gas and a soda, which the Michigan people call pop. Weird. And a snack.

I got back in my small car and drove to where my map said my new apartment would be. I got there at 5 pm, parking in one of the only empty spots left. I found my apartment after a couple of minutes of walking around and unlocked it with the new flower-covered key I made. The door opened silently, revealing my beautiful new home.

I thought of all the things I would have to do tomorrow, which included getting my oil changed, yikes, and buying groceries. My fridge was painstakingly empty and my stomach was as well.

I set down my bags and went off to the bathroom to take a shower. The bathroom had beautiful white tiles and a cute heart-shaped mirror. I played some soft music, R&B of course, and showered for the first time in my new apartment.

After my shower, I ordered some pizza and sat on the floor. My laptop sat on my lap as I wrote an email to my best friend, Xavier. I told him about the town and my apartment. I gave him all the information and clicked send. He would need to know that since he’s bringing my stuff in the moving van in a couple of days.

I checked the time and started getting ready for bed. My bed was there a couple of days prior to my coming, so I only had to make it.

I meddled about boredly, walking around and humming until I heard the soft roar of an engine that may work a little too hard coming closer.

I curiously went out to my car and pretended to get my boxes of pillows and blankets. I pulled out my phone, standing at the open door. I sat there mindlessly scrolling until I heard a throat clearing. I jumped, looking up into the most beautiful brown eyes I’d ever seen.

He was handsome, his long hair crimped as if it had been in a ponytail for hours. His lips were plump and seemed to be saying something.

I snapped out of my revere, finally hearing him and his deep, husky voice. He noticed my sudden change in attitude and stopped talking. Good, I didn’t hear a thing he said. Only the sound of his voice.

He looked me up and down, probably judging my home clothes. I felt exposed, my tank top showed my chest perfectly. And, of course, that’s where I found him looking. He seemed to snap out of a daze.

“I’m sorry,” his voice was quiet and soft. As if he was trying not to spook me.

I smiled, “You’re good.”

He looked at me with dark eyes, " Do you�"” his voice cracked slightly, and he paused to clear his throat, “do you need any help?” His eyes were on the few boxes I had in my back seat.

“No, thanks,” I spoke sharply, aware that if I get too close I’ll hurt him. When I looked over his head was down, his eyes looking at me pleadingly.

I ignored him and tried to lift the two boxes on my own, him watching the whole time. I struggled until I realized I indeed needed help. Sighing, I looked over at him.

He had a smile plastered on his face, and his eyes glinted.

“Can I help now?”

I sighed inwardly, “Fine.”

He walked closer and took the heaviest box, “Lead the way, pretty lady.”



© 2022 Angel


Author's Note

Angel
Ignore grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on December 10, 2022
Last Updated on December 10, 2022
Tags: #love, #teen


Author

Angel
Angel

Holland, MI



About
She/Her 15 Writer/Reader more..

Writing
Marcus Marcus

A Chapter by Angel