Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Melina A. Cambree
"

17 year old RaeLynn is the cynical one, the one who never believes what people tell her because that would mean trusting someone, and she just cant do that.

"

Love just makes everything more complicated…no one seems to understand that. RaeLynn thought. Oh, well…at least I’m not one of those fools, who fall for someone and end up on my a*s.
    “Rae…Rae! RaeLynn! Oh my God! Will you snap out of your daydreaming?” Becca yelled at her best friend. “The cutest guy in the school was just talking to you, and you told him off! You just kept writing in that stupid notebook of yours.”
    Rae rolled her eyes. As much as she loved Becca, she couldn’t help but think that she needed to grow up. “BeeBee, if you’re talking about Koda, which I know you are...just drop it. I've told you before, him and I have grown up together. My mom has pictures of us in diapers together. I don't see Koda as dating material...I see him as tackle him to the ground material."
    How can you see into my eyes, like open doors... "Rae...phone."
    "Oh yeah, I forgot I changed that...Hello? Oh, hey mom...Yes I know...I know mom...MOM!...I know...Sorry, you just wouldn't drop it...No I'm not going to say it out loud...Because! I'm not going to say that right now, people don't need to known what I'm doing after school...Fine, I'll text it too you...I love you too...Mom, push the red button...Yes, that one...Kay, Love you." RaeLynn looked over at Becca to see the funniest face she'd ever seen. "What?"
    "'Push the red button' what the Hell are you talking about?" Becca looked like she really didn't want to know, but her curiosity got the better of her.
    "My mom doesn't know how to hang up her cell. I haven't gotten that far in 'Cell 101.'" RaeLynn couldn't stop laughing at the face Becca was making.
   Becca looked like she was going to have a mental breakdown. "You 'haven't gotten that far?' How far have you gotten? Dialing the numbers?!"
    "Yeah...pretty much. You've met my mom. Her with technology is like a vegan with a steak...she knows what it's for, but not how to use it."
    "Enough with the vegan jokes Rae...I will not consume something as innocent as an animal, just so I can live. Deal!" While she was saying this, Becca was laughing so hard she was crying.

   Tears were streaming out of RaeLynn’s pretty blue eyes. Not from the pain of her dad’s betrayals, oh no she’d gotten over those years ago, but from the anger that he was invoking. Unfortunately, because of her tears, she didn’t see her father’s hand until it was already to late. Smack!
   “Dad! Stop it!” RaeLynn shrieked, as she ducked the blow her dad tried to deal her. She had hoped that he would leave again today…instead he was sitting at home waiting for her.
   “Shut up you filthy w***e!” Her dad yelled as he tried to strike her again.
   “‘Filthy w***e?!’ Look whose talking! You’ve slept with everything that would let you at it! Hell! If you were able to get pregnant, and had instead of mom, you would’ve had to get a paternity test! Now get the Hell off of me!” RaeLynn knew, as soon as the words were out of her mouth, that she was going to pay. Damn my stupid temper! Why can’t I just keep my mouth shut?-and not talk back? Her annoying little voice, that usually got her in trouble, decided to speak up right then. Because, Dearest, you are your father’s daughter…He can’t keep it in his pants, and you can’t keep it in your head.



© 2010 Melina A. Cambree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on March 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010


Author

Melina A. Cambree
Melina A. Cambree

TN



About
"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words." ~ Edgar Allan Poe RaeLynn's Playlist Duke's Playlist Becca's Playlist Tanner's Playli.. more..

Writing