Holding Hands

Holding Hands

A Poem by Bethany Woody
"

For my husband

"
When the last flicker
    of the candle's glow has gone
When the last breathless
    sigh has sounded in the night
The last lingering kiss shared
     and the last goodnight whispered
After the I love yous
     and the see you with the sunrise
We curl together spoon fashion
     sheltering each other safely
And fall asleep
     holding hands.

© 2009 Bethany Woody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your descriptions, they are gentle and harmonious. You see two people in your mind's eye, because your imagery is right on. I love the lines-We curl together spoon fashion, sheltering each other safely and fall asleep holding hands. Though your end stops and sentence placement help guide the reader in this particular poem, puncuation is never out of fashion. And it helps the reader to slow down a bit more and really enjoy the poem.
When the last flicker
of the candle's glow has gone,
when the last, breathless
sigh, has sounded in the night,
the last lingering kiss shared
and the last goodnight whispered;
After the I love yous
and the, see you with the sunrise,
we curl together, spoon fashion,
sheltering each other safely
and fall asleep
holding hands.

A beautiful, gentle, sweet poem. Kudos!
Barbara

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was beautiful. Simple, musical, and sincere.
There is something extra thrilling about holding hands with the one you love, and I think you captured that essence beautifully.
Thank you for sharing this poem with us!
~Katherine

Posted 14 Years Ago


I had forgotten how endearing holding hands can be, how sweet and innocent it is. How such a simple thing can send electricity through out the human body and how the softness of another's hand can take over all other senses so that all we know that exist is the feel of our hands together. After it is all said and down sometimes the most loving human nature act is to hold hands and just enjoy each other even in silence. Lovely write~

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awwwww my favorite piece from you. Your husband is a lucky man. This poem is very sensual and romantic. :) i love it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Although you don't know me... this is so very beautiful.....just the way love should be...
holding hands....

Thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just beautiful stuff. It is so sweet and so touching,I wonder if my wife feels that way about me. Very moving poem,great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe! This is so wonderful and so sweet.
Such a sincere write from your heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This seems to me a story of love which is filled with contentment and fulfillment. They complete each other. No storm could ever take them away from each other. Love ties them together for life. This is so sweet and so inspiring. Short it may be but it's full of substance. A great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful, straight-from-the-heart love poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

oh this is really sweet.... I never understand people who love one another that fall asleep not touching... that closeness when drifting off is priceless... a touching write to your hubby.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

549 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2009

Author

Bethany Woody
Bethany Woody

Atlanta, GA



About
This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me,- The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..