Loki and Terro

Loki and Terro

A Story by William Propsner
"

Two best friends. One is a special friend.

"

Flying in space was always fun for young Terro. He enjoyed watching the stars go by and liked seeing all the different planets.

This time Terro had his best friend Loki with him. Loki was a moon dog. Moon dogs have the ability to speak. And Terro has one of the smartest moon dogs.

Terro when are we going to eat? You have been looking out that porthole for hours now. I need my meat.” Loki was always hungry and gets cranky when he is hungry.

Okay Loki. I guess we do need to eat once in a while huh? I will heat up some mud soup for you.”

No! Not mud soup! I hate that! You eat it! I want the Xabra meat that I packed. You should know better.”

Terro laughed out loud. “I was kidding Loki. I would never give you my mud soup. That is my favorite. I already have your meat heated up.”

Terro liked kidding Loki like that. He liked to see Loki raise his ears when he gets upset. Moon dogs have ears that are as long as their bodies. And Loki’s ears were the longest.

Thank you Terro. I was hoping you were kidding.” Loki smiled and rubbed Terros hand with his tail. That was a moon dogs way of saying thank you.

The two space explorers sat at a small table and quietly ate their meals. Loki of course was finished first.

How about a fast game of Hiders Terro? I will let you win this time.” Loki said with a mischievous grin.

Not this time my friend. We are about to come up on planet B-1. And we have to see if the planet is inhabited this time.”

The two space explorers relaxed for the next two hours that it would take them to reach planet B-1.

Terro was the youngest Arcon space explorers the council had. He is only 8 years old. But on Earth he would be 18. On Arcon, kids stay young longer. When they reach the age of Acceptance they age faster. Terro and Loki have been explorers for four years together.

When Terro met Loki, he was just beginning his training for space. Loki is still a young moon dog. If he were an Earth dog, he would be 12 ears old. And Loki had one quality. He liked to play jokes on everyone.

Terro floated into the standby room to check on Loki. Just as he guessed, Loki was sound asleep. This time Terro will play a joke on Loki.

Terro silently floated over to the alarm panel and pressed the self destruct button. Suddenly, a very loud, shrill alarm sounded.

'Danger…..danger……this ship has been placed in the self destruct mode. The crew has 30 seconds to abandon ship.’

Terro broke out laughing wildly as he watched Loki jump and frantically start waving his 6 legs wildly.

Looking up and seeing Terro laughing started Loki laughing as well.

Well that was a good one Terro! I would have never thought about doing that. Very good.” Both of them were in tears laughing.

A voice came over the ship speakers, 'Aproaching planet B-1 in two minutes. Orbit set to automatic.’

The voice was the ship computer. It was set to sound when the ship was nearing a planet.

Here we go Loki. I am excited. Maybe we can see new life.”

I hope so Terro. That would be great. Wonder what they would look like?”

We just have to wait and see when we land.”

The ship slowed and began the landing sequence. It slowed down and dropped into the atmosphere of the planet.

Terro and Loki could see what looked like little domes that might be living spaces for whoever lived on this planet.

The landing legs came out and the ship finally set down on planet B-1.

Terro looked out the porthole and did not see any life.

Are you ready to take a look Like?”

Yes I am Terro. Let's do it. I am ready.”

The door to the ship opened and the two space explorers stepped out. Planting their feet on the firm soul and smelling the clean air made Terro and Loki feel good.

All of a suddenly they heard what sounded like laughter from a hidden place.

And out from behind a hill ran hundreds of tiny moon dogs!

Loki was startled. For he had never seen this many moon dogs before. And he had never seen moon dogs this small before.

The tiny moon dogs surrounded the two space explorers and just sat down. All of them just sat and smiled at them the same way Loki smiled. And they all looked exactly like tiny Lokis.

One little moon dog walked up to Loki and spoke.

We are here to welcome you. We knew you were coming. Your leaders on your planet Arcon did not want to keep you from landing here so they did not tell you we are here.”

You are called Loki. You came from us. You grow large on Arcon. Now you have returned. We are to learn from you.”

This is your new home.”

Terro and Loki have arrived at Arcon One. The true homeworld of Terro. And the new home for Loki, who will be their leader.

© 2023 William Propsner


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on December 13, 2023
Last Updated on December 13, 2023
Tags: Dogs, Moon, Space

Author

William Propsner
William Propsner

Artesia, NM



About
Finally became a published author. Live in Artesia, New Mexico USA Navy Veteran 1971 - 1977 more..

Writing