'It didn't work out'

'It didn't work out'

A Poem by Alaska

"It didn't work out."
I guess those are just the four words thay make you feel numb even when you shouldn't.

They're the way your love ends and your heartbreak story begins.

You'll look back on it a few years from now, your hair longer now & you stopped shaking.

& you run into someone you knew back then, back when you were eighteen & you were together.

They'll ask how you are now & what you've been up to.....& what happened?.... What happened.
Because god , you were so in love. The kind of love you don't think goes away until it does.

So you'll play it all back in your head, even though you haven't thought about it in a long while & it'll rush back & wash over you, & you'll take every ' I love you' & every hard kiss & every intertwined finger, wrap it all up & press it between the letters of the words "it didn't work out"

You won't talk about the first time you met & how you never laughed so hard in your life.

You won't talk about falling asleep while you were lying under the stars.

You wouldn't bring up how she made you feel that you weren't going to die & with her, you didn't want to.

You can't even remember why it ended.

Everything you were & everything you had is gone.
It just ... didn't work out .


But you know it could have . . .

© 2016 Alaska


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alaska,
Enjoyed your poem immensely. You hit all the right chords of the exposed feelings that memorize these relationships. We reach such a high with our emotions that maybe it takes a lifetime to return from the fall. Well done.
Richie b.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alaska

6 Years Ago

Thank you ! Glad i did so :)
This is great, speaks from the heart. Good work, I look forward to reading more. You have a real way with words that I admire.
~Tealah

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alaska

6 Years Ago

Hopefully since i'm back now you will, thank you :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfuTDbdKoY :p

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2016
Last Updated on March 3, 2016

Author

Alaska
Alaska

Jordan



About
I just find expression in writing. more..

Writing