Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Pranoy Chatterjee
"

This world is my boxing ring. Witness my beginning of my story and the continuity of Hal Jordan's legacy

"

“In the brightest day, in the blackest night,

 No evil shall escape my sight.

 Let those who worship, evil’s might,

 Beware my power, Green Lantern’s Light!”

 

Do you believe in the extraterrestrial? Sounds like a cliched question right? Well, sorry to burst the bubble, but I have worked alongside them. Not a very friendly species. Their agenda seems so divided. Some of them would die protecting the universe while some will come for your throats as if their life depended on it. You heard right, ‘Universe’! The conjecture revolving around it may seem lopsided to an average human’s mind. I too was an average human. Well, not average, uhh….time to address the elephant in the room. I am Evan Conner, famous lightweight boxing champion of the WBC. Unfortunately, now I have been reduced to living like a common man trying to hold together my waning stardom. Don’t take any offence alright! I was a pretty big deal a year back until my past caught up to me and bludgeoned my present into oblivion. That’s what I had thought a year back, but now I am a changed man, well, atleast I think I am.


Sorry, I forgot about the ‘Conjecture’ I was talking about before. You see, the earth has always been the object of attraction to alien species, mainly because of its inhabitants, humans. We humans may seem primitive to them, however we do possess a unique quality they are wary of, our strong primal instinct to survive. Sometimes, we tend to go against our own kind in order to leverage our position in the cycle of life. The life as a Lantern corp as blessed me with wisdom albeit in a small quantity for me to understand my home planet as well as other planets of a different perspective. You probably must be thinking I am stoned. Well sorry to burst your bubble the second time, I am the f*****g Green Lantern! And if anyone dares to threaten my planet, then beware the power of the Green Lantern’s light! 



© 2016 Pranoy Chatterjee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016


Author

Pranoy Chatterjee
Pranoy Chatterjee

Mumbai, Vashi, India



About
I am an avid reader and aspiring writer. Currently pursuing my last year of chemical engineering in Singapore. I love writing poems that accentuate the grey outlook of life. When it comes to short sto.. more..

Writing