Tell Me What The Rain Knows

Tell Me What The Rain Knows

A Poem by Paris France
"

A poem that reminds us that no matter how depressing life seems the darkness will pass into a new and beautiful tomorrow.

"

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

If it is the tears of angels,

Then wash away my heart ache

And see how the sky grows clear.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

As I wander down life’s path

Shower me with its wisdom

And flood me with the truth.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

Whisper it into my ear,

As I stand here, crying,

The rain hiding my tears.

 

    Please, tell me what the rain knows.

So when life swells with tempests

I can stand firm and be at peace

With rain’s knowledge that “All will pass.”

 

Ah, and watch the sun rise up,

Embracing me with warmth as

I soar on the wings of morning.

A new day has come!

And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain

© 2010 Paris France


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain"

Gorgeous. This poem was beautiful. I love the whole concept of this poem. It's interesting to see what people can take from nature. Asking what the rain might know...completely and utterly brilliant! This poem had me from the title, first line and every line after that.

Life's free pleasures are so easy to overlook but when you actually stay in one spot and absorb everything around you has to offer, something like this poem comes about and inspiration bewilders all of us!

It's like being in a whole new state of mind.
Poetry about nature creates such a high.

I love how you interpreted rain. I love it. Washing away all that's dirty and bad.

Again, sorry for the ramble, but perfect :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Really like it!!! Your a GREAT poet! I find it very touching!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was amazing, you should write poems more often! that "All will pass." just pierced my heart, that was like a revelation. Now I know how Moses felt when he wrote down the ten commandments. :)

THREE WORDS: write...poems...more....often!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very nicely portrayed! :) GREAT!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A knowing through a high and a meditation of natural high.
It was very relatable and not just easy to understand but acually seemed understanding like the rain because you wrote it so well

Posted 13 Years Ago


great similie with the rain representing sorrowful times, the coming of the sun being symbolic of happiness to come or "a light at the end of the tunnel"
"So when life swells with tempests
I can stand firm and be at peace
With rain’s knowledge that “All will pass.”" My favourite part, it was beautiful



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This hits, hard. Such a beautiful piece of writing; your imagery is so consuming and captivating. "Shower me with its wisdom And flood me with the truth." favorite lines, i can't begin to explain how that made me feel. Incredibly sincere. Yeah, i basically love this! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"A new day has come!
And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain"
I loved this ending not only because the way it flows but also the way it is not an ending but also a beginging.
Great work out of interest what does the rain symbolise to you?
giving a good score of 100 for you awsume work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was reading this poem while it was raining and I couln't help but to read it to the rain as silly as that sounds .Ioved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm very fond of this poem after my initial read, and repeatedly reading it only fuels my love for it. I can definately see the strong use of pathetic falicy in this poem involving one of my favourite weather conditions, rain. Rain can inspire us all and you've inspired me with this piece to think about writing a pathetic falicy piece of prose. Thanks for the read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with HaruHau-Chan, it is both sad and uplifting. This piece is... beautiful. I love rain... and I love to see poems about it :) I love this poem. Its one of my favorites.... Thank you for sharing, great write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1970 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010
Tags: Poem, Rain, Life, Hope

Author

Paris France
Paris France

In Your Dreams,, WA



About
Kind, sweet, and cute--that’s who people say I am, but do they really know me…? Perhaps not, and that’s why I must tell you. I am a complicated little person, who likes some thin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kissing Frogs Kissing Frogs

A Poem by .


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B


Ariadne's Thread Ariadne's Thread

A Poem by OT