Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Sythle

Chapter 4

“A wolf used scenting, tracking, and pure luck combined to make a successful hunt,”

We started the walk home, out the school gates and onto the road, the familiar way home was already darkened as we’d been about ten minutes after the bell with having the shower, another five minutes with the fight, and another five or ten minutes waiting for Blake to go so I could get changed without him nicking my clothes. The path was empty and the shadows were already growing long.

“Hey guys did you believe that spiritual animal stuff Miss was telling us about in RE?” I asked curiously.
“Meh, it could be true, I’d prefer to see the brain scans though too see the real change and have the person checked for any sort of injury or trauma that could’ve caused it instead” Eth answered.
“Well I think it’s mostly bullcrap” Aiden added. “Okay I’ll cya guy tomorrow then.” He said as he turned down one of the streets that led up to his house.
“Later man” Me and Ethan replied as we carried on forward.
“So you believe the trait can go through into the human thing. I mean like can trait of the animal be shown in the human you think?” I questioned, eager to get back to the subject without sounding to interest in it.
“Depends, I mean anyone can act more like an animal, but I guess if the person dedicated stuff to being like an animal, I mean science has already proved that ancient tribes that acted like certain animals evolved to be more like them, and that gene could lie dormant and could be activated, so yeah it could probably happen”
“What about physical traits, not like movement, I mean things that you can see, see hawks have amazing eyesight and so on, so if a person got that trait they would have improved eyesight, that makes sense, but I mean physical traits that you can see, for instance, owls have talons, so could the person start growing longer and strong nails?”
“I doubt they would literally turn into an owl, but they would probably have nails more like an owl, but not completely, I think that’s just stupid, how come you’re so interested anyway? Not like you to be interested in something we learnt in school”
“Yeah well I’m learning it off you so that doesn’t count.”
“Right, well don’t get to interested, you might do your homework if you’re not careful.”
“Thanks for the advice, later man” I said as I turned down the familiar road leading up to my house, as I walked down the street I looked towards the nearby forest, I always admired it, I think of how it would’ve been before it first grew the big empty space, now it was a dark forest with tree’s and overgrown shrubs, it a tree fell you wouldn’t even hear it, it was that thick and that deep, I just admired it for being like that.

“Hey dad I’m home,” I shouted at I walked through the front door.
“Okay, I’m in the study,” He shouted back, he spent most his time in there now, he started up a business so he spent most of his time on his laptop in the study working, he had to get it going and it would take allot of effort to get it started. He had to compete with all the other small businesses out there.
“Mum home yet?” I asked
“She’ll be home around seven” He replied

My mum worked as a head teacher so she had to be last out of the school, which was late. I went upstairs to get started on my homework, which I knew I wouldn’t do, I would just end up on the internet as usual.



© 2012 Sythle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on December 7, 2012
Last Updated on December 7, 2012


Author

Sythle
Sythle

Bury, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm pretty new to writing short stories so I'm not gonna be the best, so try not to judge to much but all types of feedback is much apriciated. I've been a s**t speller and s**t at grammar as long.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sythle


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sythle


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Sythle