Unusual Pursuer

Unusual Pursuer

A Chapter by Liv
"

*CATO'S POV. Cato is angry at himself for having any type of feelings for Clove, but he really just can't help himself.

"
The moment it hit the wall, Mrs. Fort's prize china smashed into a million pieces. It didn't matter, Cato thought bitterly, they had so much money they could replace it in an hour. Just like everything else in the Fort household. Everything was replaceable, perhaps even himself, Cato sometimes had thought in his weaker moments. 
And lately, Cato had been having a lot of weak moments. It was most unlike him. Cato, who was the most feared and powerful in the training center. And lately, it had come down to this rather pathetic means of venting. 
Cato would spend all day at the Training Center, subconsciously looking for her, watching her. He didn't even know why and it unsettled Cato, as he always knew everything he needed to. 
Whilst waiting in line for combat practise, 9 times out of 10 he'd catch himself watching her, admiring her. Something about the way she never missed a target, or the way she set her face when going in for the kill, or perhaps her eyes that were alight with concentration, or maybe even her long, flowing black hair that whipped and glimmered as she ducked and lunged at her partner. Whatever it was, something drew Cato to Clove Mortalen, and he didn't like it at all. Something that made him actually nod at her, in her favourite place in the District. 

So tonight, like almost every other night, Cato'd come back to the place he was forced to call home after a long and confusing day of something he couldn't describe, and practise alone, as it was the only thing that took his mind off of... her. 

***

During his morning work out the next day, Cato succeeded in thinking not for one minute about Clove Mortalen, but focused on today's fight. The reaping was only a few months away and this year, Cato intended to volunteer to bring pride to District 2. 
Afterwards, he proceeded toward the main training hall, where the fight would take place, supervised, unfortunately. Most of the other trainees came by to watch, to check out competition and size each other up, but Cato was pleased to report to himself Clove didn't make an appearance. 

Baig, the boy whom Cato would be fighting today, got up, he seemed to be shaking a little. Cato scoffed.  In his opinion the weak should be weeded out early. Baig barely made eye contact with Cato until Loson, the head training instructor, called for fight. 
All was going very well, according to Cato, Baig was a complete pansy and seemed to be slightly thick as well as he never had the sense to duck, or really move at all. 

Cato was about to claim his victory when she entered. He hated himself for instantly recognising that jet black hair, but he did. He pulled Baig into a headlock and watched her skirt over to stand next to the Nila girl. Clove folded her arms and her face twisted into a menacing smirk as she watched him with a look that unmistakably said, 

"I'm going to get you."

Despite his recent odd attraction to Clove, Cato wasn't one to turn down a fight. So, slamming Baig to the floor causing the victory whistle to be blown, he looked Clove directly in the her glinting eyes and raised his eyebrows. 

Not if I get you first. 
 


© 2012 Liv


Author's Note

Liv
So there's Chapter 2! I decided to do it in Cato's POV this time, so you can know what they're both thinking.
Review & Rate. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For such a young girl you are a very good writer with an excellent imagination...Your story is very interesting and I definitly want to read more....I write screenplays and have to put alot of detail into everything...This seems to have a hint of that detail...Very good stuff

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

For such a young girl you are a very good writer with an excellent imagination...Your story is very interesting and I definitly want to read more....I write screenplays and have to put alot of detail into everything...This seems to have a hint of that detail...Very good stuff

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 25, 2012
Tags: cato and clove, cato, clove, the hunger games, clato, District 2, careers, silenced desire, unusual pursuer


Author

Liv
Liv

London, England, United Kingdom



About
I'm Liv, 15 years old and my life basically revolves around Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. I love fanfics because they go into so much depth with loads of creative ideas about everyone's favouri.. more..

Writing
Innocent Interest Innocent Interest

A Chapter by Liv


The 'bow' in Rainbow The 'bow' in Rainbow

A Chapter by Liv