Love Dale

Love Dale

A Story by DarkFantasy

Four years have passed and things are like what they have been   years ago and now I don’t expect them to change at all…

Meera ran into my arms along with the drawing she had made. I think, she has inherited it from me, making sketches, portraying actions….she is three years old now. Though she loves Manav a lot she spends most of her time with me because Manav remains busy with his work schedule.

She loves playing with my tresses. As she fell asleep in my arms my thoughts drifted back in time. They began to sail in a direction which I had blocked, for I was never to return.

I met him at IIMC for the first time. A regular guy with a not so regular attitude.  Tall, dark and handsome. He sat next to me, where we all were sitting for the interview session. He was in my class. I don’t know what made us draw towards each other. Sikander was a fabulous story teller and I was the one indulged in his stories or may be our common background or may be just love…pure but passionate…lovely and mesmerizing. We were totally lost in each other.

I have always loved Manali and when Sikander asked me for a vacation, I Jumped at the opportunity. That four day stay still hung to me……and my heart aches badly…

I was in Sikander’s room looking out of the window and talking to the moon. I know he found it a bit crazy. Actually it was more than a bit. “Sweetheart, why do you behave like a kid and talk to that moon about us? You can talk to me or any of your friends. You have loads of them.” he said lighting his cigarette. I went to his recliner he was resting on. I took the cigarette and threw it away. I hated his smoking habit but he always said that he cannot give up two things-that stupid cigarette and Me. Sitting on his lap I said “I know you find it stupid Sikander but I just feel like talking to the moon about us. I just feel it would keep us away from all omens and evil eyes.” He laughed his silly laugh and took me in embrace. I melted in him. He started stroking my hairs. He just loved playing with my tresses.

Meera woke up suddenly. After she came back from the bathroom she started it again. She wants me to take her to the place I have painted on the canvas-Manali. Manav brought it out of the store room; he loves this one. For him memories are to be preserved even when they are painful……

Sikander never told me why he was leaving. He was going to the States. I knew it was more than just his office thing. Not that we broke up. “You know I love you and I will always do. Just don’t ask me where am I going and when am I going to return, but I love you more than any damn thing in this world. You are very precious to me Meera, very precious. I love you Meera.” And he went leaving me drenched in the rain of my own tears. He called me Meera. He loved this name. Meera…..unbounded, unconditional love, pure and mystical…I shared it with Him. I shared it with Her….!

© 2013 DarkFantasy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

DarkFantasy
DarkFantasy

hyderabad, andhra pradesh, India



About
I am a Storyteller, Feminist, Atheist and a pessimist. When I am not being sarcastic or busy criticizing everything that is wrong with the world, I engage myself in writing my dissertation (yeah, I'm .. more..

Writing