A Story of Love

A Story of Love

A Story by Praveen Patil
"

A story of two lovers of defining what Love is!

"

When Sun is rising towards the earth to make everyone alive, the so called society is rushing to survive, all are in hustle, crossing road, riding bike, driving car to reach the destination! Mean while beautiful songs are playing in everyone’s iPod, mobile, FM etc., perhaps, no one is listening.

I was watching the world standing in my office terrace, interruption of my phone ring swiped all my imagination. It is flashing a display ‘Pretty!’

‘Love’ I murmured and picked the call

‘Shiva, What are you doing?’ she asked before I answer

‘Counting how many are alive and how many are just breathing in this city’ I said

‘Can’t you do normal work like all?’ she asked

This is not the first time she is asking, but I have to give same answer

‘I am alive dear, so not authorised to do normal things!’

‘You are an Idiot’ She said ‘Exact 6 at same place, bye’

Call disconnected.

Same Place means, the place where my bad time started, where I saw her first time! Where I fell in love to a serious girl who was reading a book in new-year party! Whether it’s my bad time or the newly experienced beverage I could not rationalise who dragged me towards her on that night leaving all beautiful girls in dancing floor!!

I went straight to her and said before having my last sip ‘Happy new year and I love you’

She looked at me surprisingly with sharp eyes ‘Go to hell!’

‘That’s why I came to you’ I said holding her gaze

She once looked at party hall for her friends who were still hung with boys. She stood and stepped towards outside

That is the only chance God given me! Like all other boys, I also unable recognise his warning! I lost my heart completely.

She is a writer, very serious writer who strongly believes ‘pen is mightier than the sword.’ This is one of the impractical ambitions I can ever imagine!

                                                         |2|

My phone crying desperately when our office lady staffs are rushing to home in fear of missing their daily serials! I looked at phone; again it is displaying the name of devil ‘Pretty’

I looked at wall clock; it is dancing in the stage of SIX.

‘Oh, hell’ I exclaimed and run towards my car.

For my good faith it is raining heavy, the jammed traffic moving like tortoise.

 

I parked the car and rushed towards restaurant like flying sikh?! I went to her, and seated opposite chair smilingly.

She looked at me seriously like unknown person

‘Hi’ I said ignoring her look. I like her serious face, but twenty four hours! I can’t

‘Who the hell are you?’ she frowned.

‘I can’t believe this generation girls, they could not able to recognise their boy friend in just a week after!’ I grinned

‘It’s 7”O clock’ she said pointing to her watch which once I had given gift.

‘I am literate, I can understand time’

‘Then try to maintain it’ she said and rose

‘What? It’s heavy raining outside’

‘You have to leave early, not at six thirty’ she said turning towards me

I rose from seat, spreading my hands to hug her ‘I am sorry dear, it’s raining’

She avoided ‘After a week I am meeting you, even you are unable to come in time?’

‘I had a very busy work in office’ said in tired voice.

‘I know what work you do in office’ gave a strange look ‘I am going to home’ she declared. These girls are unnecessarily wasting precious time of boys

I stood silently. ‘Are you coming?’ she asked with a smile as she knows my answer.

‘Why? Your parents?’ acted like puzzled, I can guess if she is inviting me to home, then they are not!

She gave a naughty smile ‘NO’ headed towards my car. I followed her.

           |3|

When I saw you, a bunch of flowers aroused in my garden heart

All flowers are smiling and waiting for your one touch..

Waiting for you to make my dream come true

You are my dream you are my life you are my soul!

 

Pleasant song was playing in car, which was struck in middle of road due to heavy traffic. Dark clouds are standing still with stiff face and pouring water without any sign of stop!  The great roads of Bangalore are becoming river! I turned to preethi, she is looking outside seriously, and her hairs are waving in wind. I waited her to look at me, but she not at all. I understood, matter is something serious

After a struggle of one hour I succeeded to reach her home safely. She got down from car and stepped to home! Not even bother to look or invite. I waited for five minutes, but no message!  As a descent gentleman I went to her home without invitation! Is it required? I don’t think so!!

 

I entered inside without any knock on door, when I stepped in, I had seen smiling preethi! Impossible, it’s a photo which was hung in hall around with most mysterious photos.

‘Preethi’ I said smoothly

‘Sit there shiva, I am coming’ she shouted from her bed room

My heart is eagerly forcing me to go, but I told him to calm and seated on sofa.

After five minutes she entered holding big photo album and seated beside me. I looked at her seriously!

Preethi placed the album on my lap and signalled me to look

I opened that album, in first page written with big bold letters ‘Pranit and Pavitra -A love to live life

‘These girls always in mood of marriage as like boys always...’ exclaiming into me turned to second page. A most beautiful girl and handsome boy standing holding each other’s hand

I looked at preethi ‘She is beautiful preethi; I should have met her before him’ I said to make her smile, but she not at all reacted to my joke.

I started watching those photos, a beautiful smile aroused on my face as like I am feeling the moments with them. After few pictures when I turned in to next. I felt shocked, my hands started trembling, heart beat gone up enormously. I felt terrible, because that young man is marrying ugliest girl in this world. Her face is fully burnt, hopefully body. I turned some more sheets and unable to bear boy decision, shut the album and threw into table before.

I looked at preethi; she is observing me deeply ‘What the hell is this preethi?’

‘You have to tell shiva’ she said, her voice was soft ‘what you understood by seeing this album?’ she stretched her hand towards album.

I rose from my seat, walking furiously ‘the handsome man was dated that beautiful girl, afterwards married ugliest girl just for the sake of money or property. That’s it’ I stated and looked for her reaction. She is still looking at me critically. ‘And you think, I am also that kind of bugger who leaves you for money?!’

She rose from her seat, stepped to corner window. Still rain is heavy. She looked at me without any reaction, and again turned towards outside ‘I wanted you to be that kind of man shiva!’

I was stunned by her answer ‘what?!’

She turned to me ‘I went in search of true love for my valentine article, I found these lovers’ she continued ‘They both are classmates turned lovers. After completion of their studies they got engaged. Life is heaven for these love birds. But soon storm come to ruin’ she sighed ‘the boy went to America for his project, in that time she met with an accident which burnt her most of the body, she turned ugly.

She went away from him, because she could able to imagine how might be his reaction. But when she not picked his calls and not replied to any mails, Pranit left the job and returned to India. All along the place he searched, contacted her friends, relatives her favourite places and after a long year, finally found her.

When he came in front and stood smilingly, she collapsed, her face covered with mask, hands with glows. She was unable to respond for a long minute.

‘Pranit, don’t see my face. I am ugly, go away. You can’t handle’

He laughed at her, removing her mask he said ‘I do not love you for your beautiful face, but the pure heart where I am forever, do I have a place in it still which remains purer & beautiful for ever…’

 

Love won against the destiny’ she glared at me ‘after knowing them, I am feeling something unusual about us shiva. Where our love stands, I don’ know? Whether it is Love or just a name like other relationships?’

‘Then don’t think ours is...’ she interrupted ‘Shiva, your answer may change our lives. I want truth, absolute truth’

‘I don’t do any promise preethi’ went to her and hugged tightly ‘because anyone can make promises, but few only commit to it in all circumstances of life. My love is as pure as it was born. If I even want, I can’t forget you. You are my Soul’

 

Silent wind surrounded us....                                

             Love is an endless saga! No one able to write THE END

© 2013 Praveen Patil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe a old memory of her acting all romantic :) And suddenly she went into that serious mode. Just a few suggestions.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Why is that girl portrayed to be serious always? Don't you think there is an actual lack of chemistry except the climax?

This is a nice story. Those are my honest feedback. If you can fix it, it will be even more better.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Praveen Patil

10 Years Ago

Thank you praveen for your fair feedback, I will work on it..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2013
Last Updated on November 18, 2013
Tags: Love

Author

Praveen Patil
Praveen Patil

bangalore, karnataka, India



Writing