I’m On My Way Death

I’m On My Way Death

A Chapter by Noir Crescent
"

Interpretation of death

"
Quite an eventful day it was in autumn. All the rush, all the chatter, and even the din came along. The littered streets and flickering light here and there, it was quite a day for a beloved doctor, Luthienstein, accompanyed by three unique boys in a black cab.

The people cheered and shed tears of joy as he passed through the town, waving. When the cab left the city, the doctor became confused.
“My house isn’t this way,” he exclaimed.
“ I think you took the wrong tur�"”
“Hey! Doctor! Doctor! Where do you think we are going?” A scruffy boy excitedly riddled right next to him.
“I don’t - Hey! Driver, I think you should take these kids home. Their parents must be worried.”
“We don’t have parents,” another boy answered as he made a peculiar grin.
“Well, I don’t think it’s safe to travel alone without a guardian.”
The boy farther away from the doctor made incomprehensible broken sentences in reply.
“You-g-guardian-no.”
The doctor gave each of the passengers in the black cab, a second look.

The driver was the baker acrossed his house. The scruffy boy was Ace, a neighborhood kid he always saw running around causing mischief. The one with grin is Scave, a flirt at a nearby middle school. Lastly, the weird one that is always surround by pigeons, like a vultures to a corpse, Norst. How strange it was, that it took him awhile to remember them. Even more so, why are they taking him to somewhere unknown.

The darkness flooded the cab until light quickly reappeared as if the sun was like a flickering light bulb.
“Where are we going?”
“To his place.” Ace replied nonchalantly.
“His place? The baker’s?”
“No. His place.” Ace repeated.
“Who’s he?”
“Him!” Ace impatiently answered.
“Like I said, I’m not understanding what you are saying!”
“Stop your bickering. Why are you trying to argue with a kid.” Scave sighed. “ What the imbecile was trying to say is the man, who is the boss of us, is inviting us over to his place through this forest.”
“Forest?”
Before he knew, the cab was surrounded by lush green leaves, but it was Autumn.

Slowly the cab came to a halt before a large abandon house that’s beginning to deteriorate.
“ Is this some kind of prank?”
“Yeah, sure, we’re going to bring you to this ruin just to tell ghost stories.” Ace sarcastically said as he stepped out of the car.
They reached the front step and the baker pressed the rusted doorbell.
Ding!
It rang for a good five seconds before, like any cliche haunted house, squeakingly opened.

“WELCOME!” A voice shouted from atop the stairs in such grand manner with arms widespread like a bird.
The stranger came down the steps quickly and to the doctor’s surprise and shock, he saw his own face on the man.
“ I bid you, welcome, Dr. Luthienstein. I awaited your arrival since birth. Come in. Come in.” He said.
BAM!
The door behind them shut abruptly.
“I am Death, please to finally meet you in person.”


© 2017 Noir Crescent


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on October 6, 2017
Last Updated on October 6, 2017
Tags: Death, imagery


Author

Noir Crescent
Noir Crescent

New York City , NY



About
Just a writer. more..

Writing