20,000 Feet.

20,000 Feet.

A Story by Poppletron
"

Day 4 Prompt: The plane shook violently. The pilot claims it’s only turbulence, but you're convinced it has something to do with the silhouette on the plane’s wing.

"
The plane shook violently. The pilot claims it’s only turbulence, but I'm convinced it has something to do with the silhouette on the plane’s wing. I mean what else could it be?
My mind immediately flashed to the black and white face of Captain Kirk crying out, "There's someone on the wing, some...thing." I chuckled to myself briefly before realizing that soon enough I'd probably be doing that exact same thing, as it seemed I had fallen into the Twilight Zone myself.
If so, should I really tell everyone as Mr. Wilson did? They certainly didn't believe him and even if they had what good would it have done? It would incite panic in the other passengers from something that could be nothing for all I know I'm seeing things. When faced with potential doom do the others have a right to know or would they be better off in blissful ignorance until death is assured? 
Lightning flashed and sure enough, I was right just not in the way I thought originally... 

© 2017 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 23, 2017

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron